What to expect at a HI San Jose (CA) on Club Level

Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:26 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
What to expect at a HI San Jose (CA) on Club Level

I've stayed at the IC SF many times and accessed their Club Lounge once but never have seen one at a HI.

I'm looking at the HI in San Jose, CA and their Club Level rooms rate isn't much more than a regular room. So I'm wondering if it's worth it.

They offer breakfast for only $10 more but I thought breakfast was included in the lounges?

What should I expect if I get Club Level at this HI?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Originally Posted by 355F1
I've stayed at the IC SF many times and accessed their Club Lounge once but never have seen one at a HI.

I'm looking at the HI in San Jose, CA and their Club Level rooms rate isn't much more than a regular room. So I'm wondering if it's worth it.

They offer breakfast for only $10 more but I thought breakfast was included in the lounges?

I have only seen the 'club room' open once, and it was airline personnel...it looked like there was only coffee, cold drinks in the evening. However, the hotel has new owner/ management. There have been renovations done to the rooms, but my last stay I was surprised at 'takeaways' ...as a plat, ( in the past ) I was given 20% off card for food, good for whole stay, and they had a great little locked business center. Now, the computers and printers are in The lobby, so taking a lot of abuse, and working sporadically. It seems most of the experienced staff is gone. This used to be 'go to' property for me, but
no longer!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by 355F1

There is no club lounge. I've stayed there and was upgraded to what they call the Club Level. You get a larger room with a curved sofa. They also left me a welcome gift of cheese and fruit that had ants crawling in it. It's an ok hotel but nothing I'd rave about especially since they started charging for parking. I had not stayed prior to the renovations when it was a Wyndham so I can't compare to how bad it was but the reviews back then were pretty bad.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by CalItalian
There is no club lounge. I've stayed there and was upgraded to what they call the Club Level. You get a larger room with a curved sofa. They also left me a welcome gift of cheese and fruit that had ants crawling in it. It's an ok hotel but nothing I'd rave about especially since they started charging for parking. I had not stayed prior to the renovations when it was a Wyndham so I can't compare to how bad it was but the reviews back then were pretty bad.
Correct. No Club lounge even though I paid for a "Club Level King."

Upgraded to a suite but no welcome gift besides the 500pts. THey didn't even greet me as a Spire. LoL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.