Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will the MarWood merger impact your IHG stays?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:08 pm

Yes, it will impact my stays, probably back to zero. This year I dipped a toe back in the IHG water, largely due to uncertainty over the merger. I hadn't had an IHG stay for a couple of years ( this year about 30 nights so far: London, Paris, Berlin, Bangkok, Vienna, New York and some others).
I quite liked many of these stays: everything from HIXs to Intercontinentals. The thing that turned me off, : whenever there was a problem, eg, reservation details not showing on the app, requested receipts not emailed upon checkout, chaos in respect of promotions like accelerate, a minor complaint over an IT issue at one property....they were never, NEVER resolved: emails kept coming back from a different person each of whom had clearly neither understood or even read the original message. A system with Kafkaesque features.
Ultimately someone did read the emails ( after 6 X back and forth) and said my questions had been forwarded to Guest Services ( OK, that's different from the people who deal with incoming emails?). Since then, 3 weeks, not a single word.
In short: too much trouble for what it's worth. Hotels are fine but the system/program sucks. So I will stick with SPG ( for better or worse), Hyatt and with HH as my backup program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.