Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2017 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by individual hotel, chains or regions.
The Thread for 2018 could be found here.

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Big Promotions

IHG Accelerate Promotion (January 01 - April 15)

Discussion in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1807732-ihg-accelerate-1q-2017-1st-jan-15th-apr.html

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...X-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".

Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan - until 31 March 2017

IHG is running a promotion for Visa Platinum/Signature/Infinite card holders staying in InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Indigo and Holiday Inn hotels in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan until 31 March 2017.

Book the Best Available Rate and receive a one category room upgrade and free breakfast (for up to 2 people).

For more information, visit http://www.ihg.com/hotels/cn/zh/glob...highendupgrade (available in Chinese only)

Russia

Citibank/Citi/Citigroup credit card holders receive a discount of 10% off the Best Available Rate at:
  • Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport (until 31 May 2017 - for details, see http://www.citiworldprivileges.com/ru/offer-detail/73415/Crowne-Plaza-St-Petersburg-Airport/)
  • Holiday Inn St. Petersburg-Moskovskye Vorota (until 10 July 2018 - for details, see http://www.citiworldprivileges.com/ru/offer-detail/82909/Holiday-Inn-StPetersburg---Moskovskye-Vorota/)
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Enjoy Double Miles (or Points) when staying with Greater China’s IHG hotels

An offer from IHG for Asia Miles members (but also any IHG point collector):

X2 Miles (or X2 points)

Just book and stay with 'Double Bonus Package' at participating IHG hotels in Greater China to earn double Asia Miles mileage fro every stay.
www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/deals/member-offers/asiamiles

Book between 10-Jul-17 to 30-Sep-17
Stay from 10-Jul-17 to 30-Sep-17

Note: The T&C's mention a choice of Double Points OR Double Miles...
4. Promotional Offers: During the promotion period, eligible Members will earn double IHG® Rewards Club points (“Points”) or double Asia Miles (“Miles”) for each qualifying stay (see below for details of the qualification requirements) at a participating hotel.
Also: A room upgrade is mentioned...
(e) Room upgrade will be provided at check in and is subject to room availability. It is only available to Members who book and stay at the hotel, and cannot be transferred. Under no circumstances are participating hotels obligated to upgrade the Members to suites or rooms with special features.
Additionally:
(a) Bookings must be made with the “Double Bonus Package” during the promotion period and for stays during the same period.

(b) Only one room per eligible Member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus Points or miles.
But be aware:
7. Prevailing Language: These terms and conditions are originally prepared in Chinese. If there is any discrepancy between the English version and Chinese version, the Chinese version shall prevail.

This is the AsiaMiles website for the offer...
m.e.asiamiles.com/webApp/chinahotel_en_ihg

Last edited by Expat_852; Jul 15, 2017 at 8:05 am Reason: Adding AsiaMiles offer link
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Expat_852
An offer from IHG for Asia Miles members (but also any IHG point collector):
X2 Miles (or X2 points)
www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/deals/member-offers/asiamiles
Book between 10-Jul-17 to 30-Sep-17
Stay from 10-Jul-17 to 30-Sep-17
Note: The T&C's mention a choice of Double Points OR Double Miles...
Also: A room upgrade is mentioned...
Additionally:
But be aware:
This is the AsiaMiles website for the offer...
m.e.asiamiles.com/webApp/chinahotel_en_ihg
Just got a similar email. This applies for the Americas only, excluding Quebec.
Triple Points, Triple Pancakes on the Weekend

Dear Christian,

Book a 3+ night, weekend stay at Holiday Inn Express August 1 - September 30 and earn up to 3x the points (and 3x the pancakes with our free, hearty breakfast). Stay 3+ nights during the week and you’ll get 2x the points.

That’s right—more points, more pancakes. And of course, free Wifi and a great night’s sleep.

Are you ready to Be The Readiest™? Here’s your chance.

