Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double base points via Headforpoints

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
I stayed on 18 June, points from that posted on 22 June and it took 10 days from the stay for my double points deal to post on 28 June. But that's still just 6 days from when the stay actually got posted. It actually happened a lot quicker than I was anticipating for something they are doing by hand.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Raffles
Give it another week and then PM me with your confirmation number / booking name etc and I will forward it to the relevant person.

No point calling IHG as the bonuses are being done manually via the UK office.

One point Tim - IHG is only giving the bonus on one room per booking. I noted above you said you booked 2 rooms at Niagara but the bonus will only reflect one. This wasn't addressed in the original rules because they never thought about it, but now they have! This is non-negotiable, they will point you to the 'IHG has the final say' clause in the terms.
OK, good, thks.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
Is there any advantage to using the HFP link when booking an IHG room using the points plus cash option? (IF even possible).

Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Paul5795
Is there any advantage to using the HFP link when booking an IHG room using the points plus cash option? (IF even possible).

Thanks.
No, sorry. The bonus is only on accommodation base points which would be zero.

I'm pleased to say there is only one notified case of mistracking so far (the one in this thread) out of a few hundred consumed stays so the process is working very well.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
I'm pleased to say there is only one notified case of mistracking so far (the one in this thread) out of a few hundred consumed stays so the process is working very well.
Actually there are two. I did not post here but sent you a PM to which you already responded.

In both cases there was a change in the confirmation number - in my case I have no clue who has done that and why. But it is very likely the reason why the bonus points did not post.

I am still waiting for IHG to get back to me
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quick update on this promo, which is still running I'm pleased to say.

First, with one exception, I think all outstanding queries for missing double points have been fixed. We are still running at 99% posting automatically which is great. If you are missing double points 28 days after check-out and you followed all the instructions when booking, email me at raffles (at) headforpoints.co.uk and I will liaise with IHG.

Secondly, IHG is now excluding rooms booked using negotiated corporate rate codes from double points. This was always meant to be the case but the message was never communicated. Existing bookings will be honoured.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:14 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well I guess my reservations from last week and yesterday still slipped in then (better keep the confirmation post stay), but good to know going forward. Unfortunately, at least in my case a stay is either on a Corp rate or on points, so won't be able to make use of this anymore. Ahh well, one can't have it all.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I all seems to be working great, even when I had to claim a missing points stay thru ihg I got the double points

Just a shame I have a book 4 stays thru the App this time for Accelerate
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:26 pm

For me it was a big fiasco.
My relevant reservations were back in mid-July.
The IHG Service Center initially didn't know what I'm asking for when I called (They told me that promotions are only eligible by IHG sites, .... etc), I had to explain to them what Headforpoints is and so on so forth ..
After the 28 days passed, points were not posted, I had to involve a supervisor which handled the situation but took also long time, after 2 weeks time, the points were posted as "Goodwill adjustment"
I had already few stays last week and upcoming 3-4 stays in the coming few weeks which I haven't book via Headforpoints, it costed me so much time, efforts and hassle in order to get around 14k points, I eventually decided to utilize my Accelerate offers (completing the summer one offers and now starting the fall one), especially that I achieved Spire now, so I'm getting 100% points more along with the Accelerate bonuses, not too bad!!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It does say clearly on HFP that issues should be fixed by emailing me. I pass your info to a specific IHG person in the UK and he fixes it. Simple.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:33 am

It does say clearly on HFP that issues should be fixed by emailing me. I pass your info to a specific IHG person in the UK and he fixes it. Simple.
I seem to be one of the not so lucky people since the double points did not post automatically for any of the five stays I booked through headforpoints.

I reached out to Raffles and he helped me. It took more than two months but eventually I got the points for the first three stays. Thanks Raffles!

I am afraid that I will need Raffles' assistance for the other two stays as well but I am confident that eventually they will post.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:43 pm

Apologies Raffles, I didn't know you could help here.
My next stays can't be changed, but I will consider your help for next plans.

Last edited by VG3RMJC2; Sep 8, 2016 at 3:46 pm Reason: Wrong writing in the title
Old Sep 23, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG, ANA Mileage Club, Hilton Honors
Smile

Originally Posted by craigthemif
It is somewhat curious that HfP is a UK-based blog and we have Quidco offering 11% cashback so perhaps the double points offer is not the best deal for us.

Outside the UK, cashback offers might be less lucrative so this deal might actually drive non-UK readers to HfP to book IHG hotels. Good for Raffles, maybe not quite what IHG has in mind...
That is what has just happened for me. Stay booked!
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:51 pm

Checked out of hotel September 4th, double points posted date of September 20th (coincidentally, same day as summer Accelerate bonus points)

Opted for this instead of Topcashback US for 5% or ebates for around the same.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
I seem to be one of the not so lucky people since the double points did not post automatically for any of the five stays I booked through headforpoints.

I reached out to Raffles and he helped me. It took more than two months but eventually I got the points for the first three stays. Thanks Raffles!

I am afraid that I will need Raffles' assistance for the other two stays as well but I am confident that eventually they will post.
I WAS confident that the double points will eventually post. However I reached out to Raffles more than three weeks ago about the two stays in August for which the double points haven't posted yet. Despite having sent a few reminders I did not get any response whatsoever. I am disappointed because Raffles did help me with the previous cases. Raffles, if you read this post, can you please respond to my PM and let me know the status of both cases? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.