Wiki Posts
Search

New (stupid) standard offer at IC club lounge around the world

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by no-backpacker
Nah, after staying at some Hiltons now I was prepared to continue with IC/IHG, although not an RA, and just pay for club-rooms. I don't drink alcohol either and when traveling by my own I prefer to eat in the lounge rather than going out..

C.
Conrad in Bali is not good but the one in BKK is much better. But when in Bali I stay at the IC.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Lovely then I look forward to it, will be my fourth stay at the Bali IC.
None of my four stays was at Bali, though one was the IC in Jakarta (soon to leave, or already left, IHG).

I'm afraid I'm one of very few miserable sods who dislike the IC Bali
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Sitting in the DUS club lounge right now - and enjoying a full fledged dinner buffet as it has always been. No "enhancements" and "new standards" like at IC Berlin.
This fuels the idea that IC Berlin is using IHG corporate as an excuse to limit club lounge offerings after the RA benefit changes. After all, Berlin did go and invent funny room categories, too.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Sitting in the DUS club lounge right now - and enjoying a full fledged dinner buffet as it has always been. No "enhancements" and "new standards" like at IC Berlin.
This fuels the idea that IC Berlin is using IHG corporate as an excuse to limit club lounge offerings after the RA benefit changes. After all, Berlin did go and invent funny room categories, too.
I had a similar experience 10 days ago.I just thin berlin has gone rogue.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by rapidex
I had a similar experience 10 days ago.I just thin berlin has gone rogue.
Hopefully IC Berlin becomes more relaxed after the IHG Owners Conference there is an event of the past.

(Best service I ever got there, best front staff of all Intercontinentals, when the conferenence happend. And the pool was great, because the regular non-hotel-guest-spa-visitors were not allowed to enter the spa.)
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:59 pm

It seems not all hotels have standardized.
Just in the last few days:
IC Hong Kong: Buffet for high tea and happy hour with very high quality and good selection.
IC Shenzhen: Buffet also for both with mediocre quality, limited selection and constantly running out
IC Nha Trang: Etagiere for high tea (but you can order from a menu as much as you want), buffet for happy hour, quality and selection was relatively good

I hope they go back to buffets everywhere.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by cazane
Hopefully IC Berlin becomes more relaxed after the IHG Owners Conference there is an event of the past.
Why should it? IC Berlin is operated by IHG corporate (so is DUS, there appears to be no consistent policy)
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Changes are coming to DUS as well and it will soon be a similar set-up as in Berlin. Unfortunately.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
The staff in the Club lounge in Berlin were very clear that hotels had until the end of April to meet the new rules. Berlin happened to be one of the first, possibly so it was running smoothly for this conferance
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:17 pm

IC Frankfurt yesterday and today still as always.
Better hot food would not harm, while I hope salad and the other cold stuff will not change. No changes at all would be fine, too.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by ninjalad
The staff in the Club lounge in Berlin were very clear that hotels had until the end of April to meet the new rules. Berlin happened to be one of the first, possibly so it was running smoothly for this conferance
I have since stayed at Kyiv and several times at FRA as well as Asian properties - there have absolutely been no changes like at Berlin.

That just fosters my impression that Berlin is scapgoating IHG for cost cutting measures - and telling guests bs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.