Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: IC Plat RA
Originally Posted by Motion122
Does RA gain access to the lounge at this property?
I have had two paid stays there as an RA in the past two years. Both times I have had a nice upgrade to a corner suite, but I have not been offered Club access on either stay. In fact, I wasn't aware that there was a Club lounge at this IC until I read the recent RA Club Access thread.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by jdkohnke
I have had two paid stays there as an RA in the past two years. Both times I have had a nice upgrade to a corner suite, but I have not been offered Club access on either stay. In fact, I wasn't aware that there was a Club lounge at this IC until I read the recent RA Club Access thread.
How was your stay overall? Was the room as dated as some others have reviewed here?
Old May 17, 2012, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Was the room as dated as some others have reviewed here?
The hotel is slighty dated but perfectly well maintained.
Staff is very friendly.
Just remember it is a business hotel. So not the right place if you are looking for New Orleans atmsophere or ultimate luxury.
Old May 17, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: IC Plat RA
How was your stay overall? Was the room as dated as some others have reviewed here?
I enjoyed both stays at the hotel. I was attending trade shows at the Convention Center by day and visiting the Bourbon Street scene at night. The hotel was situated almost perfectly between the two. It was a nice walk to both locations.

The furniture and décor was a little bit dated (tube tv’s, I think), but the rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. It is definitely a business hotel, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
Old May 17, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by nicolas75
The hotel is slighty dated but perfectly well maintained.
Staff is very friendly.
Just remember it is a business hotel. So not the right place if you are looking for New Orleans atmsophere or ultimate luxury.

Originally Posted by jdkohnke
I enjoyed both stays at the hotel. I was attending trade shows at the Convention Center by day and visiting the Bourbon Street scene at night. The hotel was situated almost perfectly between the two. It was a nice walk to both locations.

The furniture and décor was a little bit dated (tube tv’s, I think), but the rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. It is definitely a business hotel, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
Thank you very much for the reviews.

As RA's, were you given lounge access consistant with what is outlined in the "IC and RA club acess thread"?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
No stret parking, and public property will cost the same, if not more than hotel parking.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by MileageGeek
Stayed at IC New Orleans during the NCAA Final Four.

On the plus site, the staff was pleasant and helpful. The fantastic location is the only thing that makes this place even worth considering.

Like I said, this place is not up to IC's typical standards.
Thanks for the review. I was able to snag this property on points for the Superbowl. It will be nice to be able to walk to everything.

I was thinking of buying ambassador but for a rewards stay is probably is not worth it.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:30 am

I just stayed here during the superbowl and had no issues at all. It actually was the home of CBS sports mgmt for the week.

There was an LCD tv in the room and the room was not tired.

I asked for lounge access and only had PC platinum status. They gave it to me for $30 a day which was great for 3 guys. Breakfast was the same every day, eggs, bacon, pastries, salmon, etc. There were evening snacks and complementary drinks.

Everyone was very nice and the location is great.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
are there any nice breakfast places right next to the hotel????
Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
are there any nice breakfast places right next to the hotel????
It depends on how you define "right next to". There is no shortage of restaurants in New Orleans, and you're a stone's throw from the French Quarter and on Saint Charles Avenue.

Across the street is Luke, which is a fabulous place. 2 blocks from the hotel is Mother's Restaurant, which is pretty well-known. If you Google the address, then choose "Search Nearby", and type in "restaurants", your screen will be overwhelmed with dots indicating an almost limitless supply of eateries. You can hardly go wrong with any place to eat in New Orleans. They take their food quite seriously down there.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
It depends on how you define "right next to". There is no shortage of restaurants in New Orleans, and you're a stone's throw from the French Quarter and on Saint Charles Avenue.

Across the street is Luke, which is a fabulous place. 2 blocks from the hotel is Mother's Restaurant, which is pretty well-known. If you Google the address, then choose "Search Nearby", and type in "restaurants", your screen will be overwhelmed with dots indicating an almost limitless supply of eateries. You can hardly go wrong with any place to eat in New Orleans. They take their food quite seriously down there.
luke sounds good....my wife is not a morning person so there is no way she will be up in time for breakfast at the hotel....just looking for a place close to the hotel to grab a bite to eat before starting the day....
Old Jun 8, 2013, 7:57 am

Announcements
The hotel will be closed for repairs beginning July 8, 2013 through August 18, 2013. We will re-open for business on August 19, 2013.

https://www.ihg.com/priorityclub/hot...ha/hoteldetail
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Just had an email from the hotel about this as I had a reservation (now cancelled by them) in August.

The Astor Crown Plaza will also honor the rate you reserved with the InterContinental

So you cancel my club room reservation, and expect me to pay the same rate without any of the benefits
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:46 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

This thread covers older posts prior to the renovation in 2013 of the IC New Orleans Master thread

The current discussion with the most recent threads are in the above mentioned master thread. To avoid confusion, this thread will be closed.

FLYGVA
Moderator IHG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.