Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Free Nights" missing from account

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Indeed, I can see my 'gratis' nights in Spanish, but then not in English even after rebooting. I guess that I can only use these nights in Spanish speaking countries.

My updates are all done. I might delete all the cookies and try that.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
So, when I quit the browser session without signing out while in Spanish, then going back to the site and logging in again, the buttons for the 'free nights' are there in English. Clicking on the one on the left side of the account page results in nothing, as does clicking on the tab under my offers.

So, the buttons are back but they just take me back to the my account page.

Progress??!!
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:43 am

i have same issue... clicking free night status redirects me to account status page
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Just got off the phone with IHG customer care and confirmed that my three free night certs (2 from in to the nights, 1 from PC visa) are in my account. The rep also indicated the issue has been reported and that IT is working on it. She did indicate that they could make the bookings over the phone which I declined as I did not have an immediate need. Certs should be there for those who have not used them yet.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Mine also disappeared. I tried clearing cookies and cache in Chrome and the direct link and no luck. Since I don't need to use the free night immediately, I am going to wait it out for a week or so and see if it resolved. If it still isn't back at that point, I'll call IHG to verify the night is still in my account.

--Jon

P.S. My first points for the Share Forever promotion just posted. I wonder if some how in some strange way the problem is related.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Mine also disappeared. I tried clearing cookies and cache in Chrome and the direct link and no luck. Since I don't need to use the free night immediately, I am going to wait it out for a week or so and see if it resolved. If it still isn't back at that point, I'll call IHG to verify the night is still in my account.

--Jon

P.S. My first points for the Share Forever promotion just posted. I wonder if some how in some strange way the problem is related.
No, they're not. My free nights have been there since my first Share Forever bonus points posted.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
No, they're not. My free nights have been there since my first Share Forever bonus points posted.
Okay, so much for that theory. I also tried the language trick and no change. Standing by for now....

--Jon
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
That link has also disappeared for me.
Mind you I had free nights from "Into the Nights" and also from the Chase Credit Card. I just redeemed the Chase one, but I should still have "Into the Nights" credits.
Now there was some site re-design, where the sign-in is now floating to the right of the page (kind of annoying). It behaves differently in Chrome vs. IE. My guess is some developer hasn't finished the conversion.
Sure enough, in Espanol, there is a "detalles de noches gratis" and the correct number of my "Into the Nights" nights are listed. But instead of being labeled "Into the Nights" it is labeled as "null" ... you can go make a reservation and you can switch back to Ingles.
Annoying!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
I can get to my free nights by going to http://www.intercontinental.com. Log in and manage my account.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
It came back, now disappeared.. Can't find in Spanish now either
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Have you already made bookings using the ITN free nights? According to the terms of the program, free nights had to be redeemed by January 31st, for stays before December 31st 2015.

Otherwise you will automatically get the points option. So keep an eye out for that maybe.
So how many points will I get when I don't use my Into the Free Night certificates until the end of the year?

Is this somewhere explained?

Thank you
MTH
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Originally Posted by ryan754
It came back, now disappeared.. Can't find in Spanish now either
Uh oh, same here...

Originally Posted by MTHTravel
So how many points will I get when I don't use my Into the Free Night certificates until the end of the year?
None. You had to choose during the Promo, there's no going back to points afterwards.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Sorry that I never posted when this issue cleared up for me. A couple weeks after the nights 'disappeared', then appeared in Spanish, then whatever....they all came back. Indeed, my "Share" nights posted about a week ago.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
i called about missing nights from ITN, and Manila told me not to worry, they can see them on their end, they also said the reservations have to be made by Dec 31st, stay can be beyond Dec 31st.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I think they do this on purpose so that people forget about them and they don't have to give out the free nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.