60 Points for renewing elite status

Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation 60 Points for renewing elite status

Hey ya'll,

I have IHG Gold Status, which is expiring in December 2015. I don't plan to have any IHG stays anymore ( not IHG at least, but maybe other brands ). I have 9,940 points out of 10,000 required points for my gold status renewal!!!!! For 60 points I'm going to lose my gold status !!!!!!! Can someone help me?!?! Is there any other way for me to earn 60 POINTS that are ELITE QUALIFYING!?!?! I know some people to find Gold status to be a bit low value, but I want to maintain as many as elite status's I have earned- but I don't wanna give up for 60 points and I'm not gonna make a stay for 60 points. Please help

Thanks,

Henil
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by henilrocks2001
I don't plan to have any IHG stays anymore

Why do you want to keep it then . Anyway, check if you can earn some points via IHG partners (car rental, etc..).
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Voucher
Why do you want to keep it then . Anyway, check if you can earn some points via IHG partners (car rental, etc..).
Hahahahaha LOL sorry I wasn't very clear - I meant this year but I've already got a couple stays in Houston and New Orleans for business booked next year, and I'd rather add on to the 10 nights I'll earn this year, so I'll be ahead towards earning platinum status next year. So basically, if I earn my 10 nights gold status this year, I'll just need 30 nights next year compared to restarting 40 nights. And I can save 10 nights just by earning 60 points
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Hahahahaha LOL sorry I wasn't very clear - I meant this year but I've already got a couple stays in Houston and New Orleans for business booked next year, and I'd rather add on to the 10 nights I'll earn this year, so I'll be ahead towards earning platinum status next year. So basically, if I earn my 10 nights gold status this year, I'll just need 30 nights next year compared to restarting 40 nights. And I can save 10 nights just by earning 60 points
It doesn't work that way. IHG qualification is calendar year. So you start again at zero in 2016.

To retain gold you need to stay again at an IHG hotel.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 12:18 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
It doesn't work that way. IHG qualification is calendar year. So you start again at zero in 2016.

To retain gold you need to stay again at an IHG hotel.
Or spend money on the IHG credit card, though if you had one you'd already be platinum (and I assume you have a reason for not having the card).
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:14 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voucher

Join erewards via any airline or IHG and you will have IHG as a redemption option. You will have to earn $30 in survey money which will get you 1000 elite points. Maybe it will take you mid December to work up to that amount but it's relatively easy
Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Join erewards via any airline or IHG and you will have IHG as a redemption option. You will have to earn $30 in survey money which will get you 1000 elite points. Maybe it will take you mid December to work up to that amount but it's relatively easy
just out of interest, any way of actually getting a uk ihg sign up link for e-rewards ?

my mums got the ihg card and had it back when the sign up points counted towards status, now she could end up a couple of thousand short of spire status depending on her spend.

convincing her to book a night or 2 at a hix might work but something simpler would be nice

cs
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
just out of interest, any way of actually getting a uk ihg sign up link for e-rewards ?

my mums got the ihg card and had it back when the sign up points counted towards status, now she could end up a couple of thousand short of spire status depending on her spend.

convincing her to book a night or 2 at a hix might work but something simpler would be nice

cs
At least for the US IHG card, points from spending count towards status.

I found this link that looks to work for the UK e-rewards sign up.

https://www.e-rewards.co.uk/Enroll.d...9i3l1&secure=1
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
If the original poster is based in the States, joining the Rewards Network dining program should rack up 60 qualifying points in only a couple of meals.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Any idea if purchasing points or transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards points will earn me that elite status? I'm fine with purchasing 1000 points for $13.50 if that renews my elite status, or transferring points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.