IHG Spring Bonus: 3000 points, 2 nights (Americas only)

Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thealphalion
I got a slightly different email from IHG that says 3000 poitns for 2 nights AND additional 5000 points when those nights are paid with Chase IHG credit card
I did too, yesterday.

But I'm confused. I registered for the 3000 promo using the link above after I saw this thread, at which point it said nothing about the 5000 points for the credit card. When I clicked from yesterday's email to register for the 3000+5000, it told me I'm already registered. Well, which one am I registered for?

It doesn't help that when I go to My Offers, and click Spring Bonus, and click Show Activity Detail, it shows absolutely nothing about what my offer is. And clicking the T&C button gives a window with just the title "Terms and Conditions" and a "Close" button and nothing else.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Got a promo for 23,000 points for 10 nights. 18,000 for the nights, extra 5,000 if paid with the IHG CC.
Easy pickings for points, but it would be nicer if it were a full blown promo like Accelerate is.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I got a slightly different email from IHG that says 3000 poitns for 2 nights AND additional 5000 points when those nights are paid with Chase IHG credit card
I received the same offer, 8000 bonus total for 2 nights paid with card. It's a sweet offer. Too bad I cancelled my Chase IHG card a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
I got the same email offer as you did. I haven't clicked on any links or registered yet, remembering back to our days here when there were many different offers offered and one could sign up for the one with the most points posted.

Terms and Conditions (from the email)

Stay 15 nights from April 16May 15 and receive 30,000 Bonus Points

*Open to legal residents in North, South and Central America, who are eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of registration. Members from Quebec are not eligible for this promotion. Must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. 30,000 Bonus points will be awarded after member stays 15 qualifying nights during promotion period which is between 16 April 2017 and 15 May 2017 (both dates inclusive). Nights at the following hotels are eligible: InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN or Hualuxe hotel worldwide. A night is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one ro om per member per stay will be awarded the applicable night stay credits. No retroactive points will be awarded for stays prior to registration. Member will receive the 30,000 bonus points only once during this promotion. Allow 4-6 weeks from stay for bonus points to be posted to your account. Subject to standard IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com.
Until something definitive shows up under My Offers T&Cs, I'll have to assume that I was registered for the 30,000 offer in my email. The fact that I clicked in a day earlier when I saw the 3000 link should be irrelevant, if they already had me designated in the 30k bucket. I suppose I could call or email and see if that's accessible to their reps.

I'll likely be spending $150 more to get $150 worth of points, but it will help my nights total.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
Until something definitive shows up under My Offers T&Cs, I'll have to assume that I was registered for the 30,000 offer in my email. The fact that I clicked in a day earlier when I saw the 3000 link should be irrelevant, if they already had me designated in the 30k bucket. I suppose I could call or email and see if that's accessible to their reps.

I'll likely be spending $150 more to get $150 worth of points, but it will help my nights total.
This is now showing under My Account just below my points balance. I still have not registered:

My Account
Account Status

My Messages

This spring, there's a new way to earn more. Register and stay April 16 May 15 to earn 30,000 bonus points in 15 nights.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by CalItalian
This is now showing under My Account just below my points balance. I still have not registered:

My Account
Account Status

My Messages

This spring, there's a new way to earn more. Register and stay April 16 May 15 to earn 30,000 bonus points in 15 nights.
And mine simply says Spring Bonus with no indication of what my target is. Also T&Cs are a blank box. Nor have a received an email.

So there's a bonus of X points for Y stays except I have no idea what X or Y amounts to.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose this is the promotion between 15 Apr and 15 May while a bigger one is being figured out?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
I suppose this is the promotion between 15 Apr and 15 May while a bigger one is being figured out?
The way you phrase that implies they've figured this promotion out. I find the evidence of that weak, given that when you log in it gives you no details of which exact offer you're registered for and a blank "Terms and Conditions" window.

That's figured out???
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I received this same offer.

Question for the promo vets: will small incidential expenses billed to the room and paid by the IHG CC trigger either bonus? They shouldn't in theory, but in the past I've seen conflicting things in similar situations, so thought I'd ask.

Specifically, I'm currently on a 2-night pointbreaks stay, and then a one night HIX priceline prepaid stay on Monday night. I wonder if it's worth putting a $5 incidental charge on each of these room stays in the hopes of triggering this promo, or something else? TIA for any recent datapoints or informed suggestions.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The way you phrase that implies they've figured this promotion out. I find the evidence of that weak, given that when you log in it gives you no details of which exact offer you're registered for and a blank "Terms and Conditions" window.

That's figured out???
+1 --Jon
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:42 am

This promo is obviously so exciting! -- no posts for 24 days.

My email said 30k for 15 nights. Now I get a follow-up email reminding me to earn my 3000 point Spring Bonus for 2 nights. My personal Offer Status is still blank on the T&Cs and on what my offer may be.

I was ready and have booked the 15 paid nights, and now I've written for their guarantee of the original offer. Everything is still cancelable.

But I think they make too many hoops to jump through, and there are other hotels with promo offers at better rates than I would pay to squeak through the last of these 15.

I would recommend that anyone else with an original offer above 3000 get a written guarantee of that offer, or you may end up wrangling with Manila -- did you receive the same 3000 email as I did just yesterday?

On a more positive note, looks like May 15 can count in two offers, but the summer Accelerate, again, looks like an expensive stretch for me. I mostly filled my travel calendar with PBs, though I have a cheap foreign getaway in mind.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I got emailed the offer 3K+5K, clicked on it, confirmed name and account number, but then it comes back saying Promo Code invalid.

Frustrating.

Will try again later, perhaps this is a Sunday IT issue.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a second email the other day, telling me to book now to make sure I get the 3k+5k (for 2 nights paid with Chase IHG card). Now, I had already completed one of those nights, but at least it's a confirmation of what I'm registered for, so in this case (since the website is so useless), the email "prodding" is useful IMHO since it does document my offer and does say I'm registered for it. (I of course therefore am not deleting that email and instead I'm flagging it for future reference.)
Old May 10, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
My 30,000 points for 15 nights posted on May 9th. Quite happy how fast they posted the points from this promotion.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
How long after the 15th night posted to your account was that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.