Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Paris Versailles Bougival

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Tesco Club Points, Avios
Holiday Inn Paris Versailles Bougival

Considering making a 24 hour stop over at above hotel next weekend on route to the South coast
Arriving after lunch Saturday departing early Sunday
Interested to know if anyone has experience of this hotel for a small family?
I note no swimming pool which is disappointing.
Is there a selection of restaurants in the neighbourhood - within walking distance?
How easy/difficult is it to get into the centre of Paris to visit one or two of the main attractions? Would there be good transport links? Or would I need to drive in?
Thanks
Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Silver,UA,IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr Jones
Considering making a 24 hour stop over at above hotel next weekend on route to the South coast
Arriving after lunch Saturday departing early Sunday
Interested to know if anyone has experience of this hotel for a small family?
I note no swimming pool which is disappointing.
Is there a selection of restaurants in the neighbourhood - within walking distance?
How easy/difficult is it to get into the centre of Paris to visit one or two of the main attractions? Would there be good transport links? Or would I need to drive in?
Thanks
I stayed here some years ago. It is a significant journey into Paris, by car or rail. The town is fairly sleepy, and there is a small choice of restaurants and cafes.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Tesco Club Points, Avios
Appreciate your response - trying to work out whether there is value in stopping here or travelling further South that day on route to the coast. Would be no fun if simply stuck in traffic as often happens on a Saturday in Paris
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver,UA,IHG Diamond
Personally, I wouldn't bother stopping there, but I had no car. Stay somewhere closer to Paris, or just keep driving.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I stayed here with family a few years ago when we visited the Chateau Versailles. I thought it was a charming HI and not at all like central Paris of course. We drove out from Paris and as said, it's a bit of a drive especially if you hit traffic. I think we ate in the hotel restaurant which was fine and kid-friendly. There are lots of restaurants nearby if you have a car.

If it were me and I wanted to drive into Paris, I'd do just that. But if you aren't used to driving in a large European city, and want to avoid expensive parking, maybe try public transport. You could drive down close to Versaille and find free parking near one of the RER C stops and take the train in.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, BAEC
If it's just somewhere on the route calais to the south, then I'd give Paris a miss for such a short stopover with a car, as those hotels with parking are so far out, all you'll see is the inside of the RER.

If going down the westerly route, consider Chartres, a lovely cathedral city, plenty of hotel & restaurant choices and very nice for a walk around. Use the autoroute to the west going via Boulogne and Rouen and you save significantly in tolls too.

If going the easterly route, then consider Reims, the HI there was a little dated, but claims a recent refurb. Great city (and perhaps a cheeky visit to a Champagne house?)
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I agree to give Paris a miss. However my suggestion is to try the newly remodeled HI Dijon. It has a good pool for kids, even toddlers. It's also next door to a large shopping mall if that helps. Visiting the old center of Dijon will make for an interesting day. And if you like good wine, Dijon is the capital of Burgundy.

Also Dijon is just north of the A6 L'autoroute du soleil which will take you straight south to the Med.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.