Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by boris10475
Sorry to hear about your situation. You should realize that booking unrefundable room with the hope of BRG approval always runs a risk of being stuck with prepaid room. There is no magic way of continually booking valid BRG rates and getting approved. There is always a chance for denial for bogus reasons.Most likely everyone here gets more denials than approvals even for legit claims.
also, the only requirement to booking the $106 member rate is to have an IHG account. The rule requiring you to book the lowest rate is pretty clear. No fraud involved
Old May 2, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I booked a non-ref room that I have every intention of using, BRG or not, in fact I booked 3 nights but my IHG free night cert was expiring soon so I had to book them separately. My issue has always been the burden of proof of availability in "real time" - how can you prove or show record of your competing claim at the time of submission. My solution - IHG Facebook chat. Screen shots, links, everything I would need to prove accuracy and availability - legally - date and time stamped for both parties on both sides.

Open to other suggestions on that hurdle.

I don't think complaining on FT helps anything in fact I think it helps IHG to advertise an enticement to non-savvy folks for a "guarantee" that doesn't exist yet warns away folks who are pretty good at T&C's from even bothering to take advantage of the guarantee they offer, due to the insulation and incompetency of the BRG unit. Win/win for them.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by redreeper

Open to other suggestions on that hurdle.

I don't think complaining on FT helps anything in fact I think it helps IHG to advertise an enticement to non-savvy folks for a "guarantee" that doesn't exist yet warns away folks who are pretty good at T&C's from even bothering to take advantage of the guarantee they offer, due to the insulation and incompetency of the BRG unit. Win/win for them.
Honestly, this "guarantee" has been a total joke for over two years now. Don't waste your time with screen shots or Facebook chat.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: Kingclub - Gold,Skywards Silver,Jet Privilege Blue Plus,IHG Platinum,Marriott Silver,QMiles Burgundy
So made a claim, received a mail after 18 hours saying that:

"We are still researching the room accommodation you found on www.xxxxxxxx.com. Once this has been verified and all Terms and Conditions have been met, you will receive confirmation from our office."

Dropped them an email after 24 hours after receiving this and got a response:

"Please allow us additional time to complete the verification and do additional research to ensure that we have all the information necessary to qualify the claim’s validity. As soon as we have a result we will send you another e-mail regarding this."

So its been 72 hours and the research is still on. Anyone had a similar experience and what could this be about?

Last edited by Wildboar; May 3, 2017 at 10:09 pm Reason: more clarity on email
Old May 4, 2017, 5:56 pm

InterContinental on August 19, 2017.

IHG: $257 after tax
Amoma: $203 after tax

Sadly, reading this forum I am too gun shy to book a non refundable rate. Guess I'll stay at a non IHG property.
Old May 5, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: Kingclub - Gold,Skywards Silver,Jet Privilege Blue Plus,IHG Platinum,Marriott Silver,QMiles Burgundy
Originally Posted by Wildboar
So made a claim, received a mail after 18 hours saying that:

"We are still researching the room accommodation you found on www.xxxxxxxx.com. Once this has been verified and all Terms and Conditions have been met, you will receive confirmation from our office."

Dropped them an email after 24 hours after receiving this and got a response:

"Please allow us additional time to complete the verification and do additional research to ensure that we have all the information necessary to qualify the claim’s validity. As soon as we have a result we will send you another e-mail regarding this."

So its been 72 hours and the research is still on. Anyone had a similar experience and what could this be about?
So got a rejected email because the standard room i have booked is not the lowest category room available even though the rate is found is valid. Does this mean we can no longer BRG on suites or higher category rooms if lower category are available?
Old May 5, 2017, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Wildboar
So got a rejected email because the standard room i have booked is not the lowest category room available even though the rate is found is valid. Does this mean we can no longer BRG on suites or higher category rooms if lower category are available?
it's not the lowest category that you're required to book, but the lowest price of that specific room category. For instance, you can't book the suite + breakfast, only the suite to claim the BRG.
Old May 14, 2017, 6:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Submitted a Lowest Price Promise claim on Friday and waited 35 hours for a response. The claim was denied because apparently the non-IHG website doesn't provide immediate confirmation. What a joke.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:03 pm

Does anyone know if IC the Willard will adjust the rate to $0 or will they reimburse me? Thanks
Old May 16, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by babypuwet
Does anyone know if IC the Willard will adjust the rate to $0 or will they reimburse me? Thanks
If ur claim has been deemed valid as verified by BRG dept, you'll be reimbursed on pre-paid room. Otherwise, hotel will adjust the rate to $0 prior your arrival date.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:48 pm

I think BPGs for amoma.com are dead. IHG is consistently denying my claims for it.. which is sad. Amoma was a good friend to me :'(
Old May 17, 2017, 2:12 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I think BPGs for amoma.com are dead. IHG is consistently denying my claims for it.. which is sad. Amoma was a good friend to me :'(
What is the reason for denial given by IHG? Is it currency-related (as Amoma T&Cs say that payment is made in EUR), in which case BRG/LPP claims for hotels charging in EUR would still be ok?
Old May 17, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
In other way, my claim just approved y'day with amoma.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by shahr04360
In other way, my claim just approved y'day with amoma.
Which currency? I have given up submitting claims with amoma rates as they always get denied with reference to the t&cs mentioning euros.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by a9504477
Which currency? I have given up submitting claims with amoma rates as they always get denied with reference to the t&cs mentioning euros.
I'm guessing then you were claiming for hotels not using euro as their "home" currency.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.