Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Jump Start 3 night stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Platinum Jump Start 3 night stay

I was looking at my Accelerate status online and noticed that in my offers there was something called Platinum Jump Start 3 night stay. The terms & conditions are empty. Anyone have any idea what that is? I don't remember signing up for it...

Funnily enough, what prompted me to look at Accelerate was a mail thanking me for taking part in Accelerate and earning 10'000 points and it was now closed! I panicked as I thought it was open until December. I logged on and indeed there are still 50 days to go.... The email had me really confused though and I still have no idea what it was for.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Snoopy
I was looking at my Accelerate status online and noticed that in my offers there was something called Platinum Jump Start 3 night stay. The terms & conditions are empty. Anyone have any idea what that is? I don't remember signing up for it...

Funnily enough, what prompted me to look at Accelerate was a mail thanking me for taking part in Accelerate and earning 10'000 points and it was now closed! I panicked as I thought it was open until December. I logged on and indeed there are still 50 days to go.... The email had me really confused though and I still have no idea what it was for.
I don't have the jump 3 offer but I have rec'd the same email...slightly random as it mentions the last accelerate ending and how many points I earned
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Don't have the Platinum offer, but got the same confusing Accelerate email. I mean talk about a crappy subject header. The only way to tell this is for Q2 Accelerate is by reading the fine print. Quite moronic 2 months after promo closure, but hey it's IHG Rewards so I guess we are still expecting too much, like clarity and common sense.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
I have received an email that mentions re-qualifying Platinum Elite with another 3 nights before 31 Decembee 2016. I have 23 qualifying nights so far this year. The email header is "Here's an easy path to keeping your status".

For what it's worth I was given same goal last year to keep Platinum.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnK
I have received an email that mentions re-qualifying Platinum Elite with another 3 nights before 31 Decembee 2016. I have 23 qualifying nights so far this year. The email header is "Here's an easy path to keeping your status".

For what it's worth I was given same goal last year to keep Platinum.
+1. Just received the same email. It's a little confusing because it tries to get me to book Bonus Point Packages, but the T&Cs make clear it's just three regular paid nights.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
This is in my offers, but no email. I have 23 nights and 27,000 qualifying points.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
+1. Just received the same email. It's a little confusing because it tries to get me to book Bonus Point Packages, but the T&Cs make clear it's just three regular paid nights.
This is really confusing.

The email mentions 3 nights where as My Offer Status mentions 1 x 3 night stay. I guess the email is wrong. Huge difference between the 2.

Is there an IHG representative that is able to confirm?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnK
This is really confusing.

The email mentions 3 nights where as My Offer Status mentions 1 x 3 night stay. I guess the email is wrong. Huge difference between the 2.

Is there an IHG representative that is able to confirm?
I've PMed the lurkers on Flyertalk.

There is a massive difference between a 3-night stay and any 3 nights. And I would have thought that most people would only read the fine print of an email without necessarily logging into their account.

That said, this is IHG and if the promos don't trigger properly, it can be a hassle to sort out later. A good example is those emails offering 5000 bonus Accelerate points for stays in the second or third month of the promo - they never post without complaining to IHG.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Feedback from IHG is that "they encourage me to do a 3-night stay before the end of the year" after some back-and-forth providing a copy of the actual email sent by IHG.

I won't hold my breath about IHG standing by an email they sent me.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
you love being Platinum Elite. We love you being Platinum Elite. So here’s a plan to help you keep your well-deserved status for all of 2017 with just 3 more nights in 2016—no matter how many nights you need.

How amazing is that?

And it’s super simple to do. Just book 3 more nights on IHG.com and stay with us before the end of the year. Remember, if you book a Bonus Points Package you could earn up to 5,000 bonus points…and all of those points count toward your Elite status too.

So, come see us again this year and keep a really good thing going.

Terms and Conditions

* Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member. Platinum Elite status will be awarded to member after the consumption of their next 3 qualified nights. Stays must be completed between October 26, 2016 and December 31, 2016. Platinum Elite status will be valid until December 31, 2017 after which member must re-earn Elite status. Participating IHG brands include InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, and Candlewood Suites®, EVEN® hotels and HUALUXE™. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. No retroactive Platinum Elite status will be awarded for stays prior to October 26, 2016 unless otherwise status is earned under the IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions. Subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive offer valid for original recipient only.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for posting that Canuck. But you do realise that IHG have stated that they aren't going to honour that email...
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:31 pm

Thanks for posting that Canuck. But you do realise that IHG have stated that they aren't going to honour that email...
They have?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
They have?
Thank you for your prompt reply to our request. [note: forwarding the email that made no mention of three consecutive nights]

I have forwarded your concern to our IHG Rewards Club department so they can review your request. For now, we advise you to try and complete the said offer by staying at our hotel with a minimum of 3 nights in 1 stay.
E-mail from IHG social media reps...
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:34 pm

E-mail from IHG social media reps...
That goes exactly against what the T+C's state, so we clearly have a case.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
That goes exactly against what the T+C's state, so we clearly have a case.
I know we have a case, the question is whether the aggravation of fighting our way through un-empowered IHG Rewards Club Philippines to find somebody who can comp Platinum (since it won't automatically trigger without a 3-night stay) is worth it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.