Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Share Forever Summer Promotion - 5/1/15 - 9/7/15 (Americas only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Share Forever Summer Promotion - 5/1/15 - 9/7/15 (Americas only)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by mnCO
Thanks for doing the legwork! I was excited when all the bloggers said you could, only to come on here and have everyone talk like trying to keep sharable points was some sort of shady pseudo-criminal activity.
Oh yeah, not a problem. With as many people that seem to have had their accounts cancelled for "abuse" I can definitely understand the paranoia, so in situations like that I guess it's definitely just better to go on and get the official answer rather than wasting time speculating about the ambiguous nature of the terms and conditions and promotional materials out there.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Daichovo
16 nights, $140 all-in, points posted automatically, without contacting IHG a gazillion times = I win.
I'm curious how you made so many paid stays at an average cost of $8.75/night.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:33 pm

Even though the one person mentioned it is ok to share, I am going to hold off until more people try it. I would think IHG came up with this promotion to get other people to become members. I don't get any serious sharing points until I hit night 60.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:55 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I'm curious how you made so many paid stays at an average cost of $8.75/night.
He could have booked most of the stays for friends/family under his account.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
He could have booked most of the stays for friends/family under his account.
Thats what I was thinking - Friends/family, or reimbursement by his employer for business stays.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by mnCO
Thanks for doing the legwork! I was excited when all the bloggers said you could, only to come on here and have everyone talk like trying to keep sharable points was some sort of shady pseudo-criminal activity.
I receive corporate communications from IHG Rewards Club about new promotions. Just saw this FlyerTalk thread today.

Here are the lines from the initial IHG email to clarify why all the bloggers stated you can share or keep points for your own account. My email was probably the same email for many bloggers who were contacted by IHG Rewards Club at the launch of the promotion.

Note: For the first night, all members will receive 500 points for them and 500 points to share (which they can keep for themselves as well if they’d like). Then, a member will receive a variable nights requirement with a variable point amount. They will get 1,000 more points to share (or keep). The offers increase with this type of construct.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by satori
I receive corporate communications from IHG Rewards Club about new promotions. Just saw this FlyerTalk thread today.

Here are the lines from the initial IHG email to clarify why all the bloggers stated you can share or keep points for your own account. My email was probably the same email for many bloggers who were contacted by IHG Rewards Club at the launch of the promotion.
Awesome! Appreciate the extra information. At this point I feel more than safe saying this is acceptable to do.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ThatOneGayRavenclaw
Awesome! Appreciate the extra information. At this point I feel more than safe saying this is acceptable to do.
Yep, I shared my first bonus, 500 points, with myself. It took a couple of weeks to post, but I just saw it this morning.

randidliyo
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by randidliyo
Yep, I shared my first bonus, 500 points, with myself. It took a couple of weeks to post, but I just saw it this morning.

randidliyo
I also shared the first one, 500 points, with myself and it posted BUT I also shared the second and third one with myself and have yet to get an email for either one to accept (and my account just says pending on both). I've been waiting for nearly 2 weeks on the second email to accept.

I already had my fourth award posted today but still no sharing with myself email to accept from the second and third awards.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I haven't run across the situation with previous promos, but this time I have a reservation for Sept 7 - 8. Have these check in on technically the last day and check out later stays been credited to Big Win, Into the Nights, etc?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
I also shared the first one, 500 points, with myself and it posted BUT I also shared the second and third one with myself and have yet to get an email for either one to accept (and my account just says pending on both). I've been waiting for nearly 2 weeks on the second email to accept.

I already had my fourth award posted today but still no sharing with myself email to accept from the second and third awards.
I'm having same issue, waiting and waiting on the 2nd email to myself..any solution?...is there a way to recall? since it doesn't seem to be against the rules, anyone contact customer service?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:06 pm

I made it to level 5 last week and chose my free night, but it still hasn't posted yet.
Will finish this promotion once my 5 night stay posts from this past week.

Has anyone received their free night and it posted yet?

Second time poster, long time lurker
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:22 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by tdaley77
I'm having same issue, waiting and waiting on the 2nd email to myself..any solution?...is there a way to recall? since it doesn't seem to be against the rules, anyone contact customer service?
First 500 miles gifted to my brother. Email went through immediately.

The next 26,000 points were all gifted two weeks ago. Still says "pending" under my "shared gifts."

He has not received ANY of the 4 emails yet....kinda stupid.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
I had shared "Gold" status. The email went out right away and it was accepted soon. Does anybody have an experience as to how long does it take for "Gold" status to be reflected on the "receiving" account? Thanks so much.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Originally Posted by 355F1
First 500 miles gifted to my brother. Email went through immediately.

The next 26,000 points were all gifted two weeks ago. Still says "pending" under my "shared gifts."

He has not received ANY of the 4 emails yet....kinda stupid.
It happened to me at 2K level. After about 15 days, I got an email from IHG that my gift was not accepted within x days and I have to share again. Second time it worked. There is some kind of timeout on accepting the gift, you just have to wait.

I am waiting for 30K share to expire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.