Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about a Tweet action to improve Spire Elite status?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Thumper
I feel your pain. And respect your effort.

In a different thread, I suggested a SPIRE member day off on November 1, 2016, which gives IHG the time they need to do something.

A tweet response is extra work down the chain for middle management, a day off by all of us is something hard to ignore.
striking, do we need to pay union fees.

great idea BTW^
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Liked and retweeted. I hopped on the band wagon.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Or you can buy a twitter bot and get 1000++ likes and shares.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by olegator
Or you can buy a twitter bot and get 1000++ likes and shares.
We are going to make it the traditional way
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Some stats:
14 re-tweet
12 likes

Not bad at all
Thanks every one! ^

But I am quite sure that we can make it much bigger than this
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Some stats:
14 re-tweet
12 likes

Not bad at all
Thanks every one! ^

But I am quite sure that we can make it much bigger than this
good on you nicolas75, well done^
Old Aug 28, 2016, 1:25 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I'm sneaking up on both

Spire-RA with 50 YTD and SPG PLT going for PLT50 this week. Actually finding the room UPG's better on IHG than SPG, except in isolated cases. It would be nice if Spire guaranteed free breakfast, though RA doesn't always do that. Guess it's just where you stay, and when asked if I want the points or amenity, I always ask for both.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Done

16&16!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Done

16&16!
Great ^^
Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I don't want to be rude but I don't think comparing Spire benefits to SPG 75 is a smart way to go. It is far, far easier to get to Spire elite than it is to get to SPG 75, it's also on average far cheaper. I know someone that gets there by selecting the Double Points rate for each of his stays so he's Spire after a fraction of the nights it would take to get to 75.

Also, IHG is nothing like SPG nor are they aspiring to be. Intercontinental aside, they're still on the lower spectrum of hotel chains, far below Hilton, Marriott and Hyatt, so expecting similar benefits isn't practical.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10

Also, IHG is nothing like SPG nor are they aspiring to be. Intercontinental aside, they're still on the lower spectrum of hotel chains, far below Hilton, Marriott and Hyatt, so expecting similar benefits isn't practical.
Figures say the opposite: RevPAR, the KPI which measures revenues by room, is higher at IHG compared to its major competitors

https://doc.research-and-analytics.c...y9DZhW1fGfQ%3d
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by CMK10
I don't want to be rude but I don't think comparing Spire benefits to SPG 75 is a smart way to go. It is far, far easier to get to Spire elite than it is to get to SPG 75, it's also on average far cheaper. I know someone that gets there by selecting the Double Points rate for each of his stays so he's Spire after a fraction of the nights it would take to get to 75.

Yes, it is much easier to become IHG Spire than SPG Platinum. IHG gives a lot of (qualifying!) points by rates and promotions but less other benefits. Personally I could accept an adaption of the program towards a balance with less earned points (or higher point rates) and more benefits like comp. breakfast (let´s say a more Hilton HHonors like program).

What concerns me more is the focusing on the lower spectrum yet and IMHO a missing concept for the upscale and luxury spectrum. There is IC, then nothing (Kimpton in US maybe), then CP (what is CP??? Should be a "light" IC alternative in my opinion, what a waste of potential in the upper upscale spectrum to let that brand stagnate undefined that even members do not know what it is), somehow here or previously Indigo not to classify, who knows, then HI in many old and new variations, then HIX which was a real good step. I wonder if any of the IHG responsibles ever think about this topic or just sit satisfied in their UK offices and are happy with their IHG world.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Or, we just pick the program that fits us best... I mean, sure, I would like more of everything, it would be awesome, so I will never say no to that. But at the end of the day, if free breakfast is most important, I have a few programs to chose from, if lots of points is important, I can pick IHG.

I mean, I have wanted the breakfast ever since I started staying at IHG properties, yet still, I am still here... So, apparently, it isn't a deal breaker for me. I guess IHG see the numbers and act on them. One would hope anyways.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Updated stats:

19 retweets
22 likes

Pretty good ^

Don't hesitate to make it bigger
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:50 am

I’m a Spire Elite Ambassador. Just stayed at The Willard in Washington DC…right next to the White House. Paid $170.00 for the first night in their lowest level room. Used an Accelerate Free night cert for the second night.

Even before I arrived, they had upgraded me to a suite “with a view” and 4pm checkout. It had a living room and dining area and 2 bathrooms. Amazing! This room is a $600.00 a night room with a view of the Washington Monument & the White House.

I’m not sure which part of my status, the Spire or Ambassador that got me the upgrade…but I loved it!

As any FYI…I had transferred 75,000 points from Chase UR for a future stay, and they counted as Elite Qualifying points…which is how I obtained Spire. Not too bad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.