Looks like this is a targeted promo. Good for me because I have completed every promo IHG has given me so far this year!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Triple Points, Triple Pancakes Promo

Offer is valid for IHG® Rewards Club members in the Americas region only. Members from Quebec are not eligible for this promotion. Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register their member number in advance to participate in the Holiday Inn Express Promotion (“Promotion”). The Promotion stay period is between 1 August 2017 and 30 September 2017 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”) with the registration period beginning on 18 July 2017 ("Registration"). Double points will be awarded on all Weekday Qualifying Nights within a continuous hotel stay of 3 or more nights. Weekday Qualifying Nights are defined as Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Triple points will be awarded on all Weekend Qualifying Nights within a continuous hotel stay of 3 or more nights. Weekend Qualifying Nights are defined as Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The average daily rate will be calculated for each Qualifying Stay. Double and Triple bonus points will be awarded based on the average daily rate. See example below for reference.

Would this mean: qualifying for HIX ONLY in the Americas, or worldwide ?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Travelomania
Offer is valid for IHG® Rewards Club members in the Americas region only. Members from Quebec are not eligible for this promotion. Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register their member number in advance to participate in the Holiday Inn Express Promotion (“Promotion”). The Promotion stay period is between 1 August 2017 and 30 September 2017 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”) with the registration period beginning on 18 July 2017 ("Registration"). Double points will be awarded on all Weekday Qualifying Nights within a continuous hotel stay of 3 or more nights. Weekday Qualifying Nights are defined as Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Triple points will be awarded on all Weekend Qualifying Nights within a continuous hotel stay of 3 or more nights. Weekend Qualifying Nights are defined as Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The average daily rate will be calculated for each Qualifying Stay. Double and Triple bonus points will be awarded based on the average daily rate. See example below for reference.

Would this mean: qualifying for HIX ONLY in the Americas, or worldwide ?
Worldwide. Read the rest of the terms and conditions and you will see it. I posted all of them in this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28586874-post4.html
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:07 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Where's Accelerate Q3? Should be coming soon right?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
via email:

<snip>
Pack your bags…there's 5,000 additional bonus points waiting for you when you stay by 30th September. And even better, if you book your stay using a Bonus Points Package, you’ll get a total of 6,000 points on top of the bonus points you’ll receive from booking a Bonus Points Package.

Register now and start earning.
</snip>

However, when I try to register I get an error: The code you entered is invalid for your membership. Please check the qualification requirements for your country, region or programme.
Checked the fine print and the only restriction I see is "intented for original recipient only".

Anyone also got this? Any luck registering?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Yes, but when I tried to register, the message said 'According to our records, you have already registered for this promotion', which I obviously hadn't. It also told me to check the 'my offer status' page to check for which promotions I had been registered. Only the current Accelerate appears on that list and nothing changes if I refresh the page or log out and back in again.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
My book direct promo disappear from my account. I thought this is until Dec 2017
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Any news on a new promo for when the current accelerate finishes?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:31 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by adobbing
Any news on a new promo for when the current accelerate finishes?
Waiting until I hear as well.... Might jump back to Hilton for some of their promos if nothing from IHG.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver
25% more BPP per night co-brand

In the My Offer Status on my IHG dashboard, there is a promotion titled "25% more BPP per night co-brand."

Get started!
You need 1 stays for the next award.
Cumulative Earnings
You have earned 0 of unlimited possible awards.
Qualifying Stays: N/A
Start Date:Aug 1, 2017
End Date:Sep 30, 2017

There is nothing listed under the activity detail or terms. Does anyone know what this is?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:23 am

The Q3 promo is now live - I tried the URL over the weekend, no joy, so it must have only just gone out!

See the dedicated thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-december.html
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:33 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mindovermatter4
In the My Offer Status on my IHG dashboard, there is a promotion titled "25% more BPP per night co-brand."

There is nothing listed under the activity detail or terms. Does anyone know what this is?
I have the same thing in my account, also with no details and no terms available. (I do have the co-brand card.)
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:53 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Just Listed!!! - 2017 Q3 Accelerate between September 1 and December 31.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2017
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Exactly the same garbage for me as last time - which I ignored completely in the hope they'd get the message. Apart from the opening bonus for September (3K) and the first stay (2K), all I have is a repeating series of 'Stay X more nights for X,000' - nothing stackable beyond the first night.

On the plus side it means that I can now cancel my IHG Premium card with a clear conscience - knowing full well that Accelerate is worthless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.