IC Dubai Marina (Master Thread)

Old May 19, 2015, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Thumbs up IC Dubai Marina (Master Thread)

Just completed my first stay at the all-new Intercontinental Hotel in Dubai Marina. What a great property! Open for booking from Monday 25th May 2015!

Located just along the water in Dubai Marina and along the new tram tracks on the road, it offers great view from many rooms and restaurants! Their top restaurant will be the Dubai Social, but this will only open when the new tourist season starts in September

The lobby is very large (long) with art and some work by the guy who also did 50shades interiors. Some pieces are apparently still going to be upgraded.

The facilities are as you would expect from city Intercon in the Gulf; many restaurants and bars, with full license (pork&alcohol) and a great gym(24h) and pool (on 2nd floor, not the top....). Space for shisha outside and also a terrace along the waterfront. They are also going to do a dedicated Gin&tonic bar.

The decor is very modern and minimalist. In the lobby there is art and on each floor there is a special feature seat at the lift lobby. The decor is a combination of natural woods and stone. Quite well done and not overdone!

The rooms we stayed was a deluxe and the bathroom is fantastic, with great views, all separate shower, toilet, bath and vanity. Wash basins are free standing design units. Excellent stuff and all still quite functional. An ongoing problem I have with new hotels is that the towels just haven't been washed often enough and they dont work.

The room is asymmetrical with large windows and this sets the room apart from the usual straight and boring hotel rooms. More then large enough and with all the modern amenities you expect. Mini bar was still empty, but I am sure it will be stocked by next week.

The bed was fantastic and they went all out on super fine Egyptian cotton sheets. What a great sleep! A/C was audible, but not disturbing. All controls were touch pads with blue LED light.

Breakfast was good choice (3 separate station) and they are just starting to get the hang of it. Nice chairs and plenty of space (in & outside). This is the all-day-dining restaurant. Currently plenty of staff, but next week there will be more guests.

For those collecting points there will be an opening promo rate of AED 699++ for some time.

Best of luck Intercon Dubai Marina!
Old May 19, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Great Stay at the new Dubai Marina InterContinental hotel

I have four nights here booked in September, but it seems like the email address they have listed on the website does not work.

Would you possibly have an contact email address of theirs on your receipt ?

Thanks !
Old May 20, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Good to know that it will open 1 week earlier; it's supposed to open on June 1. I'm going to stay there in few weeks and can't wait! Actually I drove by there last month and it seems the hotel is surrounded by many high rise residential buildings, and hope they won't block the views. IC Marina doesn't have the open space like IC Festival City does. There are not many buildings around IC Festival City, only Crowne Plaza, a commercial building and a shopping mall right next to it. The room with city creek view is jaw dropping. However, during my last stay last month, the noise from the renovation of the Festival City shopping mall next door was unbearable. They were tearing down part of the shopping mall complex and started to make noise in the very early morning until almost midnight, and even in the middle of the night I could hear clearly the engine or machine running noise from the construction site while I were sleeping in my room and my room was on 25th floor! I strongly suggest avoid staying at IC Festival City for at least another 1 or 2 months if noise bothers you. IC Marina comes out at the right time!
Old May 26, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Decisions, decisions. I'm fairly points-rich at the moment. However, the special opening rates at this hotel are very, very cheap. What to do?
Old May 26, 2015, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by rumbataz
Decisions, decisions. I'm fairly points-rich at the moment. However, the special opening rates at this hotel are very, very cheap. What to do?
I rebooked two nights in cash. Check online I think mrrebates or ebates is offering 12% cash back as well.
Old May 28, 2015, 2:21 pm

IC Dubai Marina

After reading all the comments about how bad the club lounge in the IC Dubai Festival City is after the changes early this year I wanted to try the IC Marina. Using the email on the website I got an immediate response:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the relay 165.2.143.94 [165.2.143.94].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 User unknown

Looks like they don't exist?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
Here at the moment on a short stay.

Rooms are very nice and locations is good for the marina/JB area.

The rooms are very modern in design which I like but in a way that can get old fast as some of the interior design finishes are industrial.

There are still house keeping and maintenance problems which may be due to the recent opening. Window glasses are already dirty which is not promising.

The soft touches are still a long way away. Most staff seems to casual or too forced. This requires attention.

Poor sound proofing

Mini-bar fridge cannot be regulated and has poor cooling power.

Final conclusion: Undecided. For entry level rooms at euro 225 with no breakfast. There are better options in Dubai

Last edited by palermo; Jun 2, 2015 at 10:21 pm
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by palermo
Here at the moment on a short stay.

Rooms are very nice and locations is good for the marina/JB area.

The rooms are very modern in design which I like but in a way that can get old fast as some of the interior design finishes are industrial.

There are still house keeping and maintenance problems which may be due to the recent opening. Window glasses are already dirty which is not promising.

The soft touches are still a long way away. Most staff seems to casual or too forced. This requires attention.

Poor sound proofing

Mini-bar fridge cannot be regulated and has poor cooling power.

Final conclusion: Undecided. For entry level rooms at euro 225 with no breakfast. There are better options in Dubai
Thanks for the honest report. Poor sound-proofing would really annoy me.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:51 am

Btw: Their email address works now. Their special opening rates seem to be expensive.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Priority Club
I've checked out my reservation for October and it's modified from the King Deluxe Room to a King Room Premium.

Anyone any ideas as to whether that's a renaming of the room type or an upgrade?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by Barry Bethal
I've checked out my reservation for October and it's modified from the King Deluxe Room to a King Room Premium.

Anyone any ideas as to whether that's a renaming of the room type or an upgrade?
Its an upgrade to the next category of rooms .
Are you an Intercontinental Ambassador ? If so this is a standard one category upgrade .
I have checked my booking for December and it has been upgraded to the Premium King room too . This is great considering I'm on an award booking and the hotel didn't need to upgrade me .
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: Priority Club
Yeah I'm Ambassador but using a combo of points and a weekend cert so I'll take that if they've upgraded for the full stay. Any ideas what's better about the upgrade? I tried looking on the hotel site at the rooms but couldn't see the category.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by Barry Bethal
Yeah I'm Ambassador but using a combo of points and a weekend cert so I'll take that if they've upgraded for the full stay. Any ideas what's better about the upgrade? I tried looking on the hotel site at the rooms but couldn't see the category.
When I search in December I can see the room type listed ,there's no picture and the description doesn't give much away unfortunately ......The price is about $40 more than the Deluxe room .

"The premium king room with balcony offers an outdoor view to the spectacular jumeirah beach residence. The ingenious design and contemporary elegance features complimentary WiFi minibar espresso machine and a freestanding 40 inch flat screen TV. Size 40 sq m plus balcony"

As the standard rooms are listed as 30-42m2 the size of a premium room could be smaller than a deluxe room ? All I can see that's different is an espresso machine and perhaps a better view ? Its too early days to get any info or pics from trip advisor .
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
I stayed at a premium room myself. I believe the main difference with the deluxe is the balcony which is indeed a very nice feature. My room had a pool/marina view which was very nice and would warrant a premium price.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:29 pm

Great Stay at the new Dubai Marina InterContinental hotel

If anybody has outstanding reservations at this property check the prices! I noticed the rates fell about 30% for my stay! Not joking! Just rebooked. Managed to upgrade my room type myself, and still paid less than originally

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.