Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Left items in HIEX San Diego Old Town

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Left items in HIEX San Diego Old Town

Foolishly i left a Ralph Lauren Shopping bag in my room as i checked out of the hotel on Thursday last week. On realising my mistake 2 hours later i went back to hotel to see if the bag had been found...... Needless to say the hotel claimed NOTHING was left in the room.
Normally i would blame myself but the fact they said Nothing was left is a complete lie, i had left some items on purpose like dirty work boots etc which i didn't want to put in my case......

What do you do in a situation like this, grin and bear it?? or take it further?

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 25, 2017 at 11:14 pm
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:15 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have adjusted the thread title to reflect, that it is not the hotel itself, but the fact that items were forgotten in the hotel and the hotel mentioned nothing to be left back in the hotel.

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I once was firmly convinced I left my Kindle a hotel room. I went back to the hotel and asked, had them search it, searched it myself. They pulled the housekeeper who cleaned it and questioned it.

It was in my bag all along.

If you're saying you left some stuff on purpose, presumably for garbage, were you expecting them to hold onto everything in case it wasn't on purpose? Or perhaps they assumed it was all garbage? If you left used kleenex in the rubbish bin, they might say you left "nothing" as well.

If i leave something somewhere and recover it, that's a nice outcome. If I don't, it's my fault. Move on and learn to be more careful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.