Wiki Posts
Search

What's with the reservation modification? SBS- London Stratford

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
What's with the reservation modification? SBS- London Stratford

The hotel- Staybridge London Stratford, which offers a choice of studio or one bedroom suites, each of which have one king bed and are listed for 2 adults.

Me- Spire elite on point stay

The oddity- I booked the room (studio king, which is the points rate room category) for two adults and the confirmation e-mail shows such. Shortly after booking, the reservation was changed to 'modified' with three adults in the room despite the reservation itself saying max 2 people in the room.

Any thoughts on what's going on with that?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I have no idea why this happens but it happened to me today too.

Booking at the CP in Belfast made for 2 adults, later that day it had been modded to 4 adults with a Ł100 extra person charge. I emailed the hotel to confirm the room would have two beds (going away with my father) and they confirmed it would and asked me to verify how many occupants the room would have. It now says 2 again as originally booked.

Very strange. I get this quite frequently but it is always ok when I arrive and I never have any extra person charges, even if they show on the booking after being modded.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I have no idea why it happens, but it's quite common I would say. I've seen that often on my bookings too.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by johhenrik
I have no idea why it happens, but it's quite common I would say. I've seen that often on my bookings too.
This has been happening for a few years now. Its quirk in the system when the property upgrades the room type or assigns a specific room number to the reservation it adds a person. The final bill is always correct as some have already pointed out with no extra person charge.

Last edited by HHonors OUTSIDER; Jan 20, 2017 at 8:09 pm
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
This has been happening for a few years now. Its quirk in the system when the property assigns a specific room number to the reservation it adds a person. The final bill is always correct as some have already pointed out with no extra person charge.
This happens when someone at the hotel property physically looks at your reservation in the system. It can occur at anytime prior to your stay but doesn't necessarily mean they have assigned you a particular room yet. Even if they don't change the room type, this is what you will see on our end of the reservation. I am quite happy it happens as it tells me the hotel is on top of my reservation (which many times gets upgraded days or weeks in advance...and this alerts me to that possibility).
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Very common (sadly), as it confuses the heck out of people and on the property end they see 2 guests, not 3. All my IC reservations have this after modification due to AMB. Others are correct, it has been around for years. As you know, IHG IT got bigger things to work on .
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Very common (sadly), as it confuses the heck out of people and on the property end they see 2 guests, not 3. All my IC reservations have this after modification due to AMB. Others are correct, it has been around for years. As you know, IHG IT got bigger things to work on .
I had a Crowne Plaza reservation the other day upgrade the room type and subtract one adult from 2 to 1. I can't remember if I have seen it subtract before because I usually don't pay attention anymore. Has anyone noticed subtracting?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:22 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Yes, frequently - in fact, more often than I see an increase.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Not sure if this is related but sometimes when I do a search for a new booking, it adds one child to the search criteria by itself. I start the search with two adults and zero children as the criteria. The search results show a search for two adults and one child. I only notice this because the prices of the rooms are double the normal price or no availability.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
I had a Crowne Plaza reservation the other day upgrade the room type and subtract one adult from 2 to 1. I can't remember if I have seen it subtract before because I usually don't pay attention anymore. Has anyone noticed subtracting?
Never. Always see it increase to 3 from 2 in my case. For years. Dozens of reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.