Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
List of properties that have (or have not) recognised Spire. AND Provided Spire 'Specific' Benefit.

I suggest listing country, brand, property, how you were recognised (Club/not at all etc) and the month you stayed that way if anyone stays after that date we can have an update on whether things have changed.

Or if anyone can think of a better solution feel free to change it.

INDIA
CP JAIPUR - Suite upgrade, club access, happy hour with free snacks, Spire Elite label placed on your table for better treatment - Sep 2016

INDONESIA
IC Bali - local gift at check-in, room upgrade, free breakfast - Jan 2016

JAPAN

IC Tokyo Bay, not recognised at all, August 2015

NETHERLANDS
CP Amsterdam South - Spires Amenity choice now 'Lounge/Drink/600pts' on both paid+Award nights.
(On paid nights at checkin likely to be offered Junior Suite upgrade too if room is free, but not offered on awards.)

UNITED KINGDOM

CP London Heathrow. Free breakfast only. Offered discounted cash payment of 24 GBP pp for lounge access June 2016
Indigo Paddington, no recognisition. September 2015 (this hotel now gives good upgrades to Spire even when checking in late)
Indigo Kensington/Earls Court - apparently recognised. Got nothing not even Welcome Amenity, October 2015
HI Haydock M6 - J23, recognised as club. September 2015
HI London Gatwick Worth, Recognised as Club, September 2015
HI Express Birmingham NEC recognised as "basic member" August 2015
HIX Birmingham Star City, no recognition or amenity - January 2016
HIX Hamilton, recognised as club Aug 2015, recog. Spire Aug 2016
HI Birmingham M6, recognised as club Sept 2015 & Oct 2015, recognised as Spire January 2016
HIX Leigh Sports Village, recognised as club Sept 2015
HI Portsmouth, recognised as Club 22/October/2015
HI Leeds - Wakefield, recognised as club 19th December 2015
HI Luton Airport Recognised as Club 18th March 2016
HI Norwich Airport Me Recognised as Platinum June 3rd 2016
HI Norwich Airport MrsB Recognisd as Club June 3rd 2016.

USA

HI Express, Chicago, IL, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), October/2015. No benefits

THAILAND

HI Pattaya, Thailand, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), November/2105. August 2016, recognized as Spire, upgrade to Ocean View Suite but no benefits

CHINA

CP Guangzhou Haidu letter recognising as a Spire but no benefits additional to Golds. No room upgrade
CP Qingdao No letter, no recognition nothing
Print Wikipost

Discussion about new top tier: Spire

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by markis10
If you have just got aspire then you don't need to worry, nothing to do until next year now. IHG IT leaves a lot to be desired, as does it's call centre.
Thank you Markis10 for your response.

That means after next year, I would need to clock the 75 nights once again to hit my Spire status for 2019?

Appreciate your kind advice.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by anaidross
Thank you Markis10 for your response.

That means after next year, I would need to clock the 75 nights once again to hit my Spire status for 2019?

Appreciate your kind advice.
You should next year requalify for 2019, so 75 nights (or less if you have got roll over nights from this year) or 75000 elite points to remain Spire.

I have no idea what that information "To maintain your Elite status, either stay at least 10 qualifying nights with us or earn 10,000 qualifying points" (same on my account page since years) is good for. Maybe they just mean the lowest Elite tier (Gold).
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:09 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by submonte
You should next year requalify for 2019, so 75 nights (or less if you have got roll over nights from this year) or 75000 elite points to remain Spire.

I have no idea what that information "To maintain your Elite status, either stay at least 10 qualifying nights with us or earn 10,000 qualifying points" (same on my account page since years) is good for. Maybe they just mean the lowest Elite tier (Gold).
Any stays over 75 this year rollover into next years count, so if you have a need don't think they are wasted, mind you at 75 nights a year the benefits of spire are very underwhelming compared to elsewhere with less.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by markis10
Any stays over 75 this year rollover into next years count, so if you have a need don't think they are wasted, mind you at 75 nights a year the benefits of spire are very underwhelming compared to elsewhere with less.
15 stays with 5000 or 25 with 3000 qualifying points (booking better rooms and/or bonus points rates) seem reasonable.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by submonte
15 stays with 5000 or 25 with 3000 qualifying points (booking better rooms and/or bonus points rates) seem reasonable.
So do I understand correctly that, once I hit my status, I just need to have that 15 stays to re-qualify?

