Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion.

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2017/registration
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Daniel_lux
I have something very strange. The points appeared in my account but not in accelerate. Someone else having the same?
Not strange at all; completely normal for promotions.

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
...The T&Cs state: "Except as otherwise stated in the terms and conditions, please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for Promotion Offer bonus points to be credited after checkout." (This language is found under GENERAL PROMOTION TERMS, reached by clicking on "Full Campaign Terms and Conditions" link below the Accelerate offer.)
(Could put the answer in the Wiki, but how many people are going to read that? )
Old May 28, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: US, HH
Not sure if this might have been mentioned upthread already, but an unexpected (to me) data point: the Chase free night triggered the "Redeem" task.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by boonkoh
I've had the same issue last two Accelerate promos with my UK IHG Credit Card from Creation.

Each time I had to wait the whole 8 weeks in the T&Cs, before they would agree to manually credit.

So if you're banking on that to hit your bonus points, then it could be a long wait... bear that in mind...
I'm definitely not holding my breath, and am already mentally prepping myself to e-mail them for the manual credit.

My card is the US version.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
For "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Hotels - including Holiday Inn Resort and Holiday Inn Club Vacations - and earn 8,000 bonus points". Do regular Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express qualify towards the 8,000 points as well or do they need to be the Resort and Club Vacations type to qualify?
Old May 29, 2017, 12:13 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by hightide
For "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Hotels - including Holiday Inn Resort and Holiday Inn Club Vacations - and earn 8,000 bonus points". Do regular Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express qualify towards the 8,000 points as well or do they need to be the Resort and Club Vacations type to qualify?
Holiday Inn Express is considered a different brand and so will not count.

Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Resort and Holiday Inn Club Vacations will all count.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Holiday Inn Express is considered a different brand and so will not count.

Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Resort and Holiday Inn Club Vacations will all count.
Thanks for the info
Can the 2 Holiday Inn hotels be the same one as long as they are not consecutive nights?
Old May 29, 2017, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks for the info
Can the 2 Holiday Inn hotels be the same one as long as they are not consecutive nights?
I don't think so. If that was permitted the wording would be stay twice at Holiday Inn instead of stay at 2 Holiday Inns.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:30 pm

Thanks again Kiwi Flyer

I registered for the AMEA promo back in April but don't see the 1,000 IHG points yet. When do they appear?

Also has the AMEA promo been stacking with the Accelerate Q2 promo?
Old May 31, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Thanks for the info
No. They actually must be 2 different properties. Kiwi Flyer is correct about the different wording.

In the past I have received both types of challenges.

mxm135
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:11 am

I keep getting the worst offers. The last couple I've just gotten the Stay Once, Stay 3 More, Stay 3 More, etc., etc. I have to stay 18 nights to get the full bonus. This is terrible!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Lyssa
I keep getting the worst offers. The last couple I've just gotten the Stay Once, Stay 3 More, Stay 3 More, etc., etc. I have to stay 18 nights to get the full bonus. This is terrible!

I've worked out that I am going to stay 48 nights until 31st August.
I only get my reward after staying 50 nights (100,000 points)... Therefore won't get anything apart from registering for Accelerate and a couple of thousand points for staying before June.

I'm not really the kind of person to check into a hotel just for Accelerate, and the cost of the extra couple of nights would be pretty near the 100,000 points target, so completely pointless until you prefer staying in an hotel as opposed to your own house.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Lyssa, it's nothing personal - that's exactly what I got! The first 17 nights earn only 17,000 points, and then there is a 12K 'bonus' for nights 18-20. The only thing you can do is to ignore it completely and hope IHG get the message. That's what I'm doing.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IHG gives you offers based on your past stay patterns, trying to get you to stay more. If you oblige, in subsequent promos they want to push you to stay even more.

The only way to get better offers is to stay less (but for how long?).
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sdsearch
IHG gives you offers based on your past stay patterns, trying to get you to stay more. If you oblige, in subsequent promos they want to push you to stay even more.

The only way to get better offers is to stay less (but for how long?).
I understand the concept but I hit my Q1 target by staying just 3 nights. For Q2 they expect me to stay 20 nights for a points total that is only 2K higher. Not the kind of acceleration I was looking for.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stayed from 5/23-5/24. Points posted on 5/25. On 5/31 my Stay Once Get 2,500 and Early Stay Bonus posted but the bonus for staying and paying with the IHG CC bonus have not. I guess I'll wait until my statement closes to see if it posts. If not, guess I'll have to fight IHG. Hey, it's not Accelerate if you're not fighting with IHG, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.