Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will get Royal Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 12:18 am

No difference at all between Spire and RA in non-IC properties, but a big difference in IC stays. You are all of a sudden treated like a real VIP customer rather than just a tick box dictated by IHG.

In the ICs that don't see many RAs you get real personalised service, and in the bigger ICs used to elites they have a well oiled process for dealing with you.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Yeah I'm not so worried about the treatment in IHG - Non IC properties. In IC's I travel a lot to them with my partner so it is nice for us to get treated well together.
Old May 4, 2016, 4:44 am

could I get an update what xx/xx/xx stand for?

I thought it was
total nights/thereof IC/thereof different IC

Originally Posted by Lewis42
Can confirm that I got royal ambassador! Something like 24/5/150 in the end.

I had about another 10 award night stays at various IC's but I guess these don't count.

Woohoo!
Old May 4, 2016, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Yokdoc
could I get an update what xx/xx/xx stand for?

I thought it was
total nights/thereof IC/thereof different IC
I counted it as
Nights at IC/Different IC Hotels/Total IHG Nights

Apologies if I am wrong.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by phol
No difference at all between Spire and RA in non-IC properties, but a big difference in IC stays. You are all of a sudden treated like a real VIP customer rather than just a tick box dictated by IHG.

In the ICs that don't see many RAs you get real personalised service, and in the bigger ICs used to elites they have a well oiled process for dealing with you.
This isn't quite true there are a few properties (mainly CP's) which definitely and consistently treat you better as a RA. The CP London City, CP Ealing, CP Causeway Bay HKG to name a few.
Old May 4, 2016, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
This isn't quite true there are a few properties (mainly CP's) which definitely and consistently treat you better as a RA. The CP London City, CP Ealing, CP Causeway Bay HKG to name a few.
I had no idea they did. What kind of things do they do? simply just better service or?
Old May 4, 2016, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I had no idea they did. What kind of things do they do? simply just better service or?
Guaranteed Club Access typically.
Old May 5, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I've been RA since I was 23...I'm 26 now. The treatment is great once they realize I'm an RA. I'll often sit down in the Ambassador check-in area and they look confused. Then they check my account.

The only age bias I've ever encountered was at the IC Willard in DC. I wanted to book their top suite along with the connecting room for my brother's graduation. They wanted to know exactly who was staying in the room (family, friends, how old?, etc). The GM called to ask me this and I told him it was none of his business who would be staying in the room I'm spending thousands for. He got the hint. I think he was worried about a college bash at a prestigious DC hotel.

Ultimately I was bumped from that suite due to matters of "national security", which I still think is BS. Evidently some high ranking official or diplomat needed to be in that particular room due to security concerns.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles

So, is there in general a big difference in how you're treated from a Spire Ambassador to a Royal Spire Ambassador? I find i get pretty good treatment as a spire ambassador already. For example I often manage to get into suites even on reward nights.

Thanks y'all.
I can't help with the RA question but would you mind sharing which hotels have upgraded you to a suite? I'm Spire Ambassador and haven't ever had a suite upgrade.

Thanks
Old May 6, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by davrossuk
I can't help with the RA question but would you mind sharing which hotels have upgraded you to a suite? I'm Spire Ambassador and haven't ever had a suite upgrade.

Thanks
try booking room category one level below a suite. don't expect as an Ambassador to get a suite upgrade from entry level room categories
Old May 8, 2016, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Congrats your royal highness.
Old May 8, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
So any reports of RA granted for fewer than 60 nights? Would 59 IC suite nights really not make the mark?

Last edited by FrenchLaundry; May 8, 2016 at 2:49 pm Reason: Typographical error.
Old May 8, 2016, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry
So any reports of RA granted for fewer than 60 nights? Would 59 IC suite nights really not make the mark?
Don't get confused here. I had...

24 IC nights
5? Different IC hotels (can't remember exactly)
150+ IHG nights
Old May 9, 2016, 4:20 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry
I had fewer than 60 nights and got RA. High spend per night.
Old May 9, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Originally Posted by chrisljo
I had fewer than 60 nights and got RA. High spend per night.

Thanks for the response! It gives hope to some of us (like myself) who stay mainly in ICs, use hotel services, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.