Appreciate your responses.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by anaidross
So do I understand correctly that, once I hit my status, I just need to have that 15 stays to re-qualify?

Appreciate your responses.
NO

Poster was saying that they reach 75k points needed for IHG Spire by booking a miserly 15nights on the 5000point EQP bonus package room rate.

You always need hit either 75k EQPs or 75nights during a calendar year to reach or renew IHG Spire status
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I hit 75,000 Qualifying Points a few weeks ago and still can't see anything that allows me to 'claim' my 25,000 Points bonus????
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Bloobell
I hit 75,000 Qualifying Points a few weeks ago and still can't see anything that allows me to 'claim' my 25,000 Points bonus????
Same here, I hit 75K qualifying points a month back too. I used the webchat to check with the IHG Rep and they immediately credit the points to my account. You may wish to try that as well.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Bloobell
It doesn't seem to flag up automatically any more. Worse, when I emailed them about it I got this reply:

"I hope you’re doing well today! I am happy to help you with your Spire Elite account concern.

Foremost, I sincerely apologize that my response is badly delayed, which necessitated you making another effort to contact us. Our incoming e-mail traffic recently picked up in an unexpected way, and we are currently working to catch up again. My sincere apology, because you may easily have thought we had disregarded your input to us.

Our records show that your Ambassador status has been renewed on 03 Jan 2017. Please be advise that since your status has been renewed your Spire Elite status has been maintained. As such, we are unable to award the Spire Benefit this time.

Thank you for choosing IHG Rewards Club. I hope this helped to answer your concern but if not, please let us know; we’d be happy to follow up."

I emailed back last week to point out that the 25,000 point choice award should be enabled once 75,000 qualifying points have been earned, but no reply (and no 25,000 points!) so far...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by hclee01
Same here, I hit 75K qualifying points a month back too. I used the webchat to check with the IHG Rep and they immediately credit the points to my account. You may wish to try that as well.
Couldn't get web chat to work so ended up calling them.

After a few minutes I was told there was a 'system error' and she credited me the 25,000 Points on the spot
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Retron
I emailed back last week to point out that the 25,000 point choice award should be enabled once 75,000 qualifying points have been earned, but no reply (and no 25,000 points!) so far...
And the reply came back. They've fixed it this time, thankfully!

The fix itself sounds a bit kludgey, but hey, it works.

"Foremost, I apologized for the confusion. Due to system issues, your Spire Benefit did not posted on the account automatically. As such, we need to make an adjustment by downgrading your account to Platinum elite and re-upgrade it to Spire Elite. You may check this adjustment online by logging on your account at www.ihg.com."
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I am looking to finish 2017 with minimum Spire requal and next year skip IHG picking only Accelerate berries for easy free nights if they continue like this.
I waited to see the merits of Spire for more than 2 years and now I have seen it
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
They seem to have at least partially fixed the choice benefit selection issue. Noticed this afternoon in the app that I'd had some EQ that requalified me for Spire post, and then when I logged onto the web site from my phone browser, it allowed me to select my 25K bonus points.

I've done a lot of burning points this year; nice to feel like I'm starting to rebuild my balance again.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
I have just re-qualified for Spire but unable to get my 25k points benefit. It is not showing up on my Spire Benefits list. I remember last year (Oct 2016) it showed as soon as I hit the 75k points threshold. I emailed IHG Ambassador, but they said that it can take a long time for it to activate? What are your experiences? Should I insist with IHG?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: IHG
Just email them, explaining what's happened and they'll manually post them. That seems to be the way to go. You should then have them within 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.