Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:48 am

IC Osaka

IC Osaka

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked Superior (basic) room on points, upgraded to Deluxe room on high floor (21-26F) with view.

How are the rooms?

Very big room considering its Japan. Ample space and must be over 40sqm. Bathroom is very nice with rainshower and separate bath tub. As the hotel is quite new it is very well designed.

How is the exec. lounge?
Was not given club lounge access but it was available for 14,000 yen with an upgrade to a club room, I declined.

What was good and what was bad?

Good
Fast check in, with Japanese service you cannot go wrong! Everyone was friendly and it only cost me 1,900 yen to ship a suitcase to Tokyo!

Welcome gift included water, local snacks and chocolates with some fruit and 2 drinks at the very nice bar.
Booked it on points so was happy to get the Amb benefits and late checkout at 4pm.

Location was awesome in Osaka and great for grabbing the new year sales.

Bad
Nothing really.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

The Deluxe room with the views were going for over 100k yen when I checked so it was definitely worth the points redemption 35k! I would definitely come back. Fantastic hotel the staff are really polished even for Japanese standards.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat
IC Monterey

Booked Traditional King Room. Upgraded to Partial View King w/ Fire Place.

How are the rooms?

Room was spacious and nicely decorated. The balcony had a nice view of the ocean with seating which was nice for relaxing with the morning paper. Bathroom was bit with separate tub and shower

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

Good:
-Acknowledged as Plat Ambassador right away with quick check in.
-Welcome gift of standard chocolate, water and fruit basket.
-Staff was helpful, courteous, and prompt.
-They sell tickets to the Monterey Bay Aquarium at concierge that get you access for two days for the price of one (most hotels offer this deal, but it's still a nice benefit)
-Centrally located on Cannery Row. Didn't have to take the car out at all and walked everywhere

Bad:
-Valet Parking is $50/nt. Next time I'd park off site or go to self parking. Not a knock on the hotel as the price is mentioned on reservation.

Loved the hotel and would return. Decent value at $150/nt
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: ual 1M, AA Exe Plat, KAL Premium, Hilton & Hyatt Diamond, IHC PA, Marriott&SPG Gold,
Angry IC Asiana Saigon

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
No, very disappointed

Booked basic room (210 USD) for one night (Jan 2nd). Hotel claimed they offered double upgraded, the room 11th fl, very small, seemed just normal Two bed (impression on cleaner than Holyday inn express in US) could not find any special room at all, compared to Park Hyatt, (stayed Jan 3rd)

How are the rooms?
The room was just clean and normal room if you book franchise hotel such as Hilton/SPG/Marriott,

What was your welcome gift?
I received normal specified Platinum Ambassador amenity (4 kind of fruit, apple, not edible 2 mandarin, one (?)) specified in PA manual

How is the exec. lounge?
Not invited

arrived around midnight and checked out 3:00 pm, Not special at all and did not received any recognition on membership at all (3 pm check out for PA benefits if it is kind of benefits). Just one of normal franchise hotel

Value for $? Would you return?
If ever I find myself in Vietnam again, I would NOT stay at the IC Asiana Saigon at all, Very disappointed especially, they claimed double upgrade and found out myself this is one of kind room in any franchise hotel.

1/3: stayed at park Hyatt
Ľ: stayed back to IC Asiana Saigon residence (PAID 260 USD, the same treatment and impression on IC Asiana Saigon)

In summary, I have to say the IHG (PA) and Hyatt (Diamond), even not compare anything (Service/facility/breakfast/Loyal member program) to Park Hyatt
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by howdychang
What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

In summary, I have to say the IHG (PA) and Hyatt (Diamond), even not compare anything (Service/facility/breakfast/Loyal member program) to Park Hyatt
I am not quite sure that it is relevant to compare Platinum Ambassador with Hyatt Diamond.

As Royal Ambassador, I can say that I was very well treated at this hotel: upgrade to a great suite and access to the very nice club lounge.

Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle

Booked basic room (210 USD) for one night (Jan 2nd). Hotel claimed they offered double upgraded, the room 11th fl, very small, seemed just normal Two bed (impression on cleaner than Holyday inn express in US) could not find any special room at all, compared to Park Hyatt, (stayed Jan 3rd)

How are the rooms?
The room was just clean and normal room if you book franchise hotel such as Hilton/SPG/Marriott,
There is no difference in size at PH Saigon from standard, view or deluxe (the difference is balcony and/or view).

Basic room at IC Saigon is 38sqm, which is not small.

