Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matthew330Ci
Link to check your status: http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate16/dashboard

For the purposes of this and many of their other promotions, IHG divides their 'Holiday Inn' labeled properties into two groups- Holiday Inn Express and everything else- Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Resorts, Holiday Inn Select (yes, a few of those still exist), Holiday Inn Club Vacation.

Sample terms & conditions common from the 'stay 2 brands' requirement-

" Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of distinct IHG brand hotels between 1 January 2016 and 30 April 2016 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVENTM or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts® , Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation® properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance® Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand."

Cheapest way to satisfy "Earn When You Redeem" task: Digital download of a 3 point e-book. Look for Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It is also possible to book an award night and cancel once the task shows as completed on the Dashboard.

Points stays and cash + points stays do not count toward any stay or night tasks, except those tasks that tell you specifically that a points stay or a cash + points stay is required, since points stays and cash + points stays are not considered "qualifying" (they do not earn points), and all other tasks require "qualifying" nights/stays.

As of March 22, there were no reports of points and cash stays properly posting to the dashboard (for offers requiring a points+cash stay). IHG said it was aware of the problem and was working on a fix, but did not have a time frame. Around March 24/25, many people reported points and cash tasks finally posting to the dashboard.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2016 Promotion (January to April 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IHG Accelerate 2016 Promotion (January to April 2016)

IHG have released their promotion running from January 1 until April 30, 2016.

They have chosen to re-use the Accelerate name. Targets are individual yet again.

Details and sign-up information here... http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate16

or here... http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/off...6/registration

Last edited by craigthemif; Dec 15, 2015 at 10:28 am
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
The first thing to go through is this:

These “General Promotion Terms” shall govern all Offers under this Promotion.

You must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in “Accelerate” ("Promotion"). Upon Registration (as defined below), members will be presented with the opportunity to earn at least 30,000 bonus points upon completion of all offers presented. Members will be awarded bonus points listed for each individual Promotional offer ("Offer") after completing the requirements of each individual Offer. Each Offer must be completed between 1 January 2016 and 30 April 2016 (both dates inclusive) ("Registration"). The bonus points earned through individual Offers can be used for redemption opportunities towards Reward Nights, merchandise and other redemption opportunities. See individual Offers for the specific terms and conditions per Offer type. A Stay is defined as per IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN®or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. “Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Each Promotion Offer of bonus points is available only once to each member. No retroactive bonus points will be awarded for Stays prior to Registration. Except as otherwise stated in the terms and conditions, please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for Promotion Offer bonus points to be credited after checkout. This Promotion is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive Promotion is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected. IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer. Members must make any promotional inquiries by 60 days from the end of the campaign promotional period.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Just registered and I think this will be a fairly easy 71,400 Points for me
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Sounds good, especially if I understand correct the "complete 4 of 5 offers", since there are actually 6 offers

5,000 January Bonus Offer
Stay once in January and get 5,000 bonus points.
Terms

6,000 Stay Once Get 6,000
Thank you for choosing IHG. We'd like to see you again soon. Stay once and earn 6,000 bonus points.
Terms
Book Now
16,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 8 night(s) and earn 16,000 bonus points.
Terms
Book Now
4,000 Stay a Little Longer
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of four or more consecutive nights.
Terms
Book Now
1,000 Points Purchase
Earn 1,000 bonus points by purchasing IHG® Rewards Club points.
Terms
Buy Points
1,000 Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.
Terms
Redeem Now
22,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers above and earn (an additional) 22,000 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer).
Terms
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Terms

Thank you for choosing IHG. We'd like to see you again soon. Stay once and earn 6,000 bonus points.
Terms
Book Now
22,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 11 night(s) and earn 22,000 bonus points.
Terms
Book Now
5,400 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 5,400 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you use a combination of points and cash.
Terms
Book Now
33,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 3 offers above and earn (an additional) 33,000 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer).
Terms
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by FFlash
Sounds good, especially if I understand correct the "complete 4 of 5 offers", since there are actually 6 offers

[I]5,000 January Bonus Offer
I think the January bonus offer does not count towards the 4 of 5.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:42 am

55k total

A marked improvement for Q1 when compared against Q1/2015 and the current promotion.

5,000 - Stay in January
6,000 - Stay once
26,000 - 13 nights
4,000 - Weekend stay (2 nights minimum)
1,000 - Make a points redemption
13,0000 - Complete 3 of 4.

Definitely looks like the January is just a bonus one as it's also a different colour to the rest of the offers.

Quite happy with this, definitely better than the thirty-odd nights that are required for the current promo.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:44 am

Dont quite understand my offer or is it me?!

See below

Earn 58,520 total bonus points.

Complete all of your Accelerate 2016 offers and earn 58,520 total bonus points.

My Offers

18,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 9 night(s) and earn 18,000 bonus points. Terms

3,520 Travel with the IHG® App
Book 3 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 3,520 bonus points.

3,600 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you use a combination of points and cash. Terms

1,000 Points Purchase
Earn 1,000 bonus points by purchasing IHG® Rewards Club points.

