Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you tell if a booking made was done on the App?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Can you tell if a booking made was done on the App?

I have the book 4 nights on the IHG app on accelerate and don't know if I made my upcoming booking on it or not, is there anyway you can tell?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Saral
I have the book 4 nights on the IHG app on accelerate and don't know if I made my upcoming booking on it or not, is there anyway you can tell?
I don't think we can.

Hotel + IHG can as an internal use data field in the reservation .

It is that (to us) unseen field that allows the promo to correctly post App booked stays.

If rate is not an advance (non-cancelable) type and todays rate not too much higher (heck could sometimes even be lower) maybe cancel and rebook with App is best/safest option for you.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:04 am

Or simply ask IHG. You can do so using the chat.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Not quite sure if IHG can tell the difference themselves. I deliberately made my very first reservation for this Accelerate promo on the App, because I need 3 for the promo.

That stay registered for multiple challenges: Stay Once, Stay in September, Bonus Points, Stay More. When I e-mailed Ambassador services about the stay not registering for the App-promo, they replied that I must have booked through the mobile site instead of the App, and I shouldn't worry about it because I still had more than two months to do 3 App stays!?

In return I thanked them for lying to me, and wrote that I had never used the mobile site for making a reservation. Never heard back... thx for GREAT customer service!

Edit: on the other hand I remember having received some invoices in the past which mentioned that it was a App reservation, strangely enough also some weren't made through the App, go figure.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
That's why I made sure to take a screen shot with my phone when making the booking.

I need two vie the app, and first registered fine, so will see what happens with the second which should register in the next few days i imagine (points posted over the weekend).
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice guys....to be on the safe side I have cancelled the booking and made another, thanks again
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:33 am

When you go into your reservations online and click on print reservation another window pops up with the reservation details on it.

All the ones I have say booked at IHG.com near the top right.

I've no app bookings in my account just now so can't check if they come through differently. That may be worth checking.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Stealthmode
Not quite sure if IHG can tell the difference themselves. I deliberately made my very first reservation for this Accelerate promo on the App, because I need 3 for the promo.

That stay registered for multiple challenges: Stay Once, Stay in September, Bonus Points, Stay More. When I e-mailed Ambassador services about the stay not registering for the App-promo, they replied that I must have booked through the mobile site instead of the App, and I shouldn't worry about it because I still had more than two months to do 3 App stays!?

In return I thanked them for lying to me, and wrote that I had never used the mobile site for making a reservation. Never heard back... thx for GREAT customer service!
Issue is the the most basic and simplistic way to update dashboard is to use stay info posted to the member account 4-5days after checkout.

Alas that acct posting is limited in content
Main Summary
o hotel name, city (so covers also country, region type info needed for some tasks )
hotel type, ie IC, CP etc
o checkin + checkout dates
o if qual / non-qual rate / award stay
o f+b incidental spend

Earning Details view
o Hotel Name with full ddress info down to country

Info not included
o whether flex, BAR, Corporate, your rate, App-booked, 1-5k bonus point stay
o if paid with CC, Cash, Amex/Diners, IHG CC
o if P+C (versus straight award night)
o reservation#number

So promo tasks involving the "info not included" areas needs further specially programmed sweeps to correlate the other pertinent stay data needed to update a dashboard.
Some tasks are swept better than other tasks, eg corp stays seem to be done quickly/prompty/correctly, whereas other eg P+C take longer.
App stays are posted quickly and correctly, just don't expect on sme day as updating tasks like nn nights stayed

Some we know are the worst timewise as rely on external 3rd party processing/notifications, eg IHG CC spend

IHG cover themselves from outset sayinging something along lines.. prom points my take upto 4weeks from promo enddate to post.
(As such planning to use promo points earlier is simply not somehing you an or shoukd rely on or expect to do)

Last edited by scubaccr; Oct 25, 2016 at 8:19 am
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A couple years ago I got a book-with-the-app task and my phone at the time was incompatible with the app. I called up IHG and they said actually any booking at ihg.com would count, and it did.

Maybe that's still the case?

What the current T&Cs of the book-with-the-app task? (Back when I had the task, the T&Cs listed "apps on a computer" or something like that, which didn't exist, and thus actually meant simply using ihg.com, I guess.)
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
A couple years ago I got a book-with-the-app task and my phone at the time was incompatible with the app. I called up IHG and they said actually any booking at ihg.com would count, and it did.

Maybe that's still the case?

What the current T&Cs of the book-with-the-app task? (Back when I had the task, the T&Cs listed "apps on a computer" or something like that, which didn't exist, and thus actually meant simply using ihg.com, I guess.)
I just checked...The T and C's state a qualifying stay booked on an official IHG app
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Saral
I just checked...The T and C's state a qualifying stay booked on an official IHG app
That's not precise enough. Which official IHG app? The language i mentioned a couple years ago did also say "an official IHG app", but then said "on Apple, Android, or WIndows", when there was no Windows "app" besides being able to use the website!

So paraphrases of the current T&Cs are not useful. Please copy-and-paste the exact complete wording of the current T&Cs for this task. Thanks.

(I cannot do it myself because I don't have the app task this promo cycle.)
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
That's not precise enough. Which official IHG app? The language i mentioned a couple years ago did also say "an official IHG app", but then said "on Apple, Android, or WIndows", when there was no Windows "app" besides being able to use the website!

So paraphrases of the current T&Cs are not useful. Please copy-and-paste the exact complete wording of the current T&Cs for this task. Thanks.

(I cannot do it myself because I don't have the app task this promo cycle.)
A copy of the T and C' are below

TRAVEL WITH THE IHG® APP
Book 4 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 4,500 bonus points.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays are booked via the official IHG® App and completed between 6th September 2016 and 15th December 2016 (both dates inclusive) at participating InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN™ or HUALUXE™ hotels worldwide. IHG® Rewards Club Members with a Miles earning preference will earn Points. This Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms, standard IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive Offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. IHG® reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrism20
When you go into your reservations online and click on print reservation another window pops up with the reservation details on it.

All the ones I have say booked at IHG.com near the top right.

I've no app bookings in my account just now so can't check if they come through differently. That may be worth checking.
I've just checked this out and the booking I definitely made on the App is showing as 'booked on IHG.com' Thanks anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.