Original Poster

Programs: RA
to buy points ?

Wondring about the best way to purchase points
is there web sit for 100,000 working ?

Or anter choice
Old Jun 15, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, IC Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
IHG posted a 100% bonus offer today on their own website. It works out to $575/100K points, vs $565 for the "daily getaways" offer that was posted a month or two ago.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:42 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
So from this promotion we know that :

Each point costs .575cents/point

-Intercontinental Danang lets you burn at a value of .9cents/point, thats almost double in value.
-Intercontinental Koh Samui gives a value of .88cents/point.
(And this is even after the category increase.)

Are there any lists that exists where I can see the hotels that give the most burn value out of points ?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
It is very good value since it means that you pay for 0.575 cent/point just like others said.
Since you are living in KSA, another good value properties to burn your points:
- HI Jeddah Gateway; around 800-900 SAR; which is around 220-250 USD for 20,000 pts. Therefore, it will let you burn at rate 1.1-1.25 cents/point. Great property and just opened this year.
- HI Jeddah Al Salam; around 540 SAR; which is around 143 USD for 10,000 pts. Therefore, it will let you burn at rate 1.43 cents/point. (However, the hotel is old)
- IC Makkah; around 1,400 SAR; which is around 375 USD for 35,000 pts. --> 1.07 cents/point.

In case you are looking for other properties outside KSA:
- IC London Park Lane 250-300 GBP --> 390-480 USD for 50,000 pts --> 0.78-0.96 cents/point
- also IC Danang & Koh Samui also great value for burning points as jedicat666 said.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:23 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by virtualaris
It is very good value since it means that you pay for 0.575 cent/point just like others said.
Since you are living in KSA, another good value properties to burn your points:
- HI Jeddah Gateway; around 800-900 SAR; which is around 220-250 USD for 20,000 pts. Therefore, it will let you burn at rate 1.1-1.25 cents/point. Great property and just opened this year.
- HI Jeddah Al Salam; around 540 SAR; which is around 143 USD for 10,000 pts. Therefore, it will let you burn at rate 1.43 cents/point. (However, the hotel is old)
- IC Makkah; around 1,400 SAR; which is around 375 USD for 35,000 pts. --> 1.07 cents/point.

In case you are looking for other properties outside KSA:
- IC London Park Lane 250-300 GBP --> 390-480 USD for 50,000 pts --> 0.78-0.96 cents/point
- also IC Danang & Koh Samui also great value for burning points as jedicat666 said.
SAR is a wee bit far for me, how about around SEA or AUS ?
We really need a list ><
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:26 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by jedicat666
We really need a list ><
Try awardmapper.com
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:43 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by nux
Try awardmapper.com
Appreciate but i realised some properties are inaccurate and outdated.
e.g CP istanbul old city is now a Wyndham hotel
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by jedicat666
We really need a list ><
Yeah, I need that too but unfortunately there's no other way than checking one by one.

However, there's a list of properties that have changed the required amount of reward nights in 2015:
http://www.ihg.com/content/dam/etc/m...nt_changes.pdf
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
The nice thing is the points & bonus post instantly from the current 100% Bonus promo (I just purchased them and it did to my account).
Old Jun 20, 2015, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
When you are calculating this out, remember that you now earn 10 points per $ at all IC's. I gave a quick look at this bonus offer for an upcoming two night stay at Le Grand Paris. I would save about €45 per night if I bought into this points offer. However I'd be missing out on a lot of points earned. It's kind of a wash.

Add into it that some hotels will treat you much better on a paid stay rather than an award stay.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I've never had a hotel treat me differently on a reward stay vs. a paid stay. Also, remember to calculate taxes since there are none on rewards stays
Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
I've never had a hotel treat me differently on a reward stay vs. a paid stay. Also, remember to calculate taxes since there are none on rewards stays
Try IC Jakarta MidPlaza on reward stay and you would know the differences.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Try IC Jakarta MidPlaza on reward stay and you would know the differences.
IN a good or a bad way?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
IN a good or a bad way?
Worst way; I think. Stay there twice.
1st stay using Reward Night; no upgrade given eventhough occupancy less than 10%. Offered paid upgrade; they said it was discounted for Ambassador member. Just realized that the price difference on flex rate between Deluxe to Club room is actually the same price that I paid for the so called discounted rate. What an up-selling trick!

2nd stay using AMB Weekend night; booked club room for 3 persons; upgraded to Suite (all of the suite are club included). Then they said that the rate was wrong and actually for 2 persons only so I have to pay for the 3rd person; then they said another BS saying that since the 2nd night is free so it supposed to be standard room, no breakfast included and no lounge access??? My worst stay ever in all IHG chains. :
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:28 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Worst way; I think. Stay there twice.
1st stay using Reward Night; no upgrade given eventhough occupancy less than 10%. Offered paid upgrade; they said it was discounted for Ambassador member. Just realized that the price difference on flex rate between Deluxe to Club room is actually the same price that I paid for the so called discounted rate. What an up-selling trick!

2nd stay using AMB Weekend night; booked club room for 3 persons; upgraded to Suite (all of the suite are club included). Then they said that the rate was wrong and actually for 2 persons only so I have to pay for the 3rd person; then they said another BS saying that since the 2nd night is free so it supposed to be standard room, no breakfast included and no lounge access??? My worst stay ever in all IHG chains. :
First of all, this is to be expected. Your 1st night was a reward night, hence NON-qualifying. For non-qualifying nights, they don't have to upgrade you. Its not about treating you worse, they are just following protocol.

2nd stay using AMB BOGO night cert, here is what you need to know. Even though the 2nd night it FREE, it is still considered a QUALIFYING NIGHT. They cant ask you to pay for a 3rd person after checking, thats an error on their part and they should foot the bill. (Unless the 3rd person was sneaked in after checkin) Lounge and breakfast should have been included for at least 2 people.

As a plat amb i would write an email to AMB SVCS and the hotel chief concierge and demand a refund of 1 night OR a refund of xxx points (whatever amount needed for 1 free nights at jakarta IC)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.