Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak - scheduled to open July 2017 (pre-opening Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak - scheduled to open July 2017 (pre-opening Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:10 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by demue
$130 for the IC is about as low as it'll get during low season. I wad there last year in the first week of Nov and it was actually very pleasant weather contrary to our fear of lots of rain. Book a rate with breakfast and you'll enjoy, the grounds at the IC cannot be matched by most hotels in Bali. Jimbaran is quiet and relaxing, depends what you like.

Of course, if you are okay with not staying in a super central top locations and want a modern, clean room with a decent inclusive breakfast (don't compare to full service hotels) then the HiX Bali Raya Kuta is a steal at 30$ average a night.

I would not pay 263$ at the Indigo in Nov which is super low season, plus assuming that price is excl. tax and service you need to add 21% on top of the rate per night. No, it can't be that great, maybe in high season those prices will fly, but not in Nov. If you are keen on the place, 30k points is decent value vs. the money they are trying to charge. YMMV
I am thinking of redeeming points to stay at this hotel.

Firstly, I have never been to Bali. I want to be near the nightlife and club scenes. While I am an IC fan, it seems that this Indigo hotel may be a better choice using points. I'm not going to pay $263/night when I could stay at the IC for literally half of that.

I have read that most of the newer nightclubs are in the Seminyak area.

Is the beach here decent?

Again.....for 30k points/night it sounds like it might be a great place for 4 nights of partying....plus I could write up a trip report for this forum!

The other option would be the IC but hiring a driver for 4 days. How much would a driver cost and where should I look to find one?

Last edited by 355F1; Jul 30, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If partying and hanging out in trendy clubs is what you are looking for then the Indigo will be a good choice from a location perspective and aside from teething issues as a new hotel should meet your criteria well. If you got the points and want to burn them, why not, as value for points after adding 21% service and tax would get you over 1 US cent per point which is very good. YMMV.

Ohh just consider a refundable booking at the IC or another hotel in Seminyak as a back up in case the Indigo opening gets delayed.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:59 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

If partying and hanging out in trendy clubs is what you are looking for then the Indigo will be a good choice from a location perspective and aside from teething issues as a new hotel should meet your criteria well. If you got the points and want to burn them, why not, as value for points after adding 21% service and tax would get you over 1 US cent per point which is very good. YMMV.

Ohh just consider a refundable booking at the IC or another hotel in Seminyak as a back up in case the Indigo opening gets delayed.
Since I arrive on a Tuesday, I think I might stay at the IC 2 nights, then move to either the Indigo or the $33/night HIX (I honestly don't care about 5-star hotels if there are options as cheap as this) for the rest of my trip.

I have a few months to decide. But the Indigo is supposed to open Nov 1; I am going over Thanksgiving weekend so hopefully it should be up and running. haha!

I've only stayed in 1 Hotel INdigo--the one in Bangkok. I liked it quite a bit. ANd yes, I have the points to burn. But again....it's really hard burning points when I know I would be okay with a HIX for $33/night. I had a good time in Cape Town and their HIX was dirt cheap, too. It was nice, actually!

I will post my trip up no matter what I decide.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:13 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
I am thinking of redeeming points to stay at this hotel.

Firstly, I have never been to Bali. I want to be near the nightlife and club scenes. While I am an IC fan, it seems that this Indigo hotel may be a better choice using points. I'm not going to pay $263/night when I could stay at the IC for literally half of that.

I have read that most of the newer nightclubs are in the Seminyak area.

Is the beach here decent?

Again.....for 30k points/night it sounds like it might be a great place for 4 nights of partying....plus I could write up a trip report for this forum!

The other option would be the IC but hiring a driver for 4 days. How much would a driver cost and where should I look to find one?
http://www.balicab.com/ was pretty awesome when I tried it the last time. Although, i would engage a tour service such as "Natan Hospitality" for touring around bandung for a day, which consists of a driver AND tourguide.
The reason is because drivers in bali arent tour guides and you won't be able to talk to them properly during commutes, neither will they accompany you to the sites and brief you on the rich history. Since this is your first time in Bali, i thought this arrangement might benefit you.

The new indigo hotel is located in the seminyak area, which has an abundance of beach clubs like potatohead, ku de ta (amazing sunsets here) etc. It is also not far from the central Kuta area with smaller nightclubs.

30k/night seems great for indigo and I'm personally considering booking 5 nights with cash and points there. (20k + $70usd) Although, not sure how great Indigos are at awarding spire benefits on point stays.

The IC is awesome, and I would recommend club access along with your stay for the drinks at the sunset bar at the beach. I did a review of this property on flyertalk here : http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...lex-suite-1154
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:35 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jedicat666
http://www.balicab.com/ was pretty awesome when I tried it the last time. Although, i would engage a tour service such as "Natan Hospitality" for touring around bandung for a day, which consists of a driver AND tourguide.
The reason is because drivers in bali arent tour guides and you won't be able to talk to them properly during commutes, neither will they accompany you to the sites and brief you on the rich history. Since this is your first time in Bali, i thought this arrangement might benefit you.

