Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Dubai Marina (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:46 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Any more positive/negative feedback on this? I'm about to book this weekend - it's a toss-up between this or the Crowne Plaza Deira (which was fabulous when I stayed there a few months ago).
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Any recent stays and feedback?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Mattyb44
Any recent stays and feedback?
I've been reading the reviews of this property on IHG and the reviews are just above average. Not great though, sadly. I really wanted to book this for my summer holiday but the points rate is extremely high so didn't want to spend so many points in case I was disappointed.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Will I get the penthouse suite? IC Dubai Marina

I am Gold Ambassador. I am booking the 3- bedroom residence suite at the Intercontinental Dubai Marina. I see NO other room about this room type, other than the Penthouse suite. Literally it goes from 3-Bedroom Residence Suite to Penthouse Residence Suite- so would they be required to provide to me the penthouse?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
might be excluded from the T&Cs
Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:20 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
While not the same hotel, I booked a 2-bedroom view suite at the IC Festival City, and they told me they don't upgrade beyond the level I booked. Even so, after some prodding they did upgrade me to the next level, and told me they are making a unique exception.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I also had a two bedroom suite at the IC Festival City and since they don't upgrade any further they offered a reduced cash rate. Don't remember how much less it was, though.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I also had a two bedroom suite at the IC Festival City and since they don't upgrade any further they offered a reduced cash rate. Don't remember how much less it was, though.
Yes having hotel reduce room rate downwards to rate of type immediately below ones booked rate should really apply everywhere if a guaranteed upgrade is not possible eg if the better rooms are actually sold.

Of course this rate reduction is something you can only ask for (insist on even) if the room type one level below type you booked is valid to be upgraded to the room you booked

Some hotels will sneakily try and give you the stay rate difference as a dining credit which you should always refuse
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:35 pm

Booked 3 bedroom residence suite, confirmed with the hotel that I am upgraded to the Penthouse. 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 2 balconies and a jacuzzi overlooking Dubai.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Booked 3 bedroom residence suite, confirmed with the hotel that I am upgraded to the Penthouse. 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 2 balconies and a jacuzzi overlooking Dubai.
Nice
Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

I had a look at Ambassador upgrade t&c's section and the IC Dubai is not one of the several listed IC hotels excluding certain rooms from the available upgrade pool

So you'll get the upgrade Unless or until someone wishes to pay for the hotels Penthouse Suite
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Quote:

I had a look at Ambassador upgrade t&c's section and the IC Dubai is not one of the several listed IC hotels excluding certain rooms from the available upgrade pool

So you'll get the upgrade Unless or until someone wishes to pay for the hotels Penthouse Suite
Probably just because they are a new hotel and eager to please, IMHO. Either way, I'm going to enjoy it
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Photos please.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
pics or it didn't happen ™®
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:06 am

I will definitely post pics!!! Just give me two weeks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.