Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pooling annual night certificate

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Pooling annual night certificate

If a few family members have the IHG card, is it okay for just one person to use say, 4 annual nights in a row?

Would each night be under the account holder's name and just add the one person?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Hello - I hope the following helps.

Every year me and my wife visit NYC for 4 days and stay at same IHG hotel. We always book 1 night on my free night, 1 night on my wife's free night, and 2 nights on points from my and/or my wife's acct. So, 3-4 back-to-back reservations. We make sure to reserve same room type.

I always send the hotel email a few weeks before arrival with all reservation numbers, asking them to make sure we do not have to change rooms. The answer is either all set, or I marked it but verify when you check in.

The hotel never asked to see my wife or talk to her.
There were cases that the room key stopped working in the middle and I had to go to front desk to ask for new keys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.