Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:39 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by Stealthmode
Your January stays will very likely qualify, they usually do; all except for challenges of which the t&c explicitly mentions that they have to be booked during the promo period, but that's very rare.
Great, thanks for the info.^
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by rhivolution
Will stays I've already booked qualify for this? Can't seem to find it in the T&Cs. I have 2 stays booked for January already, so just wondering if they'll count.

I got exactly the same challenges as last time, for for 3k less bonus points. Very easy ones to hit, but only for 30k total so hardly lucrative.
Same here. I already have a weekend booked in March and I am using points. I hope it counts.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by MrTemporal
Same here. I already have a weekend booked in March and I am using points. I hope it counts.
From the T&C:
Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion.

Cash & points counts, I believe, but not full reward stays.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
From the T&C:
Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion.

MrT most likely has this task

Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by blindman
MrT most likely has this task

Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus
AH, ok. My bad.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
3,000 Book and stay Once Get 3,000

12,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 6 night(s) and earn 12,000 bonus

10,800 Comfort Seeker
Stay at 3 Holiday Inn® hotel(s) - including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations® - and earn 10,800 bonus points.

6,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 6,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

1,000 Points Purchase
Earn 1,000 bonus points by purchasing IHG® Rewards Club points.

10,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 10,000 bonus points.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Can I ask someone:

Stay at 3 Holiday Inn® hotel(s) - including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations® -
Does this mean I have to stay at three brands, or just three different hotels under the Holiday Inn flag? (IE I could stay at 3 different HIX's).
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
I'm pretty happy with my offers. 41k total possible for 5 nights, including 2 stays at a HIX and using the Chase IHG card at least once. My ongoing hypothesis that they are trying to build brand loyalty by targeting offers to brands that one has stayed at over the past year seems to be supported - HIX and Candlewood were tied as my most frequented IHG brands in 2016.
I wonder if IHG realizes that they've created an incentive to avoid the premium and/or obscure brands (Indigo, Even, CP, IC) with this sort of targeting...

Last edited by lonelycrowd; Dec 9, 2016 at 9:37 am Reason: Clarity
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Amb, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Can I ask someone:

Does this mean I have to stay at three brands, or just three different hotels under the Holiday Inn flag? (IE I could stay at 3 different HIX's).
Any combination of Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Resort and Holiday Inn Club Vacation.

Holiday Inn Express is different brand, so does not count.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Really annoying for me,
A)requires both Asia/Pacific and non-Asia stays, which means expensive flights for me
B)Purchase points is only via POINTS.COM (ie does not include IHG.COM or P+C awards )
C)Wretched spend usd400 to get 2k points task yet again... (excludes my in-room dining as usual )
D)Some tasks must both BOOK and STAY after 1st Januar (ie existing bookings will NOT COUNT ! )
E)Would need two/three tasks 6/7/8 for a 12k bonus so pass on thos 3x tasks and bonus.

84,400 POINTS (will collect 61,300 )
======================
5000 POSTED 1. 5,000 Book and stay Once Get 5,000 <== yes
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points
terms
awarded after your Qualifying Stay at any IHG brand hotels, which must be booked and completed between 1st January 2017 and 15th April 2017 (both dates inclusive)

46000 POSTED after multiple stays 30day delay to hit dashboard, further 10days to hit account
2. 46,000 Stay More, Earn More <== yes, 26 nights planned jan/feb if I give all to IHG/IC
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 23 night(s) and earn 46,000 bonus points.
terms
awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been completed by the member at any IHG brand hotels between 1st January 2017 and 15th April 2017 (both dates inclusive)

4800 POSTED 3. 4,800 Earn more at InterContinental <== yes, 26x Asia/Oz nights planned flights already booked
Stay 6 night(s) at any InterContinental Hotels and Resorts in Asia Pacific,the Middle East and Africa and earn 4,800 bonus points
terms
awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been completed by the member at any IHG brand hotels between 1st January 2017 and 15th April 2017 (both dates inclusive)

4000 POSTED 4. 4,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay <== yes, an easy task BUT excludes w/ends already booked in Asia/oz...grrr
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required
terms
awarded after member books and completes the required number of Qualifying Stays, including a Saturday Stay and for a minimum of 2 nights, between 1st January 2017 and 15th April 2017 (both dates inclusive)

5. 8,000 Explore with Confidence <== Asia based jan-apr so unlikely
Stay in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) Europe and earn 8,000 bonus points
terms
awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays have been completed by the member in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) and Europe between 1st January 2017 and 15th April 2017 (both dates inclusive)

6. 2,100 Eat, Drink and Earn <== 15 x $30 meals but only works if i take meal in a club lounge
Spend $310 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 2,100 bonus points.
terms
awarded after the member reaches the required “Spend on Food or Beverage” (as defined below)

7. 1,000 Points Purchase <== Could do to earn 12k bonus if complete either of tasks 5./6.
Earn 1,000 bonus points by purchasing IHG® Rewards Club points
terms
awarded after member has purchased points with Points.com. Must make your points purchase between 1st January 2017 and 15th April 2017 (both dates inclusive). Limit to one time use

8. 12,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 12,000 bonus points.

500 POSTED 9. 500 Registration Bonus
Register for Accelerate and earn 500 bonus points Terms

1000 POSTED 10. 1,000 January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points
terms
awarded after your Qualifying Stay at any IHG brand hotels, which must be booked and completed between 1st January 2017 and 15th April 2017 (both dates inclusive)

Last edited by scubaccr; Feb 22, 2017 at 1:08 am
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:06 am

I'm pretty happy with mine. I should be able to get all of it pretty easily living in Germany. I'm Spire and got all my bonus points on this past Accelerate.

Earn 55,500 total bonus points.

5,000 Book and stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

8,000 Comfort Seeker
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s) - including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations® - and earn 8,000 bonus points.

3,000 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 3,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We’ll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash.

12,000 Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and earn 12,000 bonus points Terms

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points. Terms

15,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 6 offers and earn (an additional) 15,000 bonus points. Terms

1,000 January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points. Terms
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
From the T&C:

Thanks. As much as I like to earn extra points, I think I need to use some of the ones I have before they are devalued again.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Earn 41,000 points
Complete 5 of 6 offers and earn 13,500 points
1,000 - January bonus offer (stay 1 night in Jan)

3,000 - Book and stay Once Get 3,000
10,000 - Stay More, Earn More (stay 5 nights)
4,000 - A Bonus Weekend Stay (stay 2 nights over weekend)
3,000 - Stay for Less and Earn (book 1 stay via cash and points)
1,500 - Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
5,000 - Renew Your Ambassador Membership

Wow, really surprised at the renew your Ambassador Membership for 5,000 points, this is on top of what they already offer to renew.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have:

3,000 - Book and stay Once Get 3,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Book and stay once and earn 3,000 bonus points.

10,000 - Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

5,600 - Comfort Seeker
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s) - including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations® - and earn 5,600 bonus points.

4,000 - A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

2,400 - Big City Bonus
Stay in 1 of 6 major markets: New York, Chicago, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Las Vegas and earn 2,400 bonus points

1,500 - Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

13,500 - Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 6 offers and earn (an additional) 13,500 bonus points.

1,000 - January Bonus Offer
Book and stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points.

I'll stay at the IC Barkley in New York in January which will net me 8,900 points then reevaluate after that.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:21 am

50 nights get 100,000 points. Might be able to do it. I did 70 nights in a quarter last year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.