Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome airport to Hotel Indigo?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Rome airport to Hotel Indigo?

Hi,
Was wondering whether there is a shuttle or train to Hotel Indigo Rome from FCO airport...

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anandrag
Hi,
Was wondering whether there is a shuttle or train to Hotel Indigo Rome from FCO airport...

Thanks!
Hotel Indigo (assuming you mean the Indigo on via Guilia) is in a great area of Rome, with one minor disadvantage - public transport in this area is pretty much limited to the bus system.
I pretty much exclusively stay in this area of Rome when I'm there and many of the hotels have arrangements with a private shuttle service for transport to and from FCO, so contact the hotel first. Typically I've found these offerings are either comparably priced to what you can find online yourself using a "FCO central Rome shuttle" search. I've used a few of these - you book online using a Credit Card - and have found them honest and reliable. I've used airportshuttle.it, romeshuttlelimousine.com, and tourshuttle.com with good results. Fares are like €45 for up to 3 people, €60 for a van for up to 8 people. Pretty much the best, most economical option if your party is more than 2 with baggage.
Other alternatives - taxicab or Uber, shared shuttle (not particularly recommended - though its cheap, invariably you're the last stop), or the Leonardo Express (€14? per) to Termini RR station and a €10-15 taxi to the hotel.
As a general note, taxis in central Rome (officially "inside the Aurelian Walls") are a surprisingly good deal...if you go to a taxi stand and make sure it has a medallion, and discuss price before you get in.
Enjoy Rome!

Last edited by rickg523; Sep 21, 2016 at 12:00 pm
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by rickg523
Hotel Indigo (assuming you mean the Indigo on via Guilia) is in a great area of Rome, with one minor disadvantage - public transport in this area is pretty much limited to the bus system.
I pretty much exclusively stay in this area of Rome when I'm there and many of the hotels have arrangements with a private shuttle service for transport to and from FCO, so contact the hotel first. Typically I've found these offerings are either comparably priced to what you can find online yourself using a "FCO central Rome shuttle" search. I've used a few of these - you book online using a Credit Card - and have found them honest and reliable. I've used airportshuttle.it, romeshuttlelimousine.com, and tourshuttle.com with good results. Fares are like €45 for up to 3 people, €60 for a van for up to 8 people. Pretty much the best, most economical option if your party is more than 2 with baggage.
Other alternatives - taxicab or Uber, shared shuttle (not particularly recommended - though its cheap, invariably you're the last stop), or the Leonardo Express (€14? per) to Termini RR station and a €10-15 taxi to the hotel.
As a general note, taxis in central Rome (officially "inside the Aurelian Walls") are a surprisingly good deal...if you go to a taxi stand and make sure it has a medallion, and discuss price before you get in.
Enjoy Rome!
Thanks. This was super helpful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.