Wiki Posts
Search

RA new criteria now is under review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
can be solved based on actual spend, i'd suggest say USD10K for RA

currently 40 HI nights @what USD100, and 20 IC nights @USD200 equates to 8K, plus addition ancillary spend.

my stay pattern has changed considerably over the past year, but i always get two suites, so spend is significant, but get the same number of nights as customers that take a single suite.

i think based on actual spend would be far more attractive to IHG, and customers, no matter what type.
Though on same basis since you only occupy 1x room personally per night, you would only receive "Spend Credited Points" for one room each night , just like you receive just one qual night under current method, and then only if the room rate is a paid qualifying rate, just like today.

More easily and fairly solved if IHG add a secondary RA qualoption of Spend, sitting alongside total nights, in effect similar to what Hilton do already

Several RAs have historically reported they renewed with less than usually required nights when they have high spend, so their may be some secret spend threshold already.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Though on same basis since you only occupy 1x room personally per night, you would only receive "Spend Credited Points" for one room each night , just like you receive just one qual night under current method, and then only if the room rate is a paid qualifying rate, just like today.

More easily and fairly solved if IHG add a secondary RA qualoption of Spend, sitting alongside total nights, in effect similar to what Hilton do already

Several RAs have historically reported they renewed with less than usually required nights when they have high spend, so their may be some secret spend threshold already.
i pay for two suites a night to accommodate my family members, unlike say, paying for an employee, for instance. I would hope the entire spend wld count towards qualification.

i don't disagree with that dual qualification concept, two roads to RA. i believe it wld be better for IHG, and all customers, not matter what type.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Hence the "invitation only" caveat, which is perfect. No need to change anything.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Lightbulb Throw every $ into single bill

Btw, I've always get credit for booking multiple rooms at the same stay, there are actually 2 ways to ensure that:

1- book more than 1 room under "single" reservation.
2- (if each room had different booking number) then upon checkout, ask to move all the other rooms expenses into the main room, therefore u will get points for all what been payed.

*Though the qualifying nights will remain for 1 room of course.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Voucher
Btw, I've always get credit for booking multiple rooms at the same stay, there are actually 2 ways to ensure that:

1- book more than 1 room under "single" reservation.
2- (if each room had different booking number) then upon checkout, ask to move all the other rooms expenses into the main room, therefore u will get points for all what been payed.

*Though the qualifying nights will remain for 1 room of course.
my experience has been no variation re different folio numbers, or all spend put through back to the one folio number/room, i always get the total spend for points, just the qualifying nights are always classified as "overlapping Stay" so i pay for double the room nights i get rewarded for, that's the disappointing aspect, that motivates me to suggest a more equitable system wld be based on spend^
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
my experience has been no variation re different folio numbers, or all spend put through back to the one folio number/room, i always get the total spend for points, just the qualifying nights are always classified as "overlapping Stay" so i pay for double the room nights i get rewarded for, that's the disappointing aspect, that motivates me to suggest a more equitable system wld be based on spend^

So that possibly gives rise to every manager, organiser, deciding it is advantageous to book rooms for their team against their own IHG account to earn unwarranted points and unwarranted fast track to elite status

So instead of hitting RA only after 60nights, you would hit RA After 30nights of 2rooms/night.

So yes have a spend goal for RA but only on 1x room a night , dependent on room rate being paid-qualifying rate, as paid qual nights is required for RA qual currently

You don't get the airline. Miles for buying your family tickets either
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:39 am

So that possibly gives rise to every manager, organiser, deciding it is advantageous to book rooms for their team against their own IHG account to earn unwarranted points and unwarranted fast track to elite status

So instead of hitting RA only after 60nights, you would hit RA After 30nights of 2rooms/night.

So yes have a spend goal for RA but only on 1x room a night , dependent on room rate being paid-qualifying rate, as paid qual nights is required for RA qual currently

You don't get the airline. Miles for buying your family tickets either
i think that would be a commercially astute strategic call by IHG to award people status that influence that much business, ie for key decision makers, but irrespective, i'm actually talking about suites utilised exclusively by my family, not employees, as mentioned initially.