21,400 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers above and earn (an additional) 21,400 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer).

Originally Posted by craigthemif
IHG have released their promotion running from January 1 until April 30, 2016.

They have chosen to re-use the Accelerate name. Targets are individual yet again.

Details and sign-up information here... http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate16

or here... http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/off...6/registration
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:13 pm

Nice promotion after I had to skip the current one which set some truly unrealistic goals but even this one has some things in it which must be a mistake (see below).

Terms

Terms

Book Now
28,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 14 night(s) and earn 28,000 bonus points.
Terms

10,000 A Luxurious Weekend
Stay at an (1) InterContinental® hotel for the weekend and earn 10,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay are required.
Terms

17,600 Globetrotter Bonus
Earn 17,600 bonus points for staying at 3 IHG hotel(s) outside of your country of residence. You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country.
Terms

Book Now
17,600 Globetrotter Bonus
Earn 17,600 bonus points for staying at 3 IHG hotel(s) outside Greater China (including mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan). You need to be a resident in China
Terms
[B](Guys, I am living in the Middle East and have never even been to China once in my life ?!!!)

Book Now
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of four or more consecutive nights.
Terms

Terms
Book Now

1,000 Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.
Terms
Redeem Now

28,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of the 7 offers above and earn (an additional) 28,000 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer).
Terms

I don't know how that Chinese Globetrotter Bonus slipped in ... certainly a mistake ! But the bonus of 99,600 points is achievable fulfilling all others !
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Safiye2015
I don't know how that Chinese Globetrotter Bonus slipped in ... certainly a mistake ! But the bonus of 99,600 points is achievable fulfilling all others !
If you like your targets, make sure to take a screenshot. IHG have been known to completely change individual targets after the promo has started. And if you fix that China glitch you might find everything else changes. Better to have some proof.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
My offer has a total of 58k points at stake. On the spectrum of difficulty from "Easy" to "Medium" to "Hard", I rate my goals as a medium challenge to achieve. A few of them I'll get from my normal stay pattern-- which is nice. Promos should reinforce existing customer relationships. A few of the goals would require me to stretch a bit. That's good, too; promos should encourage customers to buy more. And none of my goals are laughably out of reach. Promos backfire when they cause customers to say, "Ha ha, no. I'll take my business elsewhere."
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:48 pm

3,000 Stay Once Get 3,000

30,000 Double Points
Earn double points starting with your second stay (up to 30,000 bonus points).

rather stupid challenge :/
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:34 pm

Here's my offer with right around 50 IHG nights this year:

5,000 January Bonus Offer - Stay once in January and get 5,000 bonus points.

5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000 - Thank you for choosing IHG. We'd like to see you again soon. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More - Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

3,600 Stay for Less and Earn - Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you use a combination of points and cash.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card - Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

1,000 Earn When You Redeem - You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

28,900 Your Achievement Bonus

Complete 4 of the 5 offers above and earn (an additional) 28,900 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer). Terms
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
total on offer => 128,500 (101,500 + 27,000 6/7 bonus)

1. 5,000 January Bonus Offer (EASY TARGET)

2. 6,000 Stay Once (EASY TARGET)
Get 6,000

3. 42,000 Stay More, Earn More (EASY TARGET)
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 21 night(s) and earn 42,000 bonus points.

4. 22,400 Globetrotter Bonus (OKish TARGET as traveling anyway)
Earn 22,400 bonus points for staying at 4 IHG hotel(s) outside of your country of residence.
You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country.

5. 17,200 Corporate Account Bonus (NUISANCE .. FORCES HOTEL HOPPING)
Stay 15 time(s) using your negotiated rate and earn 17,200 bonus points.
(RUBBISH OFFER AS PER STAY .... FORCES ME TO HOTEL HOP AS PROMO ONLY 16WEEKS LONG ! )
(ANNOYING AS FORCES HOTEL HOPPING ON EG 8 DAY IC BKK STAY... SO FORCES NON-IC IHG NIGHTS .... GRRRR)

6. 4,000 Stay a Little Longer (EASY TARGET).
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of four or more consecutive nights
(but means one week lost as a 1x corp rate stay)

7. 3,900 Eat, Drink, and Earn (POOR VALUE TARGET .. equates to 21nights x us$20 spend)
Spend $420 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 3,900 bonus points
(so with 20% vat = us$500 ... NO THANK YOU )
(excludes room servce meals too ! )

8. 1,000 Earn When You Redeem (EASY TARGET)

9. 27,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of the 7 offers above and earn (an additional) 27,000 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer)

Last edited by scubaccr; Dec 15, 2015 at 2:01 pm
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:47 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Just a question for clarification :

I know that stays (for accelerate) have to be qualifying to be counted.

What about nights bought by points ? Will they count towards "Stay 5 nights"?

My Accelerate Q1 Tasks :

January Bonus 5.000
Stay Once 6.000
Stay 5 Nights 10.000
Redeem points 1.000
BONUS 33.000
----------------------
Total 55.000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.