Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quidco Return

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by Raffles
I look forward to you trying that one. What do you expect them to do, let you email them an invoice after the stay and they just give you 11% of the money from their own pocket?!

IHG has no deal with TCB.
Come on Raffles, it's not that complicated:

Dear TCB

IHG are on Quidco, will you match the cashback?

Love and kisses
21h
Interesting that you're still posting your affiliate embedded links for IHG. I guess saving 8% is not deemed newsworthy
Old May 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
IHG will not pay cashback to TCB. End of!
Old May 16, 2016, 2:25 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by Raffles
IHG will not pay cashback to TCB. End of!
And HfP will not acknowledge Quidco is better option than their own pocket lining affiliate link.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:01 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by parklife
2 bookings made and neither tracked!
I have had the same issue recently; one booking at the end of May tracked but since then several have not. I do use a dedicated browser, and have even tried clearing cookies etc, though the same day as the IHG bookings I have had Radisson bookings track without issue.

I filed a Quidco claim for one booking and at least there was some record of it since I was able to select the transaction from that list.

Now that I think about it the difference between this non-tracked booking and others was the fact that I selected a bonus points package; is that not a valid rate for cashback perhaps?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by KRS
I have had the same issue recently; one booking at the end of May tracked but since then several have not. I do use a dedicated browser, and have even tried clearing cookies etc, though the same day as the IHG bookings I have had Radisson bookings track without issue.

I filed a Quidco claim for one booking and at least there was some record of it since I was able to select the transaction from that list.

Now that I think about it the difference between this non-tracked booking and others was the fact that I selected a bonus points package; is that not a valid rate for cashback perhaps?
Bonus points packages are eligible, I've had two track in the last couple of weeks at 11%. I have noticed that the majority don't track until the day after checkout which is bizarre. I've raised tickets after they haven't posted then the day after checkout I get a message saying they are closing the ticket as it has tracked.

The odd one has posted when booking but the vast majority of the ones I've made haven't.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by chrism20
Bonus points packages are eligible, I've had two track in the last couple of weeks at 11%. I have noticed that the majority don't track until the day after checkout which is bizarre. I've raised tickets after they haven't posted then the day after checkout I get a message saying they are closing the ticket as it has tracked.

The odd one has posted when booking but the vast majority of the ones I've made haven't.
I haven't had any track and even a pre-paid one hasn't tracked. Would make more sense to track and only be confirmed after the stay.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by parklife
I haven't had any track and even a pre-paid one hasn't tracked. Would make more sense to track and only be confirmed after the stay.
It would certainly make it easier to keep track of. I would recommend raising a ticket though for any that haven't tracked as soon as it is possible to do just incase they do a Hilton and disappear overnight meaning there is no way you can add a ticket later.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:05 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I had 3 stays since April, two of them tracked and were paid within 3 weeks, one booking at 11% did not track but a claim has been raised and is being processed. They are all pre-paid.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: Intercontinental Plat RA / Club Carlson Gold / SPG Gold / A Club Plat /
I just gave it a try but it seems to be worthless for IHG Rewards Club Members

My purchases haven't tracked so I needed to make a claim each time.

Quidco tells me cashback is not valid for bookings with the preferential " Rewards Club Advance Rate"
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Peter72
Quidco tells me cashback is not valid for bookings with the preferential " Rewards Club Advance Rate"
My three stays were all booked at the "Rewards Club Advance Rate". I have received cash back for the first two. A claim has been forwarded to the retailer for the third.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: Intercontinental Plat RA / Club Carlson Gold / SPG Gold / A Club Plat /
Customer service agent told me first that looking at their tracking statistics it doesn't seem that IHG is having any problems with tracking

Team leader explained me afterwards my purchases didn't track as it is not valid for bookings with a preferential " Rewards Club Advance Rate

Quidco's customer service (5 GBP premium fee !) is a real joke, that's for sure
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
It seems Holiday Inn has moved from cashback to only offering the coins....
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Peter72

Team leader explained me afterwards my purchases didn't track as it is not valid for bookings with a preferential " Rewards Club Advance Rate
THIS IS WORRYING

Most cashback sites list restrictions of the type "membership or special rates excluded".

I'm guessing IHG could invoke this restriction to refuse cashback on stays booked at Reward Club rates. They haven't done so, so far, on my TopCashback bookings, or on MrRebates: but I think those organisations have muscle, whereas Quidco is not so big.

So while 11% cashback on Quidco is tempting, perhaps best not to be greedy and stick to the other sites (currently 8%).
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:37 am

That's certainly worth challenging as on the page on the quidco site directly underneath the 11% text it says "Discover Europe this summer with rooms from £45".

Then when you click through the landing page is for the sale advertising rooms in Europe for £45 this summer!

Off topic (apologies) but I noticed on Facebook that someone has posted they are waiting on a trading standards ruling. When you scroll back through the posts the same person has mentioned trading standards and deceptive rates.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:55 am

Quidco was querying this with IHG.

They confirm now that all sales made with the "Rewards Club Advance" rates won't qualify for cashback

Quidco will made an update of their terms and conditions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.