And by no way interior design may look like any HIX (Charles Eames' lounge chair, design bathtub).
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I am not quite sure that it is relevant to compare Platinum Ambassador with Hyatt Diamond.
...As I am not quite sure than you may compare Hyatt Kyoto with InterContinental Osaka

Stayed from Mar 21 – 24,
Personally this hotel is totally over exaggerated in terms of price and quality of service compared to other hotels in Japan (stayed Hyatt Osaka, Grand Hyatt Tokyo, Park Hyatt Tokyo Conrad, etc). Also I stayed Intercontinental Osaka (Mar 20) before I stayed this hotel. The reasons are as follow;
- Nothing is particular in room and decoration (small and furbished from a second class business hotel)
- Real maze to the fitness center, lack of facility for sauna (small little dry and two shower booth) and other facilities such as small elevator etc.
- Tried 3 dinners at Hotel restaurant, but it was no particular than street restaurant (Very rare to find rest nearby)
- Hear toilet flush from upper floor
- Torn down hotel directory
- Not convenience for neighbor facility except one museum (closed for maintence when I was there)

Consider to stay at Hotel in Osaka as base, then 30 minutes commuting as alternative. Since I stayed one night at Intercontinental Osaka before go to Hyatt Kyoto, the service that I received from Intercontinental Osaka (rated as 10/10 for survey) and Hyatt Kyoto (rated 3/10 for survey) was not comparable even I am Diamond in Hyatt and Platinum in IHG.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:53 pm

IC Marseille - Hotel Dieu

IC Marseille - Hotel Dieu (as a Spire Ambassador)

Booked a Executive King Harbor View Terrace using BOGO, received a Junior Suite Harbor View Terrace.

How are the rooms?
Very nice, though quite a bit more modern than we were expecting given the location and the exterior. Massive terrace overlooking the harbor.

How is the exec. lounge?
Sadly there isn't one.

Good
The junior suite was great, and the balcony was spectacular. We received two welcome gifts (bottle of wine with fruit) over the two day stay, and they extended the checkout to 5pm which was helpful.

Bad
Check in was pretty slow despite being the only ones there at the time, we weren't really recognized for being Spire Ambassadors, and we got an ADA room without glass on the shower, so the bathroom floor was constantly wet. Pretty minor complaints.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Great value. Between the BOGO and a points night added at the end, we got 3 nights in a 700 Euro room for a total of 550 Euro. I'll take that any day.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: IHG Spire Royal Ambassador, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangrila Golden Circles Diamond
IC Grand Stanford - Hong Kong

IC Grand Stanford - Hong Kong

Booked a King Premier Full Harbor View room, I was told that i was upgraded to a room with a better view [though i doubt].

How are the rooms?

The room was just ok. Decent is size (Around 40 sqm), the view was nice but not spectacular.

How is the exec. lounge?

No access granted

Good
I arrived at the Hotel very early (8am) and was given a room (smoking standard room though) to stay in until the room i had booked was made available.
Check-In was fast

Bad
The hotel is old
My room was made available at 5PM only.

Ambassador Gift
Mineral Water, Fruits, Chocolates and an IC Travel Eye Mask (that i didn't bother to take home).

Fair value for money. I would return for the early check-in
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Intercontinental London - The O2

Booked a King Superior, upgraded to Riverview Club Intercontinental Suite

How are the rooms?

Nice suite, view of south London and the O2. Very clean and new looking still.

How is the exec. lounge?

Not open yet.

The staff are all friendly and trying their best. The suite looked nice, but I do wonder if the designers ever stay in the rooms they design. For example, the desk has one plug socket, which the lamp uses. All the connectivity points, plugs and USB charging points are on a wall in the lounge area, near the dining table, or next to the bed. Blackout curtains work well, which some hotels seem to have problems with

If you're going to advertise an espresso machine (A tassimo), have some espresso capsules and cups, not just Costa Americano. There was fresh milk in the fridge though, which is a nice touch.

The free wifi was quite slow.

I booked on a good opening rate offer, so can't complain at all. Hotel still isn't fully operational but it's in a great location if you are at the o2 for an event. I'd go back if I got a good rate or needed to stay nearby. If you don't want somewhere central, or don't mind travelling, it's in a good location. No noisy roads outside to wake you up.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: QPPS, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador, HH Diamond
IC - Bangkok

Book Grande Deluxe, got upgraded to next category but the room looks exactly the same as Grande Deluxe but just on higher floor.

How are the rooms?
Standard IC Room.

