No In-Room Dining points during reward stay ?

Old May 24, 2016, 11:55 pm
Original Poster
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
No In-Room Dining points during reward stay ?

During checkin to a reward stay at the IC Singapore, I was informed of the double points for in-room dining promo.

However, I never got any points for it. Am I not eligible to earn points for IRD because it was a reward stay ?

If so, I felt the front desk should have informed me instead of giving me the impression that I would earn it, since she knew it was a reward stay.

*I only am aware that room upgrade supplements are not meant to accrue points for reward stays.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:45 am

I wouldn't trust a front desk clerk to know the details of a particular IHG promotion; she was probably instructed to mention it to drum up profitable in-house F&B sales...

There was a similar promo a year ago, which got me fooled when though I had it in print. After filing for missing points with IHG CS, I was told reward stays were not eligible, which was indeed mentioned in the T&C fine print - my fault for not noticing it. I had assumed the promo would apply, as it made no sense to exclude reward stays: presumably getting profitable F&B spend from an unprofitable guest should be very desirable for any IC?

To be clear, my F&B spend did automatically post as 100% elite-qualifying, plus elite bonus, with only the double points promotional bonus denied. IIRC that bonus did require signing up with a promo code, which I legitimately did as I had been emailed the offer.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by jedicat666
However, I never got any points for it. Am I not eligible to earn points for IRD because it was a reward stay ?
You should be eligible to earn the regular number of points but not the (2x) bonus points.

t&c's for this promotion can be found here:

ihg.com/2Xfordining

Also please note that you need to register before your stay. I received a a credit-card sized "flyer" upon check-in which contains the relevant information.

An excerpt of the t&c's:

Must be a IHG Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. 20 points per $US1 spent (“Double Points”) will be awarded on any non-room spend with a qualifying stay [...] A Stay constitutes a “qualifying Stay” when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates.
I very much agree with this:

I wouldn't trust a front desk clerk to know the details of a particular IHG promotion
As I experienced yesterday some clerks do not even know the ins and outs of the "regular" terms: I had to pay for club access which according to the clerk at check-in was included due to my "upgrade" from a deluxe sea view to a deluxe club sea view room

Last edited by DuMaInSin; May 25, 2016 at 5:54 am Reason: correction

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.