Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: Emirates, Qatar Airways
Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi - Yas Island

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked: SUPERIOR KING ROOM NONSMOKING
Upgrade: NONE

Welcome gifts?

NONE

How are the rooms?

Very nice! Modern and a good size.

How is the exec. lounge?

Not applicable

What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Price, location, room and staff.

Bad:

Wife and son stayed here, as usual they've taken a room service deposit off my card without my wife really knowing what she was paying. Have had to chase up IHG reward points which sadly I seem to have to do on a lot of bookings now.

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?

Good value for money, should be good for points too cira 8000 with accelerator, have chased them up, will wait to see.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:31 am

Crown Plaza Huashang Yucheng, Huangshan, China

Crown Plaza Huashang Yucheng, Huangshan, China

What is your Priority Club status?
Platium

Yes, the hotel is good and the priroity welcome is good.
The hotel is located at Huangshan City(about 1hour car to Mountain Huang).

booked a Deluxe River room and upgraded to Executive Deluxe River.
The breakfast is included in the weekend 40% off package only for greater China's elite IHG member.

How are the rooms?
A big room , Decorationed by old anhui architecture style, and have a big bath tub.

How is the exec. lounge?
People is less, and the lounge is big, the happy our is 6pm to 8pm , and the it's good for a dinner because the 4 appetizer they provide is just like entree in other hotel.

breakfast is good, dinner is good. I also want to use my 398RMB Dinning Reward voucher, Unforturnately, becuase of the day I stay is Christmas period, the dinner buffet is increased to 668RMB/person(include a spa card value 688 RMB..) for 149RMB, so I had to use it in the Chinese Restruant named Yu Ping Xuan, but the dinner is good to .

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's good, I stayed two day, and only cost RMB1007.4 include tax.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:41 am

Crown Plaza Tianjin Jinnan,Tianjin,China

Crown Plaza Tianjin Jinnan, Tianjin, China

Platium

Yes, the hotel is good and the priroity welcome is good.
Though the hotel is far from city center of Tianjin, the castle-liked building, so it fit spend all your day in the hotel, but not suit for sightseeing.
You need both 1 hour whether to Tianjin city center or Tianjin Binhai District by car.

booked a Deluxe room and upgraded to Executive Suite.
The breakfast is included in the weekend 40% off package only for greater China's elite IHG member.

How are the rooms?
A very very big room , have bathtub, and the toilet 、wash and cloth lock is splited by the door with the suite.

How is the exec. lounge?
Exec lounge is under construction and doesn't open. For the compulsry, hotel provide happy hour voucher and afternoon tea voucher everyday for people who should have exec lounge access privillege.Both of them and in the lounge bar. Afternoon tea is at 3:30pm to 5pm, you have some cocktail (like chip,fruit and so on, and tea or coffee) and happy hour continued from 5pm to 7pm, yes,the appetizer is still like entree, so you can use it as dinner.

more western -style in breakfast instead Chinese style. If you haven't car, it's a trouble to leave the hotel. So rent a car or call a taxi/limouqisuine first before your stay in it.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, it's good, I stayed two day, and only cost RMB552 include tax.(The package is only for Great China elite member and in Great China hotel)
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
HI Frankfurt-Neu Isenburg

Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay
Yep, definitely.

Bx standard room at IHG prepay rate, Rx Comfort King room on top floor (right in the dead-center of the hotel, where the facade swoops out in a semicircle).

How are the rooms?
Our room was very nice. Modern furnishing, comfortable bed, shower had a curtain instead of a door. Shaving mirror over the single sink. Windows opened fully. Not much of a view (industrial area) but we could see some church steeples.

How is the exec. lounge?
NA

Only thing bad was that the water temperature wiggled a little.
The bar was great - the Bulgarian bartender made some great capiroshkas and the fish and chips were more than edible. FD staff were all friendly.

This was a mattress run for me to clear 4 different Accelerate 2016 goals. Paid ~66€ incl. breakfast, so yeah, I'd do it again.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
IC Bucharest

Platinum.

First stay at the property. Only one night. Was satisfied.

Booked Classic King, got Executive King. However, room size is the same.

How are the rooms?
Old and a little bit worn, but clean, cozy and large enough.

How is the exec. lounge?
No access.

Good: Breakfast buffet. Free glass of wine or sparkling wine as platinum amenity. Late check-out at 14:00
Bad: Couldn't open room at 13:00. Was told that key cards get reset automatically at 12:00 if the rooms are due for check-out at that day. Apparently there is no possibility to prevent this.

Very good value at approx. EUR 85 prepaid incl. breakfast. Would maybe return.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: TK*G, LH FT, Hilton Gold, IC Ambassador
Crowne Plaza Maastricht

Gold

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
No

Standard - no upgrade.

How are the rooms?
Tired room with creeking bathroom door and badly hard-water stained toilet.

How is the exec. lounge?
No access.

Good: Location, bonus points credited to my account.

Bad: Given a card advising me of Gold Benefits, which included a late 2pm check-out upon availability. Would rarely use but needed it on this occasion so phoned the day before to request. Was told that the hotel was fully booked for the following night. Fair enough so worked with wifi elsewhere. Low and behold there the hotel was full with an IHG Sales/Marketing conference which had taken over the entire lobby as a breakout area.

Not impressed to be denied benefits in order for them to accommodate their own staff ahead of paying guests. Emailed PC to point this out but got a standard copy and paste reply about 'programme enhancements' which had nothing to do with my feedback.

Paid stay - Not good value. Only major chain (for points) in Masstricht bar NH so they have a monopoly, and know it.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Crowne Plaza Helsinki, Finland

Crowne Plaza Helsinki, Finland

- What is your Priority Club status?
IHG Spire

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes. This was a party night so we did not really stay much in the room.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room without breakfast, was preupgraded to Junior Suite, but we wanted separate beds, so asked a "downgrade" to Twin standard

- How are the rooms?

