Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by musicbox85
yes i have encountered this multiple times and am unable to convince the brg ppl
i use amoma all the time for USD rates and never have this problem?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
i use amoma all the time for USD rates and never have this problem?
i guess its case of double standards then
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by musicbox85
i guess its case of double standards then
In my experience, the double standard definitely exists, but it's due to improper training. According to T and Cs, the claim is invalid because Amoma states they charge in euros. However, I've gotten approvals with Amoma on usd rates as well as aud rates. Additionally, I still get the occasional approval for a flexible rate, when nonrefundable rate is cheapest listed rate.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I had a claim with amoma and for some reason they claim they're unable to see the hotel on amoma. Very frustrating as I still see it!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:42 pm

If I find booking.com have cheaper rate throught hotelcombine and use it link to booking.com is show cheaper rate and can make booking.
But if I use booking.com standalone its not cheaper than ihg, can I use first method for BRG?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by connietse
If I find booking.com have cheaper rate throught hotelcombine and use it link to booking.com is show cheaper rate and can make booking.
But if I use booking.com standalone its not cheaper than ihg, can I use first method for BRG?
IHG BRG will investigate in their own from competitor domain. As long publicly rate should be fine. Doubt hotelcombined using promotional code. But no harm try ur luck to submit BRG on refundable rate.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
This is why I dislike IC SIN. They're just ..... not cool. I never stay there anymore. Their RA benefits are garbage, and they are just not a great hotel, period.

Is someone taking IHG to court at some point? It's ridiculous how many footnotes, both explicit and implied, their stupid so-called BRG has.
Actually, I am considering it.

It was my intention to book a non-refundable room with a bullet-proof BRG. I haven't filed a BRG with them in over a year so I was thinking things must have improved (not sure why I thought that but hope springs eternal.)

Denied: lower rate not visible on competing site.
Response: screen shot of lower rate available. Time frame - less than 24 hours.

Occupants - 2
Room - standard

Denied: Special membership rates cannot be used for comparison on a BRG
Response: You don't need a "special membership" to book a room on Priceline.

The usual delay....(2 days) and now the price matches so I'm sure today will be "Your price is the same or greater" again.

Anyway, I do have some experience with small claims (not a lot but all good - I do my research) so it's on my agenda, although it would be nice if they stopped clowning around and just honored what they advertise.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by redreeper
Actually, I am considering it.
Would it make any difference if it was officially killed off? It's been pretty much dead anyway since they introduced "Your Rate."
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by patgarrett
Would it make any difference if it was officially killed off? It's been pretty much dead anyway since they introduced "Your Rate."
Booking the "Your Rate" does not negate the guarantee, correct? Like I said it's been about a year - I'm keen to the completely matching room types requirements, check-in/out variables, occupancy, breakfast additional and other factors that would make the bookings differ but in my case it was a perfect match. Also my rate was non-refundable and the lowest price they offered on any room at any rate.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by redreeper
Booking the "Your Rate" does not negate the guarantee, correct?
Doesn't negate it, but "Your Rate" pretty much wiped out all the working competitor sites immediately, as intended.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:44 pm

Come on IHG.. going on 20 hours now.. respond already !
Old May 1, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
36 hours for my last claim to be verified and denied which is normal after a long delay
Old May 1, 2017, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Lotfi070
36 hours for my last claim to be verified and denied which is normal after a long delay
yup mine was denied a little after 24 hours. I used to get responses in just a few hours. Hope this isn't permanent ..
Old May 2, 2017, 4:37 am

I want to kick myself for failing to come here before believe that IHG had an honest program with the intention of enticing people to use their website for booking without fear of finding the same rooms elsewhere for a cheaper price. Given the number of pages for this issue, I can see now why my claim just hit a brick wall.

I wanted a night at the Dallas Market Center Crowne Plaza. The website showed $110 and a member rate of $106. I tried the member rate selection and it said I wasn't qualified for that offer, so I booked the $110 rate. I found an expedia rate for $94 and filed a request for the guarantee on the IHG website.

Without even considering that $94 is less than the $106, they denied my request because I didn't book the $106 rate. This is disingenuous at best and fraud is more likely. I am confident that if somehow I could have booked the $106 rate, they would have stated that it was a special rate and didn't qualify for the guarantee. It is almost worth $106 to prove that is true by booking another room.

So now I have a non refundable room at a significantly higher rate than I could have received using expedia or even my UR points. In my opinion, their terms and conditions are written in such a way that only the very diligent and people with the sense to check flyertalk first will ever get approved. If I do use the room, it will be my last stay at a IHG property. Or, let's say it will be the last time that I pay to stay at an IHG property because I am going to go back and read this entire thread and find out how to continually book free nights and educate others on how to do it as well.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by pentiumii
I want to kick myself for failing to come here before believe that IHG had an honest program with the intention of enticing people to use their website for booking without fear of finding the same rooms elsewhere for a cheaper price. Given the number of pages for this issue, I can see now why my claim just hit a brick wall.

I wanted a night at the Dallas Market Center Crowne Plaza. The website showed $110 and a member rate of $106. I tried the member rate selection and it said I wasn't qualified for that offer, so I booked the $110 rate. I found an expedia rate for $94 and filed a request for the guarantee on the IHG website.

Without even considering that $94 is less than the $106, they denied my request because I didn't book the $106 rate. This is disingenuous at best and fraud is more likely. I am confident that if somehow I could have booked the $106 rate, they would have stated that it was a special rate and didn't qualify for the guarantee. It is almost worth $106 to prove that is true by booking another room.

So now I have a non refundable room at a significantly higher rate than I could have received using expedia or even my UR points. In my opinion, their terms and conditions are written in such a way that only the very diligent and people with the sense to check flyertalk first will ever get approved. If I do use the room, it will be my last stay at a IHG property. Or, let's say it will be the last time that I pay to stay at an IHG property because I am going to go back and read this entire thread and find out how to continually book free nights and educate others on how to do it as well.
Sorry to hear about your situation. You should realize that booking unrefundable room with the hope of BRG approval always runs a risk of being stuck with prepaid room. There is no magic way of continually booking valid BRG rates and getting approved. There is always a chance for denial for bogus reasons.Most likely everyone here gets more denials than approvals even for legit claims.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.