How is the exec. lounge?
No access.

Service was the same as normal status member except they get a GRO to walk you to your room. I'm Spire Ambassador status but received the same benefits as Platinum status except for 2 buy-1-get-1 free drinks vouchers and a traditional rural thai loin cloth as ambassador gift.

I would as location is good and price is reasonable although status counts to almost nothing here.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:48 pm

IC LA Century City(as a Spire Ambassador)

Booked four nights (one paid + 3 on points) Superior with balcony. A couple weeks before the stay, my confirmation showed 1 King Bed Studio with balcony. Checked in and received a deluxe room (same rate as studio). Asked to be moved to the studio as it was on the written confirmation. Request was granted, but the design of the room is L shaped and clunky. So I traded balcony space for living space.

Fruit, water and a giant cupcake in the room. One free movie included.

VIP check in is off the lobby and not easily visible. A note prior to my arrival should have been sent indicating it as a check in option.
How are the rooms?
OK. The refurb is fine but nothing spectacular. The edge of the toilet is about 18 inches from the shower door. Room is extremely clean. No turndown offered on first night. There's a spray gun next to the toilet like the same one in my kitchen sink. Never seen that set up before. Very cheeky. wink. wink

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good
Quiet, peaceful hotel even when crowded.

Bad
$38 overnight parking, but it's to be expected.

EDIT: What a complete ripoff they add a 10% service charge to valet which they do not disclose in the rates. Can you imagine what $3.80 per car, per day adds up to over a year? Complete fraud.

value/return
Decent use of free nights. I'm looking forward to the IC opening downtown to see what kind of product they have to offer.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jan 20, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: CX SL, IHG PA
IC Grand Stanford Hong Kong

IC Grand Stanford Hong Kong

Booked 1 King Deluxe Harbour View, received Premium Full Harbour View.

How are the rooms?
The room was okay, very big windows facing the harbour, but the view is so-so.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge access.

Good:
Free shuttle to Tsim Sha Tsui and hourbour city. Nice front desk.
Received a box of chocolate as a gift. I like the box.
An eye mask as a gift, [though it looks cheap]
Free mobile phone as a wifi hot spot.

Bad:
Nothing particular.

Maybe no, because for this price, I would stay in IC HK instead.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: CX SL, IHG PA
IC Hong Kong

IC Hong Kong

Booked Intercontinental Superior Room with 2014's Into the Nights.
Upgraded to King Superior Plaza View Room

How are the rooms?
Very big, feels very comfortable in it.
A big working desk. A sofa.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge access.

Good:
An unbeatable view in the first floor lounge bar facing the Victoria Harbour
Stayed in the lounge bar for the Christmas Eve.
Very good attitude front desk.
Clean room.

Bad:
Nothing particular.

The IC HK is one of the best IC in the world.
Paid nights is worthy, let alone free nights/reward nights
Definitely return.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:15 pm

Venetian Las Vegas

Venetian Las Vegas

Booked Piazza suite, not given upgrade. Hotel said this was due to capacity, since I was using a weekend certificate.

How are the rooms?
Weird... kind of dated looking, with parts that are really nice (like the totally unnecessary marble foyer) but then other parts that are unfurnished and empty. Bathroom is huge, but the faucet on the hot tub was broken.

How is the exec. lounge?
Didn't get access.

I had arranged through the concierge for them to leave a birthday gift for my wife in my room (that I purchased and had shipped to the hotel), and they didn't. But, to make up for it, they gave us a $75 dining credit and sent flowers to the room - which I felt was pretty outstanding, given I had only asked for a favor that they weren't going to charge me for in the first place.

It's a lot of room for the money, but it's showing its age. I'd go back but would get a smaller/cheaper room and hope for an upgrade.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:55 pm

IC Athens

Booked standard club room, "upgraded" to Acropolis view club room

How are the rooms?

Big, though the colour scheme made it seem smaller - Mediterranean blue hues rather than the usual earthy palette. Understand that the club rooms haven't undergone renovation yet. Great view, especially at night.

How is the exec. lounge?
Club breakfast was good and extensive, lounge was a lovely space. Unfortunately we arrived too late for the evening offerings.

Good
Decent lounge, rooftop bar was stunning. Interestingly, pricing at the bar was "higher end of local" rather than "international 5*".

Bad
Welcome gift was 2 sesame bars which seemed a bit lean. No pool during winter.

At the off season price I paid, absolutely worth it. But I have no plans to return to central Athens soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.