Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2015 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by indivual hotel, chains or regions.

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/pcr_package?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-GL-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".

1000 Bonus poits at Indigo Hotels
http://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/its_not_all_business?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-US-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-INNotAllBusiness.html

Get 1000 bonus points, a free breakfast and a free drink at particpating Indigo hotel. Not always worth the extra money, so do the math. Bonus points count as "qualification points".

Regular Promotions

Q1 Promotion

Set your sights promotion

Discussion and master thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1637199-next-big-ihg-promo-q1-50k-pts-more.html
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:48 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Promotion Discussion Thread 2015

This is the thread for all discussions related to discussion about promotion which might run by IHG apart from the regular (quartely / general) promotions.

If you have any question to the promotions, post it here and we are sure, you will get an answer.

Thank you

szg & FLYGVA
moderators IHG Forum

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 2, 2015 at 2:29 am
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
I have not dared to register for one single non-targeted promotion since I saw some thread here about closed accounts. I guess you can always create a new account (?) but I don't wanna lose my Plat status and massive amount of points.

Is my fear valid?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
I have not dared to register for one single non-targeted promotion since I saw some thread here about closed accounts. I guess you can always create a new account (?) but I don't wanna lose my Plat status and massive amount of points.

Is my fear valid?
Well we cannot guarantee anything, but if you're a plat through stays your business is important to IHG. I sign up for all the codes as a Gold (approx 25 paid nights per year, usually at th lowest rate) and never have had any problems.

That said they often don't credit.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:38 am

I am a Ambassidor but only gold, I assume there is no fast way to get to platinum apart from stay the 60 nights?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Oliveredmunds
I am a Ambassidor but only gold, I assume there is no fast way to get to platinum apart from stay the 60 nights?
Credit card, if available in your country.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Oliveredmunds
For simple IHG Platinum (not RA) the 'fast track' is 40 nights spread over either 4 (Americas and Europe) or 3 (everywhere else) brands depending on your home continent address.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:49 pm

I too have stayed away from codes over the past year or two, actually probably longer. Just have too many points to risk losing. I could stay a few weeks on reward nights at the present moment so wanna keep them. Will eventually use them up as there's always a devaluation risk when hoarding them, but want to make sure I can actually use them. Once I use them, perhaps I'll try these codes again.

If you get the credit card, do you stay Plat for as long as you have the card or just the first year?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by db1234db1234
If you get the credit card, do you stay Plat for as long as you have the card or just the first year?
I'm not sure which country you're in but yes, for the UK IHG Plat VISA that is the case.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Also for U.S.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: Too many...
Dear Flyersj18,

Stay again and be rewarded
Earn 1,500 bonus points worldwide

We’re really excited to offer a bonus you can earn with almost no effort at all. Simply stay with us again within 90 days and earn 1,500 bonus points. Want your bonus for visiting London? Berlin? Madrid? We make it easy. Just stay at any of 4700 hotels worldwide, in any of the IHG family of brands. Register now and let us show you how your benefits can make travel more rewarding for years to come.

Code 2133

Caveat emptor as always on the use of the code.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flyersj18
Dear Flyersj18,

Stay again and be rewarded
Earn 1,500 bonus points worldwide

We’re really excited to offer a bonus you can earn with almost no effort at all. Simply stay with us again within 90 days and earn 1,500 bonus points. Want your bonus for visiting London? Berlin? Madrid? We make it easy. Just stay at any of 4700 hotels worldwide, in any of the IHG family of brands. Register now and let us show you how your benefits can make travel more rewarding for years to come.

Code 2133

Caveat emptor as always on the use of the code.
In the past I would have registered in a heartbeat but am nervous now :-(
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Bloobell
In the past I would have registered in a heartbeat but am nervous now :-(
No wonder,
They should clear up the last promo before trying another. I'm still waiting for stays to post and I have to claim the reward in 2 weeks.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:33 pm

I emailed them to confirm that I had met the conditions, they responded within 24 hours stating I had, and that they would update within 7 days. they did too!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Will be draining my account of points in a couple of weeks and plan on registering again for all the promos again.

As a Plat I have received no benefits at any of the regular places I stay for work so they can go ahead and close my account.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Good luck about "registering again".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.