Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
IHG Hotel List of Trialing new SPIRE Benefit(s)

Wiki to have easy to view list of hotels participating in the Spire trial, listing hotels by Geography/Country/city followed by Spire benefit being trialled.

Please add your trial hotel here if you post about an hotel first.

1. Asia
o Thailand
HI Silom, Bangkok} - Room Upgrade (Post #1)
HI Silom, Bangkok} - Booking Premier Room now upgrades to Exec + Lounge access (previously was to unbookable Prem Corner) (Post #1)

2. Americas (excluding USA)

3. China

4. Europe
o NL
CP Amsterdam Center - Lounge Access (Post #1)
o UK
HI London Heathrow T5 - Free breakfast (Reward points stay). (Post #4)
CP Manchester Center} - Upgrade Day before if Availability (Post #2)
CP Manchester Center} - At Checkin, Amenity Choice OR Lounge Access if not upgraded to Club Room (Post #2)
CP Manchester Center} - Drinks Voucher is now per person (not per room) (Post #2)

5. USA
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

Please also add hotels/Benefit to WIKI once WIKI set up by MODs, thankyou

HI SILOM, Bangkok, Thailand

Good news! The Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom you're staying at is part of a new pilot program, and that means we're happy to confirm a complimentary room upgrade on your upcoming stay. This is just one of the great benefits of being a Spire Elite member of IHG@ Rewards Club.

Hotel / Spire Trial Benefit
+ H I Silom, Bangkok, Thailand / Room Upgrade
+ H I Silom, Bangkok, Thailand / Booking Premier Room now upgrades to Exec + Lounge Access (previously was upgrade to unbookable Prem Corner)

also aware of
+ CP Amsterdam Center, NL / Lounge Access

Note to Mods
Please can we have wiki on this thread to tabulate by geography (continents/Country/City) which hotels are participating so we see at a glance (and which benefit is being trialled) without trawling through posts (and also avoid duplicating earlier posts in this thread)
Update - WIKI started , as advised by MSPeconomist seems anyone can ?

Last edited by scubaccr; Jun 30, 2016 at 6:39 am
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:15 am

Crowne Plaza Manchester city centre UK are and told me this;

We are indeed one of the few IHG hotels that are trialling a new pilot scheme for IHG Spire members. So as part of the scheme, we upgrade Spire guests the day before depending on availability and confirm the upgrade via email. In addition, on check-in, we offer a choice of welcome amenity – 600 reward points, drinks voucher or access to club lounge for members who have not been upgraded to club rooms.

Drink voucher is also per person now...but only at crowne plaza Manchester city centre

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Please also add hotels/Benefit to WIKI once WIKI set up by MODs, thankyou

HI SILOM, Bangkok, Thailand

Good news! The Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom you're staying at is part of a new pilot program, and that means we're happy to confirm a complimentary room upgrade on your upcoming stay. This is just one of the great benefits of being a Spire Elite member of IHG@ Rewards Club.

also aware of
+ CP Amsterdam Center, NL / Lounge Access

Note to Mods
Please can we have wiki on this thread to tabulate by geography (continents/Country/City) which hotels are participating so we see at a glance (and which benefit is being trialled) without trawling through posts (and also avoid duplicating earlier posts in this thread)

Last edited by craigmmorq4; Jun 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm Reason: Misc
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Please also add hotels/Benefit to WIKI once WIKI set up by MODs, thank you

Note to Mods
You can start the wiki yourself and either keep it updated or ask those who post here in the future to update it if they have wiki privileges. You should propose a standard format and organization (by location?) to get it started.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
LHR T5 Free breakfast

Hi

Not sure if this is part of the Spire Benefit trail but I have stayed here a couple of times before on reward and paid points.

These earlier stays garnered no extra benefits other than the usual drinks voucher.

There are no superior rooms so no upgrades are given.

This stay was purely a rewards one and I was offered free breakfast + the usual drinks voucher.

