Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion.

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2017/registration
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by vesnushka23
hey guys,
please accept my apologies if asked before.
I saw people asked here about booking before May, 15th and seems like it still qualifies.
I called CS and they said I have to book within the promotion period, so that confused me.
So, do I absolutely have to wait till May 15th?
Also, does Sunshine sale counts? I know they dont count many things like friends and family rates, etc,
but I wonder if the sunshine sale counts toward the stays.
thanks
each task comes with its own t and c's, my redeem points task specifically says I need to book and consume the stay within the May 15th to Aug 31st time frame, but my other tasks just say the stay has to be consumed within the accelerate promotion time frame. So if you don't get the points for it challenge it with ihg and they would have to award you points

​​​​​​​
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 70,000 total bonus points.

3,000 Book and stay Once Get 3,000. Book and stay once and earn 3,000 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More. Stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

3,400 Travel with the IHG® App. Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 3,400 bonus points.

6,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay. Stay with us for the weekend and earn 6,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

4,500 Stay for Less and Earn. Earn 4,500 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We’ll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash.

21,600 Globetrotter Bonus
Earn 21,600 bonus points for staying at 3 IHG hotel(s) outside of your country of residence. You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card. Book and pay for one stay at any IHG hotel using your IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points.

20,000 Your Achievement Bonus. Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 20,000 bonus points.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Saral
I know there is always a discussion about how they set the tasks required for each promotion and it was mentioned they take the info from the same timescale the previous year and if you didn't reach it you get an easier set of tasks, well I didn't do the summer promotion last year and I have been give the same number of nights I always have to do.
The last time I achieved anymore than 3 of the set tasks and got more than 10k out of the promotion was winter 2015.

Total stays in 2015 were 60 and the first promo of 2016 required more than 30 nights. The second and third ones were marginally better but still poor whilst the first one in 2017 was also rubbish.

Hacked off a bit I scaled back the stays and stopped with them when I reached 75k last year and moved everything elsewhere.

The latest promotion is nine nights so for me anyway it has taken four promotion cycles to get the requirement down.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:09 pm
Suspended

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa) [from the Wiki]

what if it says stay at 3 brands will staying a Holiday Inn and at a Holiday Inn Express be counted as 2 of the 3 brands needed? My guess is its 2 since in the T&Cs there was a comma between both types of hotels, but better safe by asking then sorry afterwards
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Better (umm, easier) than most...

If points and cash counted as a stay, I'd be stoked. I have a points and cash coming up... if I stay one more night it's worth 26.4, or 29.4 before June 30. Tempting. Thanks for the solid info, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear about points and cash.

2,500 Stay Once Get 2,500
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,500 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points. Terms

3,600 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash. We’ll reward you with bonus points when you use a combination of Points & Cash, allowing you to stretch your reward nights even farther. Terms

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points.

22,400 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 22,400 bonus points.

3,000 Early Stay Bonus
Stay once before June 30th and get 3,000 bonus points. Terms

Last edited by UsernameChuck; Apr 30, 2017 at 8:14 pm Reason: Accuracy
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
43000 points
Stay once, 2500
Stay 5 nights, 10000 points
Spend on IHG Credit card, 1500
Complete all three for 26,000
Stay before June 30th, 3,000
Mine is a close relative to yours:

43000 points
Stay once, 2500
Stay 6 nights, 12000 points
Weekend stay, 4000 points
Spend on IHG Credit card, 1500
Complete 3 of 4 for 20,000
Stay before June 30th, 3,000
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by craz
what if it says stay at 3 brands will staying a Holiday Inn and at a Holiday Inn Express be counted as 2 of the 3 brands needed? My guess is its 2 since in the T&Cs there was a comma between both types of hotels, but better safe by asking then sorry afterwards
Every previous version of the promotion would call that 2 of 3, so I'd say barring IHG getting weird, you're good here.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:14 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by vesnushka23
hey guys,
please accept my apologies if asked before.
I saw people asked here about booking before May, 15th and seems like it still qualifies.
I called CS and they said I have to book within the promotion period, so that confused me.
So, do I absolutely have to wait till May 15th?
Also, does Sunshine sale counts? I know they dont count many things like friends and family rates, etc, but I wonder if the sunshine sale counts toward the stays.

thanks
I have the same question mark.... I booked through the app after registration but before May 15 (obviously) for a stay in May 27th....
Let's see if it counts. I had to book anyway, was a super cheap rate and I couldn't afford to wait till May 15 to book. Fingers crossed.
The T&Cs do not mention booking period, it just says "completed within the period".....
Old May 1, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
I have the same question mark.... I booked through the app after registration but before May 15 (obviously) for a stay in May 27th....
Let's see if it counts. I had to book anyway, was a super cheap rate and I couldn't afford to wait till May 15 to book. Fingers crossed.
The T&Cs do not mention booking period, it just says "completed within the period".....
a lot of the tasks in the last accelerate said book and consume in the accelerate period, obv u need to check the T and c's but the standard booking rooms tasks now seem to just say consume within the period

as an aside for the points redemption task u used to be able to make a points booking for the future, receive the points then cancel the booking, (frowned up I know) but this task now states u have to have stayed within the booking period as well
Old May 1, 2017, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Doesn't it depend on the brand whether F&B can generate points on reward stays? Ie, perhaps that works at full-service properties like Crowne Plaza, but does it work for pantry purchases at Candlewood Suites???
I don't know about the Candlewood, but it certainly works at the HIX. One session on the beer at the HIX Grenoble (PB stay) just about knocked out last year's whole F&B task for me.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I believe that you have to register first and then book.
Are you basing this on something in the T&C's that I'm missing? Past Accelerates have allowed credit for stays previously booked.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Upsell on points and cash

So, I've got a fairly easy (though not super rewarding) list of tasks. A couple require a paid stay, another is a points and cash redemption. So I've got to do both a points and cash and a paid stay.

I've got an upcoming stay at ic Cancun, it seems they often sell upgrades to club. If I do that, does anyone know if that will likely be treated as a paid stay or a points and cash stay? I assume it won't count for both, but which will it be?
Old May 1, 2017, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by shawnjeck
Mine is pretty good. I will knock out everything except the 21 nights in one stay which starts on May16th (assuming they count Manila as Asia Pacific)

42,000 Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 21 night(s) and earn 42,000 bonus points.
I'm pretty sure that's 21 qualifying nights during the promo period, which can be spread across as many or as few different stays as you like.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by swag
I'm pretty sure that's 21 qualifying nights during the promo period, which can be spread across as many or as few different stays as you like.
I don't think so, I got something equally hard as a one stay offer. If it was only 21 nights in the quarter that would be easy peasy
Old May 1, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Are you basing this on something in the T&C's that I'm missing? Past Accelerates have allowed credit for stays previously booked.
just as an example my stay 5 night task says

"Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration")"

​​​​​​​I take that as having to register before booking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.