Typical standard room in Helsinki, but with CP atmosphere. Standard rooms are quite smallish, even if not the smallest in comparison. Amenities were included. Bath.

- How is the exec. lounge?

I have never seen anyone attending the lounge, neither now. But there is not much to offer, some candy and soft drinks + coffee, except at 6-8pm some snacks and wine&beer. Not much to boast about.

- What was good and what was bad?
+ Staff. They upgraded again as always. They told us also that exec lounge would not serve cont breakie in the morning, so they comp'd us the full breakfast in the main room.
+ Everything

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Sure, especially if you have high status, this is the best choice of IHG in Helsinki given the upgrade + lounge and breakfast they give
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
HI Prague Congress Center

Platinum.

First stay at the property. One night. Satisfied.

Booked Standard King, got Executive King.

How are the rooms?
Clean and large enough for one night.

How is the exec. lounge?
First time at IHG that my upgrade included lounge access. However, "lounge" consists of only two small unstaffed rooms with a limited choice of soft drinks.

+ Clean Room.
+ Breakfast.
+ Good Platinum recognition. Choice btw. 500 pts. or drink at bar, including several alcoholic choices. Found additionally a small bottle of wine and some nuts and chocolate in room.

Very good value. Would return when in town for business.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)

Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)

Platinum Elite

First stay as Platinum, First stay at hotel. One night, last minute and satisfied. Stayed on Corporate Rate.

I booked the Queen Bed suite with corporate rate. Asked to be upgraded to King at check-in, it was not offered but I asked and was upgraded to King on the spot.

How are the rooms?

The king bed suite was large and comfortably laid out.

How is the exec. lounge?

None available that I know of, free breakfast in AM though.

Only one elevator working was annoying. The walls seemed kinda thin but overall a good stay and good hotel. The space was well laid out and you had essentially two rooms.

Paid $99 plus Tax on corp rate. Yes would return as cheapest hotel in area for the price. Also good if could keep getting upgraded for price.

At checkin was asked about amenity bag or bonus points for platinum elite. I asked for points, the guy said good choice. lol
eta: the amenity bag he said consisted of a water bottle and trail mix.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
HIX Annapolis East - Kent Island

Spire

Yes

Booked award night and selected King, waterfront whirlpool room which turned out to be the best room in the hotel.

How are the rooms?
The whirlpool room was 3 times larger than normal rooms and had a beautiful view out the window overlooking Chesapeake Bay. The whirlpool itself however had very low water pressure and probably would have taken 2 hours to fill. I guess a plumber could fix it, but I didn't bother to ask.

The hotel has nice setup on the bay with a deck and boat dock and swimming pool. This place would be great in the summer and probably quite busy. Several great seafood restaurants very close by and a marina.

Good:
It was nice to be able to book the best room on points.

Bad:
Whirlpool water pressure.

Yes
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
HI Hasselt

Spire

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yep

Bx standard room at IHG Advance Saver rate, Rx Executive king on highest floor with city view. Also got free minibar.

How are the rooms?
Furniture was dated, but bathrooms more modern. Good-sized shower. Bed was a proper US king. Nice big wall-to-wall windows.

How is the exec. lounge?

NA

Good: Good location, great on-site restaurant with Belgian beer happy hour, good value, friendly staff

Bad: Can't think of anything.

For a paid stay, and one that knocked off several Accelerate goals, yeah, I'd say it was a great value.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:47 am

HIX Dusseldorf City

Spire

Yes.

Standard Room, this was a Point Break redemption. Got a room furthest from the elevator on the top floor. Might have been a handicap room, the layout was weird with a large floor area and no occupying furniture.

How are the rooms?
Definitely a recent reno. Ours was set up kind of strange, as I mentioned. Good lighting, smallish closet, in-room safe. Tiny little writing desk. The bed, I found, was pretty small for two people. Shower, on the other hand, had plenty of room.

How is the exec. lounge?

NA

Good:
Breakfast area had decent traffic flow. Room was quiet. Everything looked new and modern. FD staff were very friendly.

Bad: Bed was small, beer selection at the bar was pretty limited.

Great value for a Point Break. Good location. Definitely would return.

Last edited by FonzieBone; Feb 15, 2016 at 12:57 am Reason: forgot property name
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I think you forgot to add the name of the property
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:57 am

Thanks, corrected.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Holiday Inn Worlds Fair Park - Knoxville, TN

Spire - acknowledged at check-in.

Generally, yes. Treated well.

1 King, non-smoking. Upgraded to same room on Executive floor.

How are the rooms?

Tired. They've been updated multiple times but there's no disguising this hotel was built for the 1982 World's Fair. Small bathroom, no closet - could be any Holiday Inn from 1982. Beautiful view out the 11th floor window to the park and University beyond. Had a Keurig but no fridge or microwave.

How is the exec. lounge?

Great host, friendly and helpful. The only lounge perk appears to be breakfast and a newspaper. Food was okay. Lounge is not open on weekends but the host gives you a pass to use for the downstairs buffet. That was nicely done with an omelet station and hot and cold bar.

Parking is $10 a night and the garage is a little spooky.

There is an indoor pool but we did not investigate.

Room Service was fine.

Only $107 for the first night, $111 the next 3. Might try the Crowne Plaza next time. About the same age and price. I've attended meetings there but never seen a room.

Was visiting my son who was a patient at UT Hospital so didn't spend much time at the hotel. Better price than closer hotels - I think Hilton Garden Inn was closer but $50 more. I imagine the price goes through the roof for fall weekends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.