Search

Chase Anniversary Night as RA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
Chase Anniversary Night as RA

been searching and can't find any information, so thanks in advance

does any one have experience booking chase anniversary free night and being eligible for RA benefits? i have a booking coming up in Tokyo (the strings) and curious if i'll get upgraded.

also, a cool note, IC Osaka upgraded me to 1BR Club Suite on an award reservation, so that's a good perk!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Spitcool
been searching and can't find any information, so thanks in advance

does any one have experience booking chase anniversary free night and being eligible for RA benefits? i have a booking coming up in Tokyo (the strings) and curious if i'll get upgraded.

also, a cool note, IC Osaka upgraded me to 1BR Club Suite on an award reservation, so that's a good perk!
Free night Certs (CC or IHG) come out of the award night pool, so same as for award nights no entitlement to virtually all Amb/RA bennies on cert nights.

Of course if staying at hotel that treats RAs nicely on award nights, expect similar nice recognition on cert-free-nights too
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
makes sense, thanks. figured i'd ask since AMB free nights do yield benefits, so wasn't sure.

thx again
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:25 am

It's very YMMV depending on the property, I have even seen reports of (unusual) cases where they were so strict that even with attached paid reservations, they gave nothing on the first (award/cert) night and then had the guest change to their upgraded room for the paid portion of the stay. Most reports also mention that in the event of the reverse (paid night preceding the award/cert), they just let it ride and you keep the upgrades, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.