Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yikes! CC charged in full for Rewards Night stay @ SF IC!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:49 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Yikes! CC charged in full for Rewards Night stay @ SF IC!!!

Out of the MANY reward nights I have stayed with IHG I have never once had any issues with billing.

I booked a 2-night stay at the SF IC and checked out a few days ago only to find out that my CC was charged for $505 yesterday.

I called the IC SF directly and they told me that the booking routing wasn't completed (Meaning it should have charged IHG for the stay, as they deducted the points in full 4 months ago when I made the reservation) so their "system" automatically went to the "second stage of payment" with my CC on file, thereby charging the total amount due ($70ish for the first night and $435 for the second night).

The IC manager told me this was almost like a 1 in a million occurrence but immediately reversed the charge to the CC.

Anyone else ever have this happen...???

Last edited by 355F1; Apr 28, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Had the same thing happen for a reward booking in a HIX in NJ.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had this happen to me, not at IC SF, which I have stayed a few times. In my case, I had 2 single night free nights (I think one was CC and one was from a promotion). I made 2 1 day reservations and I think something happened when the hotel merged it.

The bright side is they reversed the charges (and associated points for CC earning) but never reversed the points for the stay. I figure that was my compensation for the mixup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.