Search

Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:35 pm

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Zuid / South

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Zuid / South

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes - very happy!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked most basic room. Got upgrade to Junior Suite, facing the river/canal.

How are the rooms?
Very stylish. Separate bedroom / living area.
Looks like renovated/refurbished in the last 5-10 years. very well kept.
Illy pod coffee machine.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A. Did not get lounge access, despite asking.

What was good and what was bad?

GOOD:
+ Great room upgrade.
+ Free big chocolate bar as welcome gift. Also got a bottle of water in the room.
+ Choice of drink or 600 points during check-in
+ Great fast wifi, reliable
+ Very quiet rooms, good aircon, very comfy beds. Had one of my best nights sleep
+ Great rainfall type shower, good water pressure and hot temperature
+ Convenient 5-10 minute train ride to the airport. However, it is a good 5+ minute walk from the station.
+ Quite a number of restaurants nearby, pricey and inexpensive, and lunch/takeout places, due to it being an office area. Check out Market 33 if you want something casual.

BAD:
- Good if you're on business around the Amsterdam South area. Very bad choice if you're sightseeing, unless its really cheap.
- Breakfast is a very pricey 24 euros
- Quite a soulless area in the evenings, not much nightlife, if that's your thing

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
I think I paid around 140 euros a night, and at that price I definitely got a great room for the price for Amsterdam. Without the upgrade, for a basic room, you could probably find a room at the same or lower price in central Amsterdam. e.g. try the Kimpton. But if you need to be in this area and have platinum or above status, you probably can't do better than the Crowne Plaza.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium
Holiday Inn Express Noblesville, IN

Holiday Inn Express Noblesville

Platinum Elite.

Yes

Booked: King Leisure

Received: King Leisure

A long duration stay so an upgrade wasn't expected.

How are the rooms?

Typical fresh and modern look that all new HIX have. Overall room size was adequate. Bathroom had a walk-in shower.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

Good:
- A/C unit does the job and is loud enough to muffle outside noise.
- Bed/pillows were great (likely because they were new).
- Large walk-in shower.
- Fitness room was adequate and had brand new equipment.
- The hotel is located in an up and coming part of Noblesville but already had plenty of restaurant options within a mile.
- Front desk had no issue giving me late check-out.

Bad:
- By choice I only had housekeeping 2 of the days I was staying, however their efforts were a bit unsatisfactory; i.e. not refilling Kleenex and not emptying the trash.
- A good 25-30 min drive to downtown Indy so not very ideal.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Yes. Cash rate is reasonable and can be one of the cheaper options in the Indy area. This is a great hotel if your seeing a concert at the Klisch Music Center. If you want to be close to Indy there are probably better options.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
CP Shanghai Anting

CP Shanghai Anting

Gold

Very. The hotel is close to where I need to be and

Booked the single-bed superior, but the hotel was full when I arrived and was upgraded to an apartment.

How are the rooms?
As I've previously stayed in the superior (5F), it's already more than satisfactory. Large room, comfortable bed, and large bathroom. Personalized notes every stay from the staff, welcome fruit as Gold benefit, and relatively fast internet.

The apartments are certainly nicer, with large open living room, full kitchen, and comfortable layout. There is no electrical plug in the kitchen, though, so you need to make tea in the bedroom, which is odd. It is a walk to either the rooms or apartments (separate towers) but not unreasonable.

How is the exec. lounge?
Did not have access or chance to use anyway.

I've stayed here more than a couple weeks total this year and the staff are always friendly and accommodating. Overall the experience is one of the better ones from a CP in China, as is the hotel size/quality. The neighbourhood is quiet and very well kept.

The downside is that unless you're coming to Anting, the hotel is a long way from anything. Expect an hour on the metro to get there plus a bus/taxi to the hotel (It should cost ~20-30RMB from Anting Station to the hotel or vice versa). There's a free shuttle that runs every hour from Anting Station, even though Shanghai Auto City is closer. Very limited food options outside of the hotel.

Extremely popular with business travellers going to the Auto City, so note that breakfast is quite popular at certain times.

There are standard rates that make this a great deal if you're coming to Anting. In terms of points, this hotel is extremely good value. 20,000 points/night is excellent for this hotel.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
CP Shenzhen Landmark

Gold

Yes. Good guest experience, service was high quality, and

Standard double bed, upgraded to Studio Room

How are the rooms?
Spacious, well-appointed, and comfortable. Bed wasn't the most comfortable ever (felt like a bar down the middle) but in general quite good. Good wifi, free water/tea/coffee and efficient service

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A, did not use.

I have nothing to complain about during my stay, apart from that there were no rooms available when I arrived. However they upgraded me and I only waited 20 minutes in the bar until someone came with a key. As mentioned the bed wasn't as good as other CPs in China but overall the upgraded room was very suitable. No view to speak of.

