Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:22 am

something sneaky with buffalo

how is it that sept 1-4 was available just before pointbreaks went live and then a minute later was not available as well as all weekends in sept oct.

doesnt make sense..seems the hotel may have done something so that no one could book on weekends
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
It's live!

Got 2 nights in Annapolis. Note that most Saturdays for Sept/Oct were already gone even before this started.
I also picked up 2 nights CP Annapolis 3rd week in Aug. Also have HIX Williamsburg for 2 nights, and 2 nights in HIX Seaford, DE. Making a Delmarva loop from PA.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
I think there's a min stay or different rooms available issue, i was looking at end of October and while a five day stay starting on 27th October is still available, a two day stay starting on the saturday (28th) October isn't...

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by charlesonmission
It's live!

Got 2 nights in Annapolis. Note that most Saturdays for Sept/Oct were already gone even before this started.
It is not that they are gone, it is that there is a minimum stay over the weekend. So you cannot book just Saturday night - but Fri-Sat, or Sat-Sun should work fine.

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Has the main page gone live yet?

Still shows 31st July for me
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: IC Spire HH Gold Delta?
Just getting sorry system error. Spire phone claims at least one booked that showed error. They claim they cannot push any bookings through now. Nice
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Just noticed a double bookinf for the MRs

No res numbers, no email, though the points have been deducted.

Where's live Chat??
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by NONFLYER
Just getting sorry system error. Spire phone claims at least one booked that showed error. They claim they cannot push any bookings through now. Nice
I was able to make one successful booking, then every other attempt resulted in a system error. Retried several times, and no dice. Strangely, while the booking page did error out, IHG still deducted 5k points from my account for each attempted night. I can't yet see if the reservations actually went through, as the site and app are currently jacked up and won't show future bookings. My bet is those reservations are not good, as I never got any confirmation email for any of those, whereas I did for my single successful booking before IHG's tech went haywire. Looks like IHG brought over their tech people from the accelerate promotions to take over their main website now.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:36 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by blindman
Has the main page gone live yet?

Still shows 31st July for me
Ya, old page still.

You can work from preview, I've looked at a couple, and as others said, you get the 5K rate.

Just be ware of the phantom double bookings. Had two the last time. Have not pulled trigger on anything so far.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Just to note, the reservations probably did go through, even if you didn't get an email. I accidentally double booked one location for a set of dates. I didn't get a confirmation email for either. But, when I canceled one of them, I did get the cancellation email.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by torontotravel
how is it that sept 1-4 was available just before pointbreaks went live and then a minute later was not available as well as all weekends in sept oct.

doesnt make sense..seems the hotel may have done something so that no one could book on weekends
I got 2 weekends in Buffalo one in August one in sept
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redreeper
system error: won't let me book.

yay.
Same here. One of my existing bookings is on the list. I was just trying to book and the system crashed.

In fact all my upcoming reservations no longer display!

Called in IHG support the rep said yes their system had issues and they had sent emails to tech support to resolve the issues.

She was not able to see the property available on her end while I could see it online but the system wont let me book it.

Only 10K saving not a big loss but a huge disappointment nonetheless especially not able to see any upcoming reservation when I am finalizing them for the trip. Big
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Tried Buffalo myself for several dates over the last week of August (want to catch a Bison's ballgame) and nothing.

But glitches on the site continue. I cannot pull up any previously made bookings on the main website, and using the app gets a message "no such reservation" when I click on the displayed bookings. Called the Ambassador line and the agent got the same message when I asked him to check the same bookings (wanted to ensure my Point Break booking was there before I then cancelled my revenue booking for those night at a different property in Madrid).

So major issues at IHG when they loaded these PBs...it was working normally before noon.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Happy
Same here. One of my existing bookings is on the list. I was just trying to book and the system crashed.

In fact all my upcoming reservations no longer display!

Called in IHG support the rep said yes their system had issues and they had sent emails to tech support to resolve the issues.

She was not able to see the property available on her end while I could see it online but the system wont let me book it.

Only 10K saving not a big loss but a huge disappointment nonetheless especially not able to see any upcoming reservation when I am finalizing them for the trip. Big
Try using the app rather than the full web site. It may show (as mine did) that you could not complete the final stage of booking, but it seemed to book my PB and sent out a confirmation email.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I booked at 18:01CET (I guess 5pm UK, 1200noon EST)

o 1st stay 02Aug - 16Aug, sucess #ResNo screen + email conf
o 2nd stay 16-21Aug (same hotel) booking errored but deducted points, repeat errored and deducted points, both times no #ResNo or email

plus
o Can't access by "upcoming reservations" screen to check state of play these last 45minutes since PB going live

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.