Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
IHG Accelerate Fall / End of year promotion 2015

Stay dates 1 September 2015 and 31 December 2015, inclusive.

Offer page: http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/off...ffer/dashboard

FAQ:

Q: Is there any way to change to different offers?
A: No.

Q: Can the same stay count towards multiple offers?
A: Yes, as long as it meets the terms of the individual offers, it will count for all of them. The same stay can count towards staying once, staying more, staying at a brand, staying on a weekend, booking with the app, paying with the credit card, and so on.

Q: Really? Seems too easy.
A: Yes, really.

Q: Do Cash and Points rates count as qualifying stays/nights?
A: No. Neither do award nights.

Q: How long does it take for completed items to show on the dashboard?
A: Various posters say their activities took 1 to 14 days to show.

Q: For "Change Your View" offer, can I stay at the same Holiday Inn more than once?
A: No, the stays must each be at different hotels to count separately.

Q: For "Change Your View" offer, does Holiday Inn Express count as a Holiday Inn?
A: No, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn are different brands.

Q: For "Discover Our Brands" offer, can I count both Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn separately?
A: Yes, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn are different brands.

Q: For "Eat, Drink and Earn" offer, must the food and beverage spend amount be a single transaction?
A: No, you can spread the spend amount across multiple transactions and multiple stays, to achieve the required total.

Q: If check in is in August, but check out is on September 1, will that count at all?
A: It appears that checkouts on September do not qualify.

Q: If check in is in August, but check out is after September 1, will that count at all?
A: No, check in must be Sept 1 or later. For stays starting in August and ending September 2 or later, it appears the September 1st and onward nights do count (e.g. Aug xx to Sep 3 = 2 nights).

Q: Do I need to make my reservations after September 1?
A: No, you can book now, or use bookings from before the promo was announced, as long as the stays are consumed starting Sept 1.

Terms and Conditions (as of 8/24/15):
You must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in Accelerate ("Promotion"). Upon Registration, members will be presented with the opportunity to earn at least 50,000 bonus points upon completion of all offers presented. Members will be awarded bonus points listed for each individual Promotional offer ("Offer") after completing the requirements of each individual Offer. Each Offer must be completed between 1 September 2015 and 31 December 2015 (both dates inclusive) ("Registration"). The bonus points earned through individual Offers can be used for redemption opportunities toward Reward Nights, merchandise and other redemption opportunities. See individual Offers for the specific terms and conditions per Offer type. A Stay is defined per IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (Stay). A Stay constitutes a Qualifying Stay when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVENor HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHGs sole discretion. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Each Promotion Offer of bonus points is available only once to each member. No retroactive bonus points will be awarded for Stays prior to Registration. Except as otherwise stated in the terms and conditions, please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for Promotion Offer bonus points to be credited after checkout .This Promotion is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive Promotion is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a members account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer. Members must make any promotional inquiries by 60 days from the end of the campaign promotional period.
NEW Member offer
Stay twice and get a Free Night.

Must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer. Free Nights earned are applicable only to the room nights and privileges specifically provided by this Promotion and supporting Offers, at IHGs discretion, and are not comparable with IHG Rewards Club Reward Night (redeemed by points) or any other room nights. To be eligible for this Offer you must complete a Stay (as defined below), on two separate occasions, throughout the period of 1 September 2015 to 31 December 2015 (inclusive). Free Nights earned from any such Stay, must be redeemed by 31 December 2016. A Stay is defined per IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (Stay). A Stay constitutes a Qualifying Stay when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Free Nights are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHGs sole discretion. Only one room per member per Stay will be awarded the applicable Free Nights. Free Nights can only be used in IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption of Free Night is subject to availability. The hotel room type provided by the hotels relating to this promotion shall be determined at IHGs discretion. Free Nights shall be redeemed on first-come and first-served basis. Redemptions must be made 24 hours in advance by logging in to the member account on www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Cancellation or changes must be made 48 hours prior to 6 P.M. of arrival date. Any changes or cancellation after that will be deemed to be a no show, and the Free Night credit will be removed from member's IHG Rewards Club account. Individual hotels cancellation policy applies to the use of the Free Night. Cancellation fees apply if cancellation is made outside of the hotels cancelation time period. Free Nights cannot be exchanged for cash and are not transferrable in the system to other members and guests. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's Free Night reward or cancel a members account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate End of year promotion (2015)

Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
One of my components involved using points, so I checked the fine print. Reward Stays must be BOOKED after Sept. 1st; pre-existing reservations do NOT count!
I looked at the terms for paid stays and do not see any language re this for them. It does say "Must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration")." Does this mean pre-existing should be changed to after registration? I may change my pre-existing just to be safe. But thoughts?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
One of my components involved using points, so I checked the fine print. Reward Stays must be BOOKED after Sept. 1st; pre-existing reservations do NOT count!
We'll have to wait until the first reports come in in September to find out whether that is really necessary.

