Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Hotel Offers 1,000 Points for Top Review / Integrity of the Reviews & Surveys

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There are other threads that talk about this, it seems. I want to start a new one with a more descriptive topic.

When I checked out of an HI in the US, the front desk clerk wanted to give me a little piece of paper which supposedly tells me that if I give them top reviews, I will get 1,000 points.

It is a little insulting for hotels to think they can bribe their guests to good reviews. I did not take the paper (and come to think of it, I should have kept it as evidence ). Apparently bribing works for the hotel as the rating is pretty good

It just seems IHG should crack down on this practice. It is bad enough that the US presidential election was influenced by Russia and now even the IGH ratings can't be trusted?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Send a note to the Corporate Office ... A well worded letter to the President often gets their attention. I have had great luck do that.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:31 am
Suspended

Maybe a silly question but wouldn't you rather just get the 1,000 points?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:17 am

scratch my back

experienced this in hanoi as well.

hotel offered free transfers for a review in trip advisor.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Terminator8
Maybe a silly question but wouldn't you rather just get the 1,000 points?
I do jump over hoops to earn points but I also have principles that I won't violate for 1,000 points
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:10 am

Hotels can "bribe" me the old fashioned way -- with good service & a good product! If you're doing it right, you don't need to worry about negative reviews.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I have stopped reading IHG reviews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.