The new indigo hotel is located in the seminyak area, which has an abundance of beach clubs like potatohead, ku de ta (amazing sunsets here) etc. It is also not far from the central Kuta area with smaller nightclubs.

30k/night seems great for indigo and I'm personally considering booking 5 nights with cash and points there. (20k + $70usd) Although, not sure how great Indigos are at awarding spire benefits on point stays.

The IC is awesome, and I would recommend club access along with your stay for the drinks at the sunset bar at the beach. I did a review of this property on flyertalk here : http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...lex-suite-1154
I can't justify 30k points per night when there are good hotels for $35/night nearby. I like to use my points in cities where there are no cheap options--like Paris and London.

So...

So, I just booked my hotels.

Tue/Wed nights: IC Bali $137/night (not going to get Club Access but may pay for Breakfast if offered at check-in)

Thu/Fri/ nights: Ibis Styles Petiteenget (brand new hotel--opened in June, in Seminyak for $35/night)

Sat/Sun nights: HIX Kuta $33/night

I have never changed hotels in a city so this will be interesting and give me a taste of different neighborhoods!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:46 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by 355F1
I can't justify 30k points per night when there are good hotels for $35/night nearby. I like to use my points in cities where there are no cheap options--like Paris and London.

So...

So, I just booked my hotels.

Tue/Wed nights: IC Bali $137/night (not going to get Club Access but may pay for Breakfast if offered at check-in)

Thu/Fri/ nights: Ibis Styles Petiteenget (brand new hotel--opened in June, in Seminyak for $35/night)

Sat/Sun nights: HIX Kuta $33/night

I have never changed hotels in a city so this will be interesting and give me a taste of different neighborhoods!
Thats totally understandable, HIX Kuta is really good for the price offered !
I booked 3 nights on points for Indigo Seminyak at the end of 2016 including new years eve and day.

Total value was 136usd/10,000points which was more than the 110usd/10,000points value for my stay at IC HK, so i don't seem too disappointed with that.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:38 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jedicat666
Thats totally understandable, HIX Kuta is really good for the price offered !
I booked 3 nights on points for Indigo Seminyak at the end of 2016 including new years eve and day.

Total value was 136usd/10,000points which was more than the 110usd/10,000points value for my stay at IC HK, so i don't seem too disappointed with that.
Well I hope you have a great time! I will be in Thailand NYE--not sure which city yet as we haven't gotten that far in our planning yet. Headed there for 10 days with my bro and his wife. I went earlier this year but they have never been.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:01 pm

Datapoint: The opening of the Indigo Bali has now been pushed back to December 2016.

I had a confirmed reservation using 30K reward points/night in November which can no longer happen. I called in and IHG was able to credit me an additional 10,000 points per night to use the points (30+10K) at the IHG Bali instead which has a rate of 40K points/night.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
IC Bali right? Not bad. Nice gesture.

Regarding the push of the opening date of the Indigo, not unexpected and may not be the last delay we have seen.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:25 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by simchi
Datapoint: The opening of the Indigo Bali has now been pushed back to December 2016.

I had a confirmed reservation using 30K reward points/night in November which can no longer happen. I called in and IHG was able to credit me an additional 10,000 points per night to use the points (30+10K) at the IHG Bali instead which has a rate of 40K points/night.
Wow, making me worried about my dec stay ><
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:45 pm

Have a back up plan (property) booked. Delays in opening hotels are normal anywhere in the world and this is Indonesia. While I love the place and the people, getting projects ( especially construction) ready in time isn't one of the strengths.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:58 am

IC Bali right? Not bad. Nice gesture.

Regarding the push of the opening date of the Indigo, not unexpected and may not be the last delay we have seen.
Yea, I thought that was a nice gesture too. They suggested booking at another property as an alternative and recommended the IC Bali, but instead of transferring the booking per their suggestion, I just asked for the points instead and let them know I would make the booking myself and they happily obliged.

Just a nice data point for those that may be impacted by a December delay. At this point I'd probably opt for a cash booking at $130 than burn 40K/night in points for the IC Bali.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:56 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by simchi
Yea, I thought that was a nice gesture too. They suggested booking at another property as an alternative and recommended the IC Bali, but instead of transferring the booking per their suggestion, I just asked for the points instead and let them know I would make the booking myself and they happily obliged.

Just a nice data point for those that may be impacted by a December delay. At this point I'd probably opt for a cash booking at $130 than burn 40K/night in points for the IC Bali.
Definitely agree to this.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:53 am

Reading this I'm rather concerned about the 4 nights I've booked on points from 1st December! We will be on the island for 8 nights beforehand and staying at the IC immediately before. Not sure if I should book something cancellable to cover those 4 nights at the Indigo.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:34 pm

My two cents is that having pushed the opening to December, they'll do all they can to meet it. Why? They want to take bookings for the Christmas and New Year's period and rake in the cash. And if they have to push the opening further.... there won't be many places in Bali for them to push those cancelled bookings to over that festive period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.