Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

How many nights will I receive credit for with IC in this situation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 10:11 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

I believe that I may be on track this year to receive the RA invite. However, I have a question regarding an upcoming stay.

I have the following two separately booked reservations at the Palazzo in Las Vegas:

Aug 13-17
Aug 14-18 (for a friend but I booked it with my IHG MC and will check in for them as I will already be there)

Will I get credit for 8 nights or 4 nights? If 8, will all 8 nights count towards the 20 paid nights at IC's to qualify for RA status?

(I know I will only get the 2000 points max for staying with each)

Thanks!
Old May 26, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
I believe that I may be on track this year to receive the RA invite. However, I have a question regarding an upcoming stay.

I have the following two separately booked reservations at the Palazzo in Las Vegas:

Aug 13-17
Aug 14-18 (for a friend but I booked it with my IHG MC and will check in for them as I will already be there)

Will I get credit for 8 nights or 4 nights? If 8, will all 8 nights count towards the 20 paid nights at IC's to qualify for RA status?

(I know I will only get the 2000 points max for staying with each)

Thanks!
In my experience you will not get points for two rooms at the same date. The second stay/hotel will show up as 'overlapping stay' with 0 points.
You should get 4 nights for 13-17.
Not sure how they will treat the 14-18 stay, either you get nothing (if they count everything as overlapping stay) or 1 night (for the last night).
Old May 26, 2015, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
In my experience, overlapping stays can get points credit but are NOT qualifying nights towards elite status.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
In my experience you will not get points for two rooms at the same date. The second stay/hotel will show up as 'overlapping stay' with 0 points.
You should get 4 nights for 13-17.
Not sure how they will treat the 14-18 stay, either you get nothing (if they count everything as overlapping stay) or 1 night (for the last night).
Only the overlapping nights wont count but if they don't post correctly you can get the extra night to qualify if you call them up.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:48 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Thank you to all who replied. ^^

Another question:

Say I have two hotels booked in two different states at the same time...will I get full points for both hotel stays? (another situation where I booked for a friend with my IHG MC to get me the points/miles and he just paid me in cash/ the other stay is actually mine for work)
Old May 27, 2015, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
Thank you to all who replied. ^^

Another question:

Say I have two hotels booked in two different states at the same time...will I get full points for both hotel stays? (another situation where I booked for a friend with my IHG MC to get me the points/miles and he just paid me in cash/ the other stay is actually mine for work)
No. Same thing. You only get points for one night per calendar day, does not matter how many continents etc.

This is a problem when you have a day room in Asia before your departure to America and then a room for the (next) night which is still the same calendar day.
kevino likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.