Thank you for being Spire Ambassador have a free Downgrade

Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
GTC (the "fineprint") cannot change anything written "in bold". If you enter into a specific contract for a specific room they will be "in breach" if they give you a different room. This is not only the law in all jurisdictions I have dealt with but also common sense.
Thank you for you input Counselor.
Appreciate it.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:23 am
Original Poster

The reason for the downgrade.

They are refurbing all the executive floors. But obviously dont want everyone to know.

They have re-catagorised floor 5 now as executive.
The system (hence it said 1 king bed)and the french room notification of rate/tariff and type on the back of the door still says standard room on floor 5. max rate 500 Euro (except during grand prix de monaco (we reserve the right to charge whatever we want during the grand prix... (it did not say that).. )

They have however put in for arrival..
1. Some Dressing gowns and slippers all fresh shrink wrapped.
2. A still and fizzy water and two chocolate bars.
and made it "The executive experience".

Upon arrival the staff at reception were very very helpful, they could not agree with me about the room directly, but compensated with 2 x 2 free drinks vouchers. (in Nice bar at 12 euros a baileys) thats a big compensation.. he he.

A note on the file, the offer of the ameniety points.

A letter was put through the door around midnight, the desk manager asked me to speak to them.

Upon check out they discounted the room down to a standard room price, so made the 2nd night discounted by 20 euros. Also applied a 25% discount on the bar bill :-)

Again the duty manager did not say that it was not an executive room.
They just did all the above as a goodwill gesture as I was a Spire Elite member.

Just to check I did push the floor 8 button and the lift opened to a floor totally under refurb, plastic cover on the carpets, signs of workmen tools equipement.

overall a great stay, the room was good, the view not the executive experience as floor 5 and below for future reference cannot see over th town you get the backs of the buildings and courtyard, floor 6 and above will give you the nice views to wake up to...

Locationwas excellent and the staff really really nice.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:30 pm

I would ask for free room or free upgrade to suite
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by luftair
I would ask for free room or free upgrade to suite
I believe they only had a single suite in the hotel on the higher floor.
That was not available on check in on the Friday, or Saturday night, think someone had already jumped in for it.

They were very reluctant to do anything, it was a pre-paid rate and they already had the money.

It was a battle to get the room rate down to standard room rate and they did the discount so that it was all covered by the amount I had actually paid. In the end on check out I had to pay them 1 euro and 80 cents extra.

If it had been a bets flexible rate I would have walked

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.