The hotel itself is central enough, with a metro stop only a few hundred metres away (easy to find). It's also quite close to Huaqianbei electronics market.

I would likely return, depending on where I need to be in Shenzhen next time. Certainly a good option for Shenzhen, though.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
ANA Crowne Plaza Kumamoto New Sky

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes. It was very good stay.

Booked Reward Night for 2 nights.
This hotel required only 10000pts/night and possible to choose any rooms except Suite and KUMAMON design room. I tried to book King Bed Nonsmoking Room for 2night, but unfortunately at that time availability of King Bed Nonsmoking Room was 2nd night only. Therefore, 1st night was 2 Single Bed Nonsmoking Superior Room, 2nd night was King Bed Nonsmoking Superior Room.

Video of Two Single Beds Superior Room:

Video of King Superior Room:

How are the rooms?
27 sqm, little bit dated. But well appointed. Hotel plans renovation for their Suite and Superior Room categories in 2018. (Standard Rooms are already done.) Then they will be smoke-free hotel.

How is the Club Lounge?
N/A They don't have Club Lounge.

How was the mini-bar?
So-so.

What was your welcome gift?
Sweets

Did you receive fruit in the room?
No

GOOD
++++++ Super cheap wine (bottle) pricing. Almost equal to street price
+++ Excellent Bar and Japanese restaurant
+ Shuttle Bus service between hotel and JR Kumamoto station

Bad
- Location is not central of Kumamoto city. But public transportation is excellent

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Yes. 10000pts Reward Night is excellent value!
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium
Holiday Inn Indianpolis Airport

Spire Elite

Yes.

Booked: Standard King

Received: Standard King

This place has nothing but standard king and queen rooms. I was given a top floor, corner room. I guess you can consider this an "upgrade".

How are the rooms?

The room was excellent. Bed and pillows were top notch. A/C worked perfectly. Bathroom was nice with large walk-in shower (I think non-corner rooms have a tub/shower instead). Always a plus when the T.V. had Direct Tv as well. The wrap around windows was a nice touch too.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

Good:
- Brand new hotel with modern-look.
- The Burger Theory on-site restaurant has very good reviews. Personally, did not eat dinner there but had an okay breakfast there.
- Very close proximity to the airport and shuttle service.

Bad:
- Really the only negative to this place is the lack of any development around it. If you want food it's either Burger Theory or Subway. Otherwise, you better have a car.

Had a great rate the night I stayed but I know prices in Indy can vary quite a bit. If you need to spend a quick night near the airport this place is worth it.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Asia

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28751297-post65.html August 2017
Wrong link 😉
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:03 pm

ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka

ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked Standard Double Room, received Club Double Room.

How are the rooms?
36sqm, But I felt over 40sqm. Spacious enough room. 42inches Panasonic LCD TV, Bose Bluetooth Sound System, Trousers Pressing Machine, Portable TV for Bathroom, TOTO Washlet High-end model, Simmons mattress king bed.

Video of Club Double Room:

How is the Club Lounge?
Yes, granted. Located on mezzanine floor. Good food and beverage selections. Not huge, but not cramp. Food offering is a little bit improved.

How was the mini-bar?
Not plenty, selection is OK.

Sweets (financier)

None

Good
++++++++++ IHG Cutting-edge in-house Internet Access System "IHG CONNECT"
+++++ Guest recognition
+++++ Club access as Spire member benefit.
+++ Club Lounge food and beverage offering
+++ Location
+++ Room is new and clean

Bad
None

Yes
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:37 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raynyan
Wrong link 😉
Thank you, should be fixed now.

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum
Raynyan likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:39 am

Smile ANA Crowne Plaza Hiroshima

ANA Crowne Plaza Hiroshima

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked cheapest Single Room, received King Bed Club Room (renovated room on 19th floor.)

How are the rooms?
25.6sqm contemporary design room. Plenty of power outlet around the bed side. Bose Bluetooth Sound System, 40 inches Hitachi LCD TV. Bathroom is classic style but clean and proper size.

Video of King Club Room in 19th floor:

How is the Club Lounge?
Yes, Granted. (They grant Club access as a upgrade benefit for regular guest only.) Small but cozy place. Food and Beverage offering is excellent, much better than IC Tokyo Bay.

How was the mini-bar?
It was JOKE. No hard liquors, No wines. Just crappy beer and small selections of soft drinks.

Free two items from mini-bar.

None

Good
++++++++++ Improved guest recognition
+++++ Renovated Room on 19th floor
+++ Club Lounge F&B offering

Bad
--- Mini-bar selections

Yes
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
CP Amsterdam Schiphol

CP Amsterdam Schiphol

What is your Priority Club status? Spire Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked the cheapest room and were upgraded to the Club floor.

