Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10% Point Rebate for Award Bookings for AMB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
10% Point Rebate for Award Bookings for AMB

I could not find any answer to this...
I paid for the option were you get 10% points back for reward bookings as AMB.

Is there any maximum rebate?

Or any points you used in one year regardles of the amount - 10%?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Yes, maximum rebate is 100,000 in any calendar year, so anything above 1m Points won't get a rebate

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...bassador/renew
Old May 4, 2015, 3:01 am

good luck getting the points without effort

Takes me 2 sometimes 3 requests to get these points credited. I purposively wait until 7 weeks after (they are supposed to post wirhin6 weeks). First reply is always 'you have not waited long enough' ..my reply is '7 weeks minus 6 weeks....blah blah' ..have mercy!
Old May 4, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
I'm waiting for some at the moment. I emailed after 6 weeks, and received a response within 24 hours saying that they need more time to investigate.

Within two hours, I got a survey email asking me how they had done!
Old May 5, 2015, 6:04 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thatsthatmattressman
Takes me 2 sometimes 3 requests to get these points credited. I purposively wait until 7 weeks after (they are supposed to post wirhin6 weeks). First reply is always 'you have not waited long enough' ..my reply is '7 weeks minus 6 weeks....blah blah' ..have mercy!
no issues here, mine credit every month like clockwork.
Old May 5, 2015, 11:05 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by davidw70
I'm waiting for some at the moment. I emailed after 6 weeks, and received a response within 24 hours saying that they need more time to investigate.

Within two hours, I got a survey email asking me how they had done!
The only logical explanation is that they have closed the ticket, triggering the survey. "Need more time to investigate" probably means "we know IHG's IT is slow, just sit it out".

HTB.
Old May 6, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
I have renewed Ambassador membership with the 10% rebate for two years in a row. Only once did the rebate post automatically, in all other cases I had to submit a missing points form and/or contact Ambassador Services.

My most recent stay was booked during my previous membership year but the stay was in my current membership year. The 16,000 points rebate did not post automatically and I got no reply to my missing points request.

I then contacted Ambassador Services who told me the stay was not eligible because it had been booked before the renewal date of my current membership.

Luckily I had kept the email confirmations from both renewals and sent them copies, pointing out that the booking was made after my first renewal. They then apologized and the points posted soon after.

I am not sure whether there is an automated process in place to process these rebates. If at all, it must be pretty shaky. If everything needs to be done manually then it seems that the people in charge do not have access to the full history and/or have not been properly trained.

Last edited by DuMaInSin; May 6, 2015 at 7:16 am
Old May 6, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
is AMB 10% rebate is in additional to PC visa rebate if you have both?
Old May 7, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
i had never paid any attention to the rebate for redemption stays, so when i read this thread, i called Manila, and after giving them the dates of the reward stays, from last summer, they put me on hold, and told me it's not for Royal Ambassadors, it's only for Ambassadors that have paid the $200 fee, if correct, another crazy IHG philosophy, ie don't reward our most frequent stayers, does anyone know the T&C on this?
Old May 7, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i called Manila, and after giving them the dates of the reward stays, from last summer, they put me on hold, and told me it's not for Royal Ambassadors, it's only for Ambassadors that have paid the $200 fee...
That's boloney. Why call Manila? @:-)

Originally Posted by techoin
is AMB 10% rebate is in additional to PC visa rebate if you have both?
It is.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:40 pm

i had never paid any attention to the rebate for redemption stays, so when i read this thread, i called Manila, and after giving them the dates of the reward stays, from last summer, they put me on hold, and told me it's not for Royal Ambassadors, it's only for Ambassadors that have paid the $200 fee, if correct, another crazy IHG philosophy, ie don't reward our most frequent stayers, does anyone know the T&C on this?
Good idea to come here for clarification as you clearly do not understand this aspect of the program.
Ambassador renewal costs $150.There is an option of paying an extra $50 for renewal and getting in return a 10% rebate on points used to book reward stays. You pay extra money and get a benefit for paying that extra money.It has nothing to do with not rewarding their most frequent stayers.
Old May 7, 2015, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Spock Seat
That's boloney. Why call Manila? @:-)

It is.
when i say i called Manila, i phoned Ambassador Services, and that's where i ended up, speaking to a rep in Makati, Manila.

i didn't believe it either, but i was busy, had a quick look at the T&C, and couldn't find it within the time i had, hence my post here.
Old May 7, 2015, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Good idea to come here for clarification as you clearly do not understand this aspect of the program.
Ambassador renewal costs $150.There is an option of paying an extra $50 for renewal and getting in return a 10% rebate on points used to book reward stays. You pay extra money and get a benefit for paying that extra money.It has nothing to do with not rewarding their most frequent stayers.
i've never paid the renewal, i was referred to RA about seven years ago, and have earned RA for the subsequent years, other than three nights at the Willard a several years back when it was still 40K a night, i've not made a redemption stay until last summer, it was only reading this thread, that i thought if A or RA, you get a 10% kick back, thanks for the explanation, just thinking about it now, i'm still surprised they don't offer that rebate to RA's, in theory, their most loyal customers, i did pick up the Chase card about six months back, and i believe that has the same 10% rebate.
Old May 8, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
I paid for renewal for the first time (usually I use 24 tk points) as I'm planning to burn 400 - 500 tk points this year. For the first two redemption I've done in February rebated points showed on account about 4 weeks after stay, but for 2 recent that didn't happen 2 months after stays. I filled missing points form and points arrived within 24 hours, following e-mail from customer service. Very impressed, as I didn't expect so quick reaction from IHG.
Old May 8, 2015, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
when i say i called Manila, i phoned Ambassador Services, and that's where i ended up, speaking to a rep in Makati, Manila.
Yes me too a few times. The AMB 10% doesn't always post for me so i end up calling 7-8 weeks after checkout.

Renewing AMB for $200, just like keeping the PC Mastercard in the US, is a no-brainer. The AMB 15,000 renewal points plus 10% rebate on rewards breaks even pretty quickly. And that is before considering any stay benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.