Wiki Posts
Search

Points and Cash for IHG bookings.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Points and Cash for IHG bookings.

When did dollars turn into pounds? Have I missed something? I went to book a UK Holiday Inn room using IHG's cash and points offer and was surprised to see the 15000 points and $40 (roughly used to be £28) to purchase 5000 extra points is now £40. No mention of dollars (which before got the ForEx 4 times points). That's a bit of a difference! So cancelling the booking and getting 20000 points back is costing £40, not $40, for 5000 points. Have IHG now clamped down?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by igc324
When did dollars turn into pounds? Have I missed something? I went to book a UK Holiday Inn room using IHG's cash and points offer and was surprised to see the 15000 points and $40 (roughly used to be £28) to purchase 5000 extra points is now £40. No mention of dollars (which before got the ForEx 4 times points). That's a bit of a difference! So cancelling the booking and getting 20000 points back is costing £40, not $40, for 5000 points. Have IHG now clamped down?
I don't know, but doing a few dummy bookings the eg 40 £ or $ or EUR is now in local currency rather than $
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by Saral
I don't know, but doing a few dummy bookings the eg 40 £ or $ or EUR is now in local currency rather than $
Rather a sneaky way of increasing the price of buying points! Used to be $40 for 5k points; now its £40.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
Terrible move by IHG if this is not an error. Just book a hotel in the US and cancel the reservation.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by igc324
Rather a sneaky way of increasing the price of buying points! Used to be $40 for 5k points; now its £40.
Update to my previous reply... When you click to book the points and cash rate it then puts the figure quoted as US$ and in the terms and condition for payment it specifically says payment of X amount US$
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by palermo
Terrible move by IHG if this is not an error. Just book a hotel in the US and cancel the reservation.
Before discovering what was happening at per my above post.... Was going to book a room in Japan... They wanted 30 jpn 😂
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: NZ
Yes I noticed this on the App - it first quotes the cash portion of a points + cash room in the local currency, eg Thai Baht for a hotel in Thailand, but this is a bug as they mean US$. It quotes US$ if you proceed to the next screen.

I thought I had found a cheap way to buy points, but sadly no ...

This did not seem to be happening on the PC version.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.