YMMV, but i do get airline miles for buying my family tickets, specifically with BA, with a collective family account, and on other carriers, in my spouse's, and children's respective accounts.

on average i spend about $600 - $1000 a night depending on the property, including qualified ancillary spend, at Intercon properties exclusively, so the 60 night RA threshold is at a cost of USD36K to 60K, revenue for IHG v a much less attractive route from IHG's perspective, 40 HI nights @USD75, and 20 IC nights @$150, ie total revenue of USD6K.

Last edited by Tim O'Brien; Sep 12, 2015 at 11:28 am
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:06 am

Was getting a bit worried given all of the speculation on here but just renewed with similar totals as a previous poster: 61 nights, with 23 at 11 different ICs.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Banie
Was getting a bit worried given all of the speculation on here but just renewed with similar totals as a previous poster: 61 nights, with 23 at 11 different ICs.
^^

Still, remember that all of the speculation are mainly fed by comments / rumors based on nothing tangible or official (the same for this very thread, posted by someone having written ...8 posts).

As we know that Royal Ambassador status is simply great (and no other competitor has any equivalent program), don't be surprised that - at the very moment IHG does not publish anymore the exact number of nights needed - anyone can say anything at anytime without the slightest official information.

So I am afraid that there will be a lot more comments based on nothing after this post...

Last edited by nicolas75; Sep 7, 2015 at 3:47 am
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Still, remember that all of the speculation are mainly fed by comments / rumors based on nothing tangible or official (the same for this very thread, posted by someone having written ...8 posts).
I don't agree. There were enough speculations based on emails or actions by IHG.

And I'm quite sure, that the requirements for RA are already higher. I think 70 or 75/30/3.

The fact that they requalify in August and September based on the old 60/20/3 rule, proves nothing but that they try to be fair. And of course there are enough countries, where the justice would agree with a customer, who was told about the old rule in July but wasn't requalified in August because the changed the rules to get the status on the rules he was told.

In my opinion they should only count IC nights for RA and about 50 or 60 should qualify for the highest IC status. There's no reason at all to count HI nights or spendings for an IC status.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by thbe

In my opinion they should only count IC nights for RA and about 50 or 60 should qualify for the highest IC status. There's no reason at all to count HI nights or spendings for an IC status.
I'm just guessing, but could this have been posted by someone with lots of IC nights ?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
And of course there are enough countries, where the justice would agree with a customer, who was told about the old rule in July but wasn't requalified in August because the changed the rules to get the status on the rules he was told.
Noone was told about the rules, because a rumor read on an Internet forum does not qualify as official corporate communication Even had you received an official letter from IHG stating the rules (which you won't because they don't publicize them), there is still the small print that regardless of any rules, Royal Ambassador is by invitation only, at their sole discretion. So, I wouldn't tread the legalese path here...
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle

And I'm quite sure, that the requirements for RA are already higher. I think 70 or 75/30/3.
Based on what?
Again pure speculation that goes against the facts and official information.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
Noone was told about the rules, because a rumor read on an Internet forum does not qualify as official corporate communication Even had you received an official letter from IHG stating the rules (which you won't because they don't publicize them), there is still the small print that regardless of any rules, Royal Ambassador is by invitation only, at their sole discretion. So, I wouldn't tread the legalese path here...
their representatives in Makati acknowledge the criteria is still 60/20/3.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
t&c:
The 60/20/3 were in IHG's t&c on the beginning of July and they gave the RA automtically after achieving 60/20/3.
Then they changed their t&c to "by invitation" for a very short time.
Then they changed their t&c to 75/30/3 for a very short time.
Then they changed their t&c back to "by invitation".

Email:
Ambassador service send me an email with the 60/20/3 rule on June 11.

Of course, I don't tread the legalese path for achieving a status. I wanted to show, that the fact, some customers still get the RA on the 60/20/3 rule. doesn't proove that there were no change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.