Alternatively, there are plenty of e-books available for just 150 points and downloading such a book should also count.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I looked at the terms for paid stays and do not see any language re this for them. It does say "Must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration")." Does this mean pre-existing should be changed to after registration? I may change my pre-existing just to be safe. But thoughts?
I said it applies to Reward stays, not paid (if using points is one of your components).
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I got:

5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points. Terms
Book Now

6,800 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 6,800 bonus points. Terms
Book Now

1,500 Spend on your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points. Terms
Book Now

36,700 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of 4 offers and earn (an additional) 36,700 bonus points.
I might do the whole create a new acct for the free nights thing...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I'm a Spire elite. My offer is relatively simple:

Earn 50,000 total bonus points
  • Stay Once Get 5,000
  • Stay More, Earn More
    Stay 7 nights and earn 9,200 bonus points.
  • A Bonus Weekend Stay
    Stay for the weekend (Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun) and earn 4,000 bonus points.
  • Spend on your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card
    Book and pay for one stay with your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points.
  • Your Achievement Bonus
    Complete 3 of 5 offers and earn (an additional) 30,300 bonus points.

Of course there are only 4 offers so I'm not sure what "3 of 5" means. But it looks like I can complete 3 of the offers with just a two-night weekend stay to unlock the 30.3k bonus. Nice!

Last edited by darthbimmer; Aug 24, 2015 at 5:26 pm
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Getting an error on my GFs account when I go to register. Anyone else?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:43 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Very Happy with Mine !

5,000 Stay Once
6,800 Stay 5 Nights
8,800 Stay at 3 Holiday Inn hotel
1,600 Spend $160 on food or beverages at IHG hotels
1,000 Donate points to Charity

26,800 Complete 4 of 5 offers.

Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinium
Originally Posted by csyoung49
Spire Ambassador - Earn 57,000 total bonus points.

Complete all your offers to get 57,000 total bonus points

5,000 September Bonus Play
Stay once in September and earn 5,000 bonus points.

Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

5,000 Stay 3 Nights
Stay 3 nights and earn 5,000 bonus points.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 points after night 6.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 points after night 9.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 points after night 12.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 points after night 15.

30,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 30,000 points after night 18.
Is this a joke.. my mom has IHG account (she never used it) and her offers are same as Spire Ambasador...

I created her account last year to see what task she need to do in order to complete "Into The Nights 2014" promo. Her balance is 400 points (2 survey).

Best Regards IHG team.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:51 am

I got one of those idiotic 2x5k for a single stay in September, but then have to do a shiteton of stays for anything past that =/ Guess that means I only need one paid stay this fall...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
62,800 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 49 night(s)
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:05 am

Does anyone know the details of the free nights? Specifically the expiry?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Mine is as follows: The achievement is to obtain 4 of out 6, but I only have 5 offer. Wonder where's the 6th offer?

Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

32,400 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 25 night(s) and earn 32,400 bonus points.

3,600 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 3 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash.

4,000 Member Exclusive Rate Bonus
Book 2 stays with the Member Exclusive rate and earn 4,000 bonus points.

4,200 Eat, Drink and Earn
Spend $440 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 4,200 bonus points.

8,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of 6 offers and earn (an additional) 8,000 bonus points. Terms
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
My friend who is a PLT AMB got the following offer:

Complete all your offers to get 58,800 total bonus points

5,000 September Bonus Play
Stay once in September and earn 5,000 bonus points.

6,800 Stay 5 Nights
Stay 5 nights and earn 6,800 bonus points.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 points after night 8.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 points after night 11.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 points after night 14.

3,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 3,000 points after night 17.

30,000 Stay 3 more nights
Get an additional 30,000 points after night 20.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I'm with you - mine couldn't be any easier:

1- Stay Once Get 5,000 bonus points.
2- Stay 5 night(s) and earn 6,800 bonus points.
3- Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.
4- Book and pay for one stay with your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points.

Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of 5 offers and earn (an additional) 34,700 bonus points.

They only show 4 of 5 for me, but who cares. All I need to do is stay one night at the Bonus Points Package rate and pay with my credit card and I'll end up with 41,700 points

Doubtful I'll even bother with the other 5 nights for the 6,800 bonus points.
Ditto across the board. How easy is this? From what I can tell, it looks like I only have to stay one night, as long as I do it at a "bonus package" rate, to get all but the 6,800.

I'm getting a little weirded out by the 3 out of 5 language, though. Given past behavior, I have no doubt that there could come a time when we get a message saying, "Sorry, we forgot to list one of the activities and it's 4 out of 5." I'm not counting on that happening, but I count out nothing with IHG.

Mike
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by scoobybpc
Does anyone know the details of the free nights? Specifically the expiry?
Figured it out. December 2016

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.