Unfortunately I was leaving before 06:30 so could not partake
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:41 am

If it's HI express then breakfast is always free!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Complimentary room upgrade for Spire Elite members

On two out three recent stays I've had an email from IHG on the check in day:

Complimentary room upgrade for Spire Elite members

Complimentary room upgrade confirmed

Good news! The <property name> you’re staying at is part of a new pilot program, and that means we're happy to confirm a complimentary room upgrade on your upcoming stay. This is just one of the great benefits of being a Spire Elite member of IHG® Rewards Club.
The first one was on a points stay, and was four category upgrade from the base room booked. At check in the upgrade was confirmed, thanked for loyalty, bonus points provided.

The second on was a paid stay, but as I had already booked the highest room category, there was no mention of the "confirmed upgrade".
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:15 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Well night before confirmed upgrades and possibly lounge access/breakfast would suddenly bring IHG Spire up to the Hilton Diamond and Marriott Platinum levels, although there would be some distance to go to catch up with Hyatt and SPG benefits those 2 have much smaller footprints so like HH & MR, IHG can let them be. Spire point-earning also puts IHG at the top of the earn and burn league, so this long lamented program could be getting some real legs now! Interesting...
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:35 pm

Not sure if it's part of a trial or something that is being rolled out.

I've had seven stays in August and on all seven I've been asked if I required late checkout.

One stay was at an IC and I'm AMB so expected it there, the others have been spread over HIX, HI, Indigo and CP and have been offered as part of the check-in script.

As far as I know only one of the hotels I stayed at is part of the trial.

It may just be coincidence but I can normally count on one hand how often I'm offered an LCO in a year at IHG.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:59 pm

Wonder when the benefits are to be announced properly and rolled out

Originally Posted by chrism20

I've had seven stays in August and on all seven I've been asked if I required late checkout.

One stay was at an IC and I'm AMB so expected it there, the others have been spread over HIX, HI, Indigo and CP and have been offered as part of the check-in script.

It may just be coincidence but I can normally count on one hand how often I'm offered an LCO in a year at IHG.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat

Do you ask?

Whilst a late checkout is not generally part of the check in spiel I have never been refused one when I asked.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Do you ask?

Whilst a late checkout is not generally part of the check in spiel I have never been refused one when I asked.
I haven't used or needed an LCO for over a year I think.

Definitely haven't asked, they have been voluntarily offered (And turned down) on each occasion this month. The first occasion I thought the MOS was just being efficient but it's persisted all month.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I haven't used or needed an LCO for over a year I think.

Definitely haven't asked, they have been voluntarily offered (And turned down) on each occasion this month. The first occasion I thought the MOS was just being efficient but it's persisted all month.
To be honest I don't care if they offer it or not, I have always had free late checkout to 4pm whenever I have needed it even beyond IC's, perhaps I have just been lucky?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:30 pm

Did a points stay at the IC Osaka. Had been upgraded upon check-in, but was given a room with 2 twins instead of a king. Requested a room with a king, and they upgraded me again to one of their service residences (suites). Was given late check-out, a nice welcome gift of Japanese sweets, and a drink voucher.

Not sure if it was a trial, as I didn't receive an email or notice.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
To be honest I don't care if they offer it or not, I have always had free late checkout to 4pm whenever I have needed it even beyond IC's, perhaps I have just been lucky?
Nor do I personally although I know LCO matters to a lot of users here and I thought it was unusual that it had been proactively offered so often when it isn't normally so I thought I would share it incase it is something that may have been added to the trial.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
+ H I Silom, Bangkok, Thailand / Booking Premier Room now upgrades to Exec + Lounge Access (previously was upgrade to unbookable Prem Corner)
Following this thread, I booked a Premier room at the HI Silom this past weekend. On checkin I was offered a choice between an upgrade to a Club Room or to a King Premier Suite without club access. I took the Suite. The way this was offered made it sound like it was a standard offer they were making to all Spires. It was not clear that I needed to book a Premier room to get this offer but I assume so.

The suite was very nice, was in the upgraded tower, and, unusually, had access to a large balcony area overlooking Bangkok from above. The suite and hotel was also much better quality than your average HI. I have stayed in Crowne Plazas that were substantially less nice than this hotel. For $66 a night inc tax(for the premiere room, standard rooms are even cheaper), this is a bargain. The suite was going for $120ish a night, so the upgrade is decent.

Given that the other IHG properties in BKK are a lot more expensive, I would say the HI Silom is a no brainer for Spires atm unless the location does not work for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.