Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Creation (UK IHG credit card) won't let other half credit points to my account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador

My OH and I both have IHG Barclaycards (which are closing in April) and her points were credited to my IHG account for several years without a problem.

We now both have Creation cards, she applied last week, but they said today:

For your information, IHG members - husband/wife or partners cannot use the same reward number.

She doesn't use my IHG account, we just want her points to go to mine. Are Creation correct in what they say?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It looks like it would be correct from looking at the description. If you have 1 account with an authorised user , then spending on both cards would go to the principal card holder's IHG account

It doesn't state it expressly, but the term "Points awarded through the use of the authorised cardholder’s card will be credited to the principal Cardholder’s IHG Rewards Club account." implies it

If your wife has her own card account, then she is the principal card holder and all points are credited to her IHG account. The rest of the wording on http://www.creation.co.uk/ihgcctermsandconditions/ seems to also imply it

Perhaps just have 1 card account with an authorised user and the points will be merged
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
To be honest, I am very surprised that Barclaycard allowed this in the first place. It is a very unusual practice.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the helpful replies gentlemen.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:38 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Now I feel a bit gutted I didn't do that, 2 Certs every year into my Spire account, nice going keefyboy. I'm not surprised Creation have refused it, what with their tighter points rounding and the certificate only crediting on each anniversary, this premium card is being run on a budget!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Now I feel a bit gutted I didn't do that, 2 Certs every year into my Spire account, nice going keefyboy. I'm not surprised Creation have refused it, what with their tighter points rounding and the certificate only crediting on each anniversary, this premium card is being run on a budget!
I had a constant feeling of too good to be true!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.