How are the rooms? Pretty standard. Bed, desk, armchair, wardrobe. Only kettle, no coffee machine provided. No bathrobes or slippers.

How is the exec. lounge? Continental breakfast between 7 and 10am. Wine, beer and ad hoc spirits with nibbles between 5 and 8.30pm. On the first night there was a bottle of Bacardi and on the second night this was joined by a bottle of gin. Nespresso machine, assorted teas and soft drinks plus fruit bowl available all day.

What was good and what was bad? Airport shuttle is frequent and free of charge. Tasty evening nibbles in the lounge - tubs of wasabi peas and chocolate coated peanuts served with 3 cold and one hot canapé each evening. The pool is permanently closed which is disappointing but the gym is well equipped. Minibar stocked on request.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Rates are much lower than in central Amsterdam and hotel is a short walk from the station to town. We paid Ł116 a night.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:50 am

Smile ANA Crowne Plaza Kyoto

ANA Crowne Plaza Kyoto

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked Premier Castle View Studio Suite, Received same. Please note all Suites of this hotel are exception of upgrade.

How are the rooms?
56sqm this room is the second highest category room in this hotel.
Castle Suite>Premier Castle View Studio Suite>Executive Suite>Junior Suite
Stylish and contemporary design. Just in front of the Nijo-jo Castle gate.
Nesprsso and Special T (Tea maker), toiletries are Sothys.

Video of Premier Castle View Studio Suite:

How is the Club Lounge?
This July, this hotel has opened small "Salon" on the penthouse floor.
Very small and cozy place. Operation time is 15:00-20:00. No breakfast service. Snacks and beverages service only. You can enjoy beer and wine during operating time. Only penthouse floor guests are granted to access this Salon.

How was the mini-bar?
Not plenty, no wine, but good hard liquor selections. I must mention all of mini-bar items are FOC! (Suite guests only)

Drink Voucher

None

Good
++++++++++ Room
+++ FOC mini-bar
+++ Salon

Bad
----- Japanese Breakfast (in restaurant) removed Tofu hot pot from set menu. (Changed to require additional charge JPY500)

Yes
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
CP London Ealing

CP London Ealing

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard reward night room and was upgraded to a club room.

How are the rooms? Pleasant enough, large window the width of the room. Two bathrobes and slippers. No coffee machine, just a kettle with instant coffee, teabags and hot choc but with real milk. Bottles of still and sparkling water with biscuits. Bathroom has separate shower cubicle and amenities by Pecksniff's mood therapy, which is a new one for me. I only used the shower gel and body lotion and they smelled divine.

How is the exec. lounge? Comfortable with plenty of seating. Wine/beers served with three cold canapés between 6 and 7.30. Continental breakfast served from 7am. Douwe Egberts coffee machine available all day.

What was good and what was bad? Staff were friendly. I would have been disappointed with the in room coffee if I hadn't been able to get a decent latte in the lounge.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Room was just 30,000 points.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Hotel Indigo Barcelona

Hotel Indigo Barcelona

Platinum

Yes. Not sure if Indigo provides breakfast for platinum level though. They did give a 4 Euro discount for booking breakfast at check in instead of waiting until morning.

Booked queen bed, was given a King Room

How are the rooms?

Good size for Europe. My room faced the street, but noise level was okay. Also it was an accessible room with an open shower in the bath (curtain only) so water was sort of uncontrolled.

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

Great location, close to Passig de Gracia metro and train station, and Placa Catalunya. Fun touches in the room included a small box of fruit candies, Gaudi design on wall instead of artwork. I was also given automatic late check out for 2pm, which was very helpful since I was there only one night Staff super friendly and helpful.

I would say average value for 45K points, but was happy to get a room since no award nights were available for a few months. Then about a month before travel I was able to book an award night. Definitely would stay there again.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:01 am

ANA Crowne Plaza Narita

ANA Crowne Plaza Narita

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes, as always.

Booked cheapest, received Royal Suite

How are the rooms?
126sqm. Very spacious living room (but just spacious, very boring design) with small kitchenette. Indeed dated, need to change the wallpaper. Two King Beds, Airport view. Bathroom can be install washing machine. This room was used for ANA Executive's house long time. Now basically not selling to the public.

Video of Royal Suite

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel doesn't have Club Lounge.

How was the mini-bar?
No soft drinks! Mineral Water, Perrier, Beer, Cocktail, wine, and some of snacks.

Fitness, Pool, and Sauna free access voucher

None

Good
+++++ Guest Recognitions
+++++ Reasonable priced Bar
+++++ In house convenience store

Bad
No soft drinks in mini-bar

Yes, if my flight is from Narita.
FLYGVA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.