Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Business Rewards - No double dipping ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
IHG Business Rewards - No double dipping ?

Firstly the method of booking rooms in this program for less than 9 rooms is ghastly. That said, I just had a 3 room, 4 night stay at a participating hotel in CA. I was one of the guests to boot. As the people I was traveling with were not frequent sleepers (an least not on the road) I arranged to list for an pay for the rooms. I just got off the phone with IHG Business Rewards - apparently you cant double dip. I checked the rules - it doesnt say you cant, and says that the booker and guest both get points (albeit at the 10% / 3% rate). Had I known I would have made someone else the booker. Has anyone any insight on this issue - As I look at it, I am 5,694 qualifying points out of pocket, and ironically only 949 from qualifying for Spire.

Thoughts ???
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: Flying blue
Likewise, I found that too, 15 nights lost because I assume if i pay for all the rooms (at over $100 a night) then I'd be entitled to some reward for it., but no, you only get for your stay.

They call it overlapping stays in the rules and there is a a rule somewhere to stop that. I personally cannot see the difference between me staying for a fully paid 30 nights, against me fully paying for 2 x 15 nights. It costs me the same money regardless.

Yet, as per my complaint, I get double credit for reward nights. Anyway, the most you;ll get from them is "That's the rules, p*ss off" over as many emails as you choose to reply to from them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.