Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Ggrr... I have completed 5 of 6 tasks, or I thought so. All of my early Jan stays were booked in Dec 2016; therefore, I did not quality for the "book once" which is valid starting 1 Jan 2017.
Me too. Just read here and realize the trap
Need to rebook some others too.
And the App booking I have done is not showing...
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by FFlash
And the App booking I have done is not showing...
I am a bit concerned about that. My app booking was done in December and doesn't show up...
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by fppmongo
I am a bit concerned about that. My app booking was done in December and doesn't show up...
​​​​​​​my app booking task says I have to book and consume the stay between 1 Jan and 15 april
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:20 pm

I've made 2 stays last week. My points have posted but not the completion of the offers. How long does it take?

I should have completed 3 tasks
1) Book and stay in January.
2) Book a bonus package
3) Book and stay once

Should I call them?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Patience - 2 to 4 weeks (depending on task) is absolutely normal. There are update batch runs so after those check your tasks and take stock if all tracked as expected. Only if you find things off at that stage would I consider talking to IHG as all you'll incur will be agony dealing with the service center.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Task - Spend on your IHG Credit Card

"Book and pay for one stay with your IHG Rewards Club Credit card"

Has anyone gotten credit for this task by using any Mastercard or a family member's IHG credit card?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eethan
"Book and pay for one stay with your IHG Rewards Club Credit card"

Has anyone gotten credit for this task by using any Mastercard or a family member's IHG credit card?
We're (collectively) guessing that they figure out whether you used the IHG Rewards Club credit card because it posts 5x the total room tab (rate + incidentals + tax) in points to your IHG account, labeled as coming from the hotel. No other Mastercard nor a family member's IHG credit card would do that, so if indeed that's how they figure it out (and that would seem to be the easiest way for them to figure it out, no?) then I don't see how either of the payment methods you're asking about would work for this task. No 5x posting to your account from Chase makes it clear you never used the IHG credit card for any of your IHG stays.

And so I don't even know if anyone has tried to do something like you're asking about with this task. Keep in mind that in the past this task has posted months after you complete it, so no one gets a "second chance" after waiting to see the results, because the promo is likely over by then. And most people who bother with this task need it to get their "completion" task, and thus it seems a big risk to try to "trick" it in a way that may not work.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:41 pm

Any chance to book the Travel Consultant Discount Rate within the IHG App? Or can I also use the mobile Website and it will count as a valid App booking for the Accelerate Promo?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
My targets are:

• 2,000 - book and stay once
  • 7,500 - stay 5 nights
  • 3,600 - book 1 bonus points package
  • 1,500 - book 1 stay with IHG Rewards Club credit card
  • 25,400 - complete 3 of the 4 targets (above)
  • 1,000 - book and stay once in January
I booked and completed one stay this month in at HIX Croydon, using my IHG cc, over a week ago. 6,600 bonus points were posted a week after completing the stay.

I have not received the bonus points for using the credit card and as a result the bonus points for completing 3 of the 4 targets.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Keep in mind that in the past this task has posted months after you complete it

What's average timescale for posting points relating to credit card spend?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by citygourmande
For the last Accelerate promotion, my qualifying stay was on September 30, and I received the bonus points for the credit card spend on December 27.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Originally Posted by sdsearch
We're (collectively) guessing that they figure out whether you used the IHG Rewards Club credit card because it posts 5x the total room tab (rate + incidentals + tax) in points to your IHG account, labeled as coming from the hotel. No other Mastercard nor a family member's IHG credit card would do that, so if indeed that's how they figure it out (and that would seem to be the easiest way for them to figure it out, no?) then I don't see how either of the payment methods you're asking about would work for this task. No 5x posting to your account from Chase makes it clear you never used the IHG credit card for any of your IHG stays.

And so I don't even know if anyone has tried to do something like you're asking about with this task. Keep in mind that in the past this task has posted months after you complete it, so no one gets a "second chance" after waiting to see the results, because the promo is likely over by then. And most people who bother with this task need it to get their "completion" task, and thus it seems a big risk to try to "trick" it in a way that may not work.
Insightful response! IHG should hire you as a consultant if they haven't already.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:32 pm

Does anyone know what they mean by "market"?

For example, when I search NYC, hotels in north NJ come up - they're not in NYC, but is this the same market?

Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steaminer
Does anyone know what they mean by "market"?

For example, when I search NYC, hotels in north NJ come up - they're not in NYC, but is this the same market?

Thanks
Have you read the T&Cs of your task? They often explain things better (if not always fully) than the "summary" of your task that all too many people stop at (and then ask questions about without reading the T&Cs).

Siince I don't have any task that mentions "market", I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. But in general terms:

I don't know about hotel companies' use of the word "market". I"m familiar with media advertising's use, and in that area "market" means roughly what people outside that industry would call "metroplitan areas". So yes, in that case, nearby NJ and nearby Long Island and nearby Connecticut might indeed get counted as part of "greater" NYC, as Long Beach and Anaheim might get counted as part of 'greater" Los Angeles, and Fairfax and Bethesda and Wheaton might get count as part of "greater" Washington DC, etc.

For media advertising, think of how far WABC-TV and WCBS-TV, etc, reach with strong viewership and there you have it, the New York "market". Once people are tuning in mostly to local TV stations from another city, you're no longer in the New York "market".
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by citygourmande
Originally Posted by jbeckett
For the last Accelerate promotion, my qualifying stay was on September 30, and I received the bonus points for the credit card spend on December 27.
I can beat that. My qualify stay (last cycle) was on September 6, and I also didn't get the credit card spend bonus until very late December.

Basically, last cycle they waited until more than a week after the end of the promo, and ran one "sweep" to find all the people who had been given this task, checked if they had qualified for it, and if so marked it complete. The normal "Accelerate" mechanism took care of the rest, once the credit card task was marked complete.

A "sweep" is an infrequent check for various combinations of data (in this case, to evaluate issuing of a promo). It's infrequent often because it's tedious and time-consuming to set up (sort of like sweeping an actual floor might be for some people ). In this case, IHG's systems appear to have the data they need in totally different databases, and these databases don't seem to be linked, and the "sweep" process is the only thing that appears to look at these databases together. Or maybe they have to request data from Chase, and Chase doesn't want to fulfill that request that often?

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 24, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
My stars...the credit